Please pray... I'm petrified.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jordache

Petrified is the word. The idea is that we either fight or flee. I do neither. I freeze. This is how I feel now. I just received two obscene phone calls that were explicitly sexual in nature. Y'all can probably fill on the blanks as to what being done and said on the other side of those calls. He told me to open my door and that he was watching me. I called my neighbor immediately and then my brother-in-law (another neighbor) a few minutes later. He threw his
shoes on and ran down the street in both directions but saw
no one. I talked to my pastor who told me to call the police. They didn't answer at first, but when they did they wouldn't report. They just documented.
I live alone and the only blocked number I know is my dad. He disowned me in the beginning of the year when I confronted him with sexual abuse which he began when I was an infant. It sounded like him.
I'm also separated from my husband and have been for 6 mos. He was just released from a mental hospital after a 5 month stay. He hates me with a passion. Now, he's not a pervert; but of all the people in this world he would know exactly how to scare me.
I'm safe, but I dont feel it. My good friends are downstairs. My in-laws are a door away. Two of three pastors know already and one lives only a few miles away.
But I feel like I've been slimed. It's like getting sneezed on. Creepier is the fact that it could very well be my dad. Or it could be my husband who knows where I live and has access to keys because his sister is the apartment manager. Or it could be a stranger... All I know is I'm scared. I feel like I'm being watched and I feel degraded.

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
Lord give her peace and protection,let her know you are with her Lord and you are taking care of her, in
Jesus name amen

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Huge hugs Jordache, that is scary.
Know that Jesus is with you right now, and no harm shall come to you in Jesus Christ is Lord come in the flesh.
Dont let evil steal your rest in Jesus.
Praying for you and all that is the peace and protection of Jesus for you.

God bless
pickles

shemaiah

Jan 28, 2011
No weapon formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgement thou shalt condemn... (Isaiah 54:17)
God won't let anyone hurt you, He will always protect you. Always seek and obey His words. I will pray for you. God bless

S

shekaniah

Praying for you Jordache...Take care and God bless

J

Jordache

So after much thought I've decided I would have rather had someone threaten my life than subject me to their fantasies. Probably my greatest fear is of being someones fantasy without my having given them permission. By definition, phobias are irrational fears. Part of me sees this is irrational. I can't control what people dwell on. However, I feel like there is legitimacy to it still. I was subject to both of my parents fantasy. My fathers sexual fantasies resulted in me being sexually abuses from birth. My mothers narcissistic fantasies led to me being emotionally abused, and neglected when I didn't become what she was trying to achieve for herself through me. Had my parents had a measure of self-control in their fantasy life, I could have lived a semi-normal childhood. But because I was subjected to their fantasies which I never permitted them to have, I was hurt.

K

kayem77

This is scary, I understand that you don't feel safe...however you have a Father in heaven who watches over you. Be cautios and keep this in prayer, I'm sorry to hear about your parents. Praying for you, God bless.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
You continue in my prayers in Jesus.

Huge hugs Jordache!
God bless
pickles

cookie39

Oct 5, 2009
I pray that the Lord will surround you with his loving peace and comfort, fill you with faith that he have and always got your back..... giving his warring angels charge over your life, hiding you under his Holy Wings and in His secret place.... hiding you from all hurt, harm, and danger.... even if it within yourself... God said fear not what man can do to you.... but fear him alone..... I encourage you to pray for that person, forgive them no matter who they are...... if they keep calling you, the next time just start praying for them, tell them that you forgive them for what they done and you are asking God to show them mercy..... remember God is the strength of your life... in whom shall you fear, He is your salvation in whom shall you be afraid? repay this evil with good and in your doing so; GOD!! will stop there calls,,,, The Lord will do it!!! He said revenge is mine """" I WILL REPAY""" so trust in the Lord and the power of His might..... and the Peace of God will rest in you and your home. See the last thing the devil want you to d is pray to God for His forgiveness of your enemies, or for their salvation.... have confidence if the Word of God.... and the faith you have will be the results you receive. God bless you sister and I am standing in agreement with you..... love you with the love of God.....

Oct 20, 2011
I'd bet my money it's either your dad or your ex. Who else could it be right? If they call again, just shout I know who you are and I'm pressing charges as we speak!!! Say you'll be getting a knock on your door from the police shortly. That might turn the tables and freak them out. Alternatively the best way to combat that is to ignore it. So only pick up the phone if you recognize the number. That should be almost a standard in this day and age. I don't even keep my ringer on ever, let alone pick up for any stranger. What I realized when it comes to the phone is this... If you don't recognize the number what that means is the person calling is calling to give you some kind of trouble or to waste your time. Never ever will you pick up the phone and it's something good, or rarely ever. So don't do it. Those people at best get to leave a message and that's all. That way you can screen them. Dear lord please protect this person and help the caller to stop. Amen

Last edited:

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Petrified is the word. The idea is that we either fight or flee. I do neither. I freeze. This is how I feel now. I just received two obscene phone calls that were explicitly sexual in nature. Y'all can probably fill on the blanks as to what being done and said on the other side of those calls. He told me to open my door and that he was watching me. I called my neighbor immediately and then my brother-in-law (another neighbor) a few minutes later. He threw his
shoes on and ran down the street in both directions but saw
no one. I talked to my pastor who told me to call the police. They didn't answer at first, but when they did they wouldn't report. They just documented.
I live alone and the only blocked number I know is my dad. He disowned me in the beginning of the year when I confronted him with sexual abuse which he began when I was an infant. It sounded like him.
I'm also separated from my husband and have been for 6 mos. He was just released from a mental hospital after a 5 month stay. He hates me with a passion. Now, he's not a pervert; but of all the people in this world he would know exactly how to scare me.
I'm safe, but I dont feel it. My good friends are downstairs. My in-laws are a door away. Two of three pastors know already and one lives only a few miles away.
But I feel like I've been slimed. It's like getting sneezed on. Creepier is the fact that it could very well be my dad. Or it could be my husband who knows where I live and has access to keys because his sister is the apartment manager. Or it could be a stranger... All I know is I'm scared. I feel like I'm being watched and I feel degraded.
I pray God protect you in a most active manner, and that you be comforted at all levels. May the Lord keep you close in Jesus Christ. In Jesus Christ's name, amen.

A

AnandaHya

So after much thought I've decided I would have rather had someone threaten my life than subject me to their fantasies. Probably my greatest fear is of being someones fantasy without my having given them permission. By definition, phobias are irrational fears. Part of me sees this is irrational. I can't control what people dwell on. However, I feel like there is legitimacy to it still. I was subject to both of my parents fantasy. My fathers sexual fantasies resulted in me being sexually abuses from birth. My mothers narcissistic fantasies led to me being emotionally abused, and neglected when I didn't become what she was trying to achieve for herself through me. Had my parents had a measure of self-control in their fantasy life, I could have lived a semi-normal childhood. But because I was subjected to their fantasies which I never permitted them to have, I was hurt.
Don't let them control your life and what your mind dwells on. Ultimately it is about their wish to control you either mentally, emotionally or physically. Since they can no longer do it physically they attempt to do it emotionally and through mind games. In ways they may be trapped themselves and in need of prayer and a Savior. Trapped by their sin and wicked thoughts, with that we can not help them, but we can pray that God heal them and keep them from hurting others as they have hurt you.

Jordache, you can dwell on the past, your current fears or you can put on the armor God has given you. remember His love mercy and grace and move toward that upward calling. You have many skills and a lot of people around you that love and care about you. You have God's Holy Spirit whom you can pray to and find comfort in and you have His written word to help you remember His promises.

You are in my prayers. May God guide and comfort you and heal you from the pain so that you may be a light unto the world overcoming all obstacles in your way through the grace and mercy God has given you to forgive others as God has forgiven you your trespasses. Remembering always to walk and abide in His Holy Spirit manifesting the fruit thereof love, joy, peace, long suffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control. Blessing and not cursing our enemies as Christ taught us to love even those who persecute us. Having faith that God will keep us safe and surround us with people filled with His Spirit and love.

Therefore remember to put on your armor:

Ephesians 6
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[c] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; 18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints—