Possible Butterfly Wonderland job?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
More job stuff guys! I understand if you're bored but I am so excited about this!

SO I got an interview today with a Butterfly/zoo/aquarium type deal. Basically they are looking for a type of swing shift person, but also would do admin sort of positions. Like helping appointments, helping with powerpoints and signage, ect.

It sounds so amazing, and the pay is so much better than anything I have been offered. I would LOVE to work here. But sadly so far I have had no call back about it. She said it would be called back before like 4pm, but the thing is that they are so crazy busy on the weekends. I guess I sort of really want a response, even if it's negative. I don't care.

I JUS WANNA KNOW. Though I really want the job hahaha.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
STILL NO ANSWER!

NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
I hope so :D and the thing is that they are completely swamped all weekends including Fridays, so who knows if they'll be able to get back when she said. I prayed that God would have me get the job He wanted, but man I just wanna knoooooooow. Even if it's a no it's better than just being left hanging

T

Tintin

I thought you were working at the Grand Canyon?

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
Sadly for health reasons I had to quit... It's so remote and so high altitude...things just didn't pan out.

T

Tintin

Sadly for health reasons I had to quit... It's so remote and so high altitude...things just didn't pan out.
Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. God bless you in your next adventure.

S

Siberian_Khatru

Follow up with them. It looks good to employers when you inquire. I had to probe a previous employer repeatedly before finally getting an interview, but I did eventually get the job.

Good luck!

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
Follow up with them. It looks good to employers when you inquire. I had to probe a previous employer repeatedly before finally getting an interview, but I did eventually get the job.

Good luck!
I did! :D :D :D They weren't able to put me on full time unfortunately, but they wanted to bring me in part-time but at the same pay grade!! I'll be an education coordinator, telling kids and parents about certain animals at whatever station I'm at. Which is awesome because I am the kind of nerd who watches nature documentaries for fun, so I am so excited!!!! My training will possible start Monday or Tuesday. :D :D

H

Hellooo

Wow, Artsie...that was fast! So glad to hear that you've found this.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
Wow, Artsie...that was fast! So glad to hear that you've found this.
The secret to a quick job, other than God paving the way, is to definitely look at craigslist jobs listings. That tends to be where they are like, "WE NEED SOMEONE RIGHT NOW."

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
I did! :D :D :D They weren't able to put me on full time unfortunately, but they wanted to bring me in part-time but at the same pay grade!! I'll be an education coordinator, telling kids and parents about certain animals at whatever station I'm at. Which is awesome because I am the kind of nerd who watches nature documentaries for fun, so I am so excited!!!! My training will possible start Monday or Tuesday. :D :D
That sounds like a really good opportunity. Go all out for it, you may get a chance to go full time later. Best wishes

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
I'm so excited for it honestly. I've been training a few days and I love it so far! It's been learning about butterflies, moths, different insects, and their different stages, what they eat, ect ect. It's awesome

S

Siberian_Khatru

Glad to hear it!

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
Thanks! I'm actually really excited to get back to work this weekend hahaha