Please pray...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

shekaniah

Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

My husband and I just found out a good friend of ours passed away suddenly yesterday.
He had a wife, four grown children and four grandkids...

He was a hard working man, always ready to lend a hand.
He past out smiles to everyone!
He will be missed by us all.

Please pray for his family, as God puts it on your heart.
(I don't think they are all saved.)
Thank you for your faithfulness, Shekaniah

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
I'm so sorry about your friend's death :(.

Praying for God to comfort his family and friends and to enter their hearts at this time and speak of His love and peace. May they turn to Him for their comfort :) .

Bless you for loving him and appreciating his helpfulness and his smiles :)

Shilo

Aug 31, 2011

Father GOD our rock, You are our rock strength and comfort when we are hurting. I pray you comfort this man’s friends and family. LORD, please bring any family members of his who have not made the choice to make you lord into your house. Bring people into their live to share your word and love with them In Yeshua’s Holy name I pray amen.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
My heart and hugs to you and hubby and your friend's family.
All are in my prayers in Jesus for the comfort, streangth, and help needed during this time of sorrow.

Hugs and God bless
pickles

P

psychomom

Shekaniah--first, please I hope you understand I "like" your post because of the love you show, not because of the loss...:( I figured that wouldn't be a problem, but you 'know' me, and others who come along may not?)
Next--I am so sorry for you and your husband in this loss you suffer. :( The way you describe this man--he could have been my dad. :) It's a gift just to know someone like that, and although the world may not know it, we all have lost something precious in your friend's death.

*sigh* I know so many widowed women. Most from marriages of 25-55 years duration. I've seen what it looks like close up (I know too many of us have) and I pray for the widow! I have asked the Lord to strengthen her to this awful task of learning to live without her husband. :( I will keep her in mind and prayer.

Merciful Father, I thank You for our sister who is so faithful in praying for others. I thank You for the faithfulness You give her to intercede for us all, and that she brought this need here as an extension of that faithfulness. I ask that You will bless her whole household and comfort them in the loss of a friend.
Abba, for the widow, I ask for great strength and mercy. I pray for her salvation, if she doesn't know You yet. I ask that You will bring life from death for all those who are in this man's family--eternal life in Jesus.
I pray for his children, that they will remember their dad's love for them, and all the wonderful times they had together. I ask that You will give them thankful hearts for the terrific dad You gave them. I pray for his grandchildren, that You will preserve memories of their granddad in their minds and hearts. I ask that the lessons of hard work and sacrifice, and a happy attitude will be his legacy to his decendants.
Sovereign Lord, I pray that You will send the Comforter to their hearts, and that You will also send what my kids call "Jesus with skin on", meaning Your people with the comfort of Your Truth to them, and with meals and kind words and hugs and tissues and love.
Abba, please, don't let this death be in vain. Please may Your people shine like the noonday sun to show the way to You through Your Son, in Whose Name I ask these things, trusting You to hear and do as You see fit, amen.

S

shekaniah

May God Bless the lives of all who have prayed,
Thank you all for the written and spoken words.

I would like to add...
May the love he showed for others live on threw all who knew him.

May God use this man's memory (retained impression) to encourage others to be kind.

In Jesus Name, Amen

shemaiah

Jan 28, 2011
May God bring comfort to all the friends and family. May you all be covered by God's love and peace. God bless

E

EnaGoguette

We eventually loose luved ones, but don't worry, it's all in God's hands:) I'll make sure i keep'em in my prayers!:) Luv u, Gbu, Jlu, Pbwu