Post-Birth Abortion

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

gene77

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
So a new euphemism for murder? How tragic and sad!

The slippery slope is getting steeper and steeper. It is being greased with lies and hatred for life

Between euthanasia and this, the fruit of abortion, pre-birth is being reaped!

M

MadParrotWoman

Oh my, it seems that the more boundaries we push the more acceptable murder becomes. Abortion, euthanasia etc. Where will it all end? Ending the lives of anyone that would inconvenience us?

Time for Jesus to return methinks.

R

Roamer

djness, I would pause before dismissing these kinds of views on post-birth abortion or infanticide. Also, I would suggest doing it more respectfully next time. Something I too have to work on from time to time, when I find posts that I disagree with.

In Australia about two years ago, we had academics from two of our most prestigious universities publish and disseminate the view that people had a moral right to kill newborns, particularly if they had any serious abnormalities that remained undetected during pregnancy. They advocated the same values as the article proposed - that infants up to a certain undefined age are not fully humans, having no conceptualisation of life. Of course, this kicked up a storm, but what was really disturbing about it all was the fact that reputable academics with campus influence were the ones that spread these views. And felt justified in doing so.

We only need look no further than the Netherlands to see where 'curious academia' on infanticide can lead to official sanctioning of post-birth abortions. Famous for its 'progressive' stance on euthanasia, it's been possible to euthanise certain types of babies (those with disabilities and serious illness) with no legal consequences for some time now.

While extending moral justifications for pre-birth abortions to post-birth abortions is yet to find a mainstream voice, the fringes are there and will only grow louder, particularly now that the public debate between 'pro-choicers' and 'pro-lifers' has pretty much been won by the former.

As a side note, I'd also point out that while infanticide is a relatively isolated issue in most Western developed nations, it is a massive problem for certain Asian countries, particularly India and China. It makes me extremely sad that for whatever reason, whether 'philosophical' or cultural, people are finding ways to justify killing newborns.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Well, even if this news story is all rumor as indicated in Snopes...

even Snopes didn't question the assertions about Peter Singer being required reading in many college classes.

Peter Singer is one of several philosophers who openly support infanticide.

Some Peter Singer Quotes:

“Human babies are not born self-aware, or capable of grasping that they exist over time. They are not persons”; therefore, “the life of a newborn is of less value than the life of a pig, a dog, or a chimpanzee.”

“We should certainly put very strict conditions on permissible infanticide, but these conditions might owe more to the effects of infanticide on others than to the intrinsic wrongness of killing an infant.”

“When we kill a newborn, there is no person whose life has begun. When I think of myself as the person I am now, I realize that I did not come into existence until sometime after my birth.”

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Well, even if this news story is all rumor as indicated in Snopes...

even Snopes didn't question the assertions about Peter Singer being required reading in many college classes.

Peter Singer is one of several philosophers who openly support infanticide.

Some Peter Singer Quotes:

“Human babies are not born self-aware, or capable of grasping that they exist over time. They are not persons”; therefore, “the life of a newborn is of less value than the life of a pig, a dog, or a chimpanzee.”

“We should certainly put very strict conditions on permissible infanticide, but these conditions might owe more to the effects of infanticide on others than to the intrinsic wrongness of killing an infant.”

“When we kill a newborn, there is no person whose life has begun. When I think of myself as the person I am now, I realize that I did not come into existence until sometime after my birth.”
Now how do they go from a 'fetus' inside the womb, to a 'newborn human baby' outside the womb?? Moms, what's your secret? :)

G

gene77

For the love of God people do a little research. It's reposting of articles like this that make christians look so incredibly stupid.
snopes.com: More College Students Support Post-Birth Abortion?
djness, post-birth abortion has been going around for quite a while. Especially in India. Here, it is illegal to determine the sex of the baby before the baby is born. If the doctor reveals the sex of the baby, it is a criminal offense. Why? Because, even today, quite a few people want boys instead of girls. Dowry issues are still prevalent. So, people tend to dispose of their babies after birth.

Also, even if the articles are false, they did appear on Indian news and in prestigious Indian newspapers. So, there must be some talk of it going around. Furthermore, I did post of a video of a guy who did manage to get 14 signatures of students who do support post-birth abortion. It was more of just a survey to see what students thought of it. But, still.. It does portray the mentality of people towards post-birth abortion, which is really sad.

So, I did not post the articles out of ignorance and stupidity. I posted them because a little while ago, there was a baby found in a dustbin in my locality, and dogs were eating it. That's how gruesome the world is today.

S

Susanna

True or false, rumor or not, I guess this is what we are getting when we are allowing murder on (unborn) humans. The hard part was accepting the slaughtering. But now, when we did overcome that part, it is only a question of when to do the dirty deed...It is strange that we are hauling killers to Parchman, some of them to death row, for killing other killers, while we are celebrating persons killing innocent babies...

Oct 30, 2014
So a new euphemism for murder? How tragic and sad!

The slippery slope is getting steeper and steeper. It is being greased with lies and hatred for life

Between euthanasia and this, the fruit of abortion, pre-birth is being reaped!
I don't think this is representative of anywhere near a significant number of students, at all. I'm currently studying my undergraduate degree, in a room full of students who all think the idea of post-birth 'abortion' is totally wrong. I can understand, without condoning, a woman's choice to terminate a pregnancy in its earliest stages if there is a reason that is weighty enough for a doctor to consider the procedure within the confines of current UK law;

If the child is known to have a severely debilitating condition that means its life will be spent on life support, if the mother is in immediately life-threatening circumstances during the pregnancy, if she has been raped or if she is under the age of consent. But other than this, I feel personally that abortion would be absolutely unjustified.

While I do recognize the sanctity of life, and preferably I think no abortions would take place other than if the mother's life is in immediate danger, I also recognize my status as a male, never having to become pregnant, never knowing the experience of another life growing inside me. As such, I respect a woman's right to choose, but only under the guidelines outlined above.

It is, essentially, for me, not my place to dictate what a pregnant woman should do. I would like to take this opportunity, though, to point out the very unfounded claims the articles make. These are anecdotal 'he-said, she-said' articles that cite no genuine academic research on the idea. Sounds like engineered scare-tactics.

I genuinely don't know a single person who advocates murdering a newborn child.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
I always said that abortion should be outlawed until the person in question turns thirteen. After that mom and dad can make a decision. :p

GuessWho

Nov 8, 2014
I genuinely don't know a single person who advocates murdering a newborn child.
Meet Peter Singer than.

Similar to his argument for abortion, Singer argues that newborns lack the essential characteristics of personhood—"rationality, autonomy, and self-consciousness"[SUP][27][/SUP]—and therefore "killing a newborn baby is never equivalent to killing a person, that is, a being who wants to go on living."[SUP][28]
[/SUP]
Peter Singer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Atwood

May 1, 2014
I always said that abortion should be outlawed until the person in question turns thirteen. After that mom and dad can make a decision. :p
Desdichado,
You have it backwards. Precisely at 13 Mom and would like to be able to make the decision to murder their teenager. Before that, usually they don't want to.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Meet Peter Singer than.

Similar to his argument for abortion, Singer argues that newborns lack the essential characteristics of personhood—"rationality, autonomy, and self-consciousness"[SUP][27][/SUP]—and therefore "killing a newborn baby is never equivalent to killing a person, that is, a being who wants to go on living."[SUP][28]
[/SUP]
Peter Singer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Peter Singer and Margaret Sanger...sounds like a deadly singing duo.

H

hopesprings

history repeating itself...