Politics?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

Revolutionary

I know I'm new but a casual surf of the forums doesn't seem to indicate that you have a specific section to debate/discuss politics.

Why not add one?

R

rixmohay

You just did!!]

U

Ugly

I'm going to take a stab and guess that for one thing, this site isn't a debate site, as much as it is a fellowship site. Obviously debates happen, but the tone of the site seems to try to minimize debate, so creating a forum on politics would be sure to be pure debate. And i can see it easily becoming out of control with people fighting. I mean look at the Bible forum, people can't even behave themselves talking about the bible, they sure aren't going to behave on politics. Personally all i can see is the mods doubling their workload by the one new forum.

R

Revolutionary

That makes perfect sense.

Sep 11, 2011
While the site is fellowship, I do believe a politics room in chat would be advantageous, especially with the increase in political discussion with an election year. Right now there are days and nights that the lounge is overwhelmed with political discussion, and most of it can be quite heated, which puts on a poor front to our new members who come in to see conflict raging in the area that should be based on fellowship.

S

Siberian_Khatru

There is no gamers, movies, or boys/girls only section either. That's where the Miscellaneous threads come in! Like Rixmohay said, you just made a politics topic. :) Although you probably won't get as many views/hits/responses having it here in suggestions.

Feel free to start one up in Miscellaneous. As Ugly pointed out, however, it will no doubt get heated, or dare I say... Ugly?! (pun intended).

U

Ugly

Siberian - Actually there is a womens forum. Its hidden if you aren't a woman.

Gopher - True, but also true most forum rats don't use Chats much, and vice versa. There is just a small overlap of people that use both.

Sep 11, 2011
Gopher - True, but also true most forum rats don't use Chats much, and vice versa. There is just a small overlap of people that use both.
Oh, I know that part, I'm just saying that in chat there definitely should be one.

U

Ugly

Oh, I know that part, I'm just saying that in chat there definitely should be one.
Hmm.. not sure what i was thinking when i wrote what i said, hahaha. I reread what you originally said, then looked at my response to what you said and i can't figure out why i said it haha.

RoboOp

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 4, 2008
I think practically anything and everything can be discussed by Christians from a Christian perspective. And if Christians disagree on politics, that's simply an opportunity for others to see how Christians still love each other even when they disagree. Anyway, as for a dedicated forum... well as of one or two days ago, there's now a Christian News Forum, where any news can be posted for discussion, including about politics. How's that?