Powerful testimony of Pandit D.P Sharma reflecting the role of his Christian wife...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

sanglina

Jul 28, 2012
Its been quite disturbing to read every now and then how christian marriages collapse that often ended up in divorce or in some cases, how the marriages are on the verge of a divorce. I understand that it is a very sensitive issue and might be hard for those that have to go through it or have gone through it. So, am not trying to judge here.

That being said, a couple of days back, I read a powerful testimony of a hardcore hindu who married a Christian lady and by whose perseverance through the most difficult trials (that we could not possibly imagine) later on went to accept Christ as his personal Lord and Saviour and became a firm believer in Christ.

So, as an encouragement, I thought I would share it with you all. Here's the link to it (its not very long, only 24 pages)-

http://nurulhaquebooks.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/testimony-of-pandit-dharm-prakash-sharma.pdf

God bless :)

V

vikash

I truly believe that a person who is a believer should marry a believer otherwise marriage will not stand for a long as both the partners are walking in different domain. If a man is unbeliever and a woman is believer imagine what would be the problems. When financial condition is down, man will not allow woman to tithe, when kids are sick, he will not pray with the woman, their are many situation where conflict will take place. This situation brings end to relationship. The woman will not grow in God because man is becoming the obstacle in the path. This situation can happen vice versa too, when man is married to unbeliever woman.. i have come across a situation that unbeliever woman complain about their husband that they dont spend money for their shopping but give too much of money in kingdom of God. such problem can stop men from growing in god, so all should follow the word of God, to marry only believer.

U

Ugly

Wow, 24 pages online isn't long to you? I can't read a post more than a paragraph or two. Thats too long for me.

sanglina

Jul 28, 2012
I truly believe that a person who is a believer should marry a believer otherwise marriage will not stand for a long as both the partners are walking in different domain. If a man is unbeliever and a woman is believer imagine what would be the problems. When financial condition is down, man will not allow woman to tithe, when kids are sick, he will not pray with the woman, their are many situation where conflict will take place. This situation brings end to relationship. The woman will not grow in God because man is becoming the obstacle in the path. This situation can happen vice versa too, when man is married to unbeliever woman.. i have come across a situation that unbeliever woman complain about their husband that they dont spend money for their shopping but give too much of money in kingdom of God. such problem can stop men from growing in god, so all should follow the word of God, to marry only believer.
Hi Vikash,

I agree with your point. But I am in no way, by my above post endorsing marriage between believers and non-Christians. In fact, personally, I have restrained myself from dating non-christians forget about marrying one. So, there's no question of me dating or marrying non-christians in the future although I have seen some successful marriages between christians and non-christians (with the non-christians eventually accepting the Lord) and serving the Lord together.

That being said, the purpose of posting this testimony (link) is to remind and encourage married couples that they are not alone in their marital struggles/trials and that through perseverance, faith and living the gospel (the sermon on the mount in this case) over time, the hardest of hearts can be melted (as exemplified by this testimony) and consequently saved heartbreaking divorce and children raised in a broken family.

sanglina

Jul 28, 2012
Wow, 24 pages online isn't long to you? I can't read a post more than a paragraph or two. Thats too long for me.
Well, if you can't read more than a para or two, what else can I say? Its your choice and I cannot force you to read.

As for me, I often read articles/books/novels that has 10-500 pages (online) so, comparatively, reading an interesting yet powerful testimony summarized in just 24 pages, I just couldn't called it long.

Oct 22, 2011
well first of hatts of to that wife who brought that person to LORD, because one in thousands wives can do it , well i hv read a thread almost with this same question , well i think bible says to marry only a believer, but i think if some one could bring them to faith thats smething great aswell , i donno , . wel it all might be GOD'S plann, though wt ever itis we need to stand strong with faith

V

vikash

Hi Sanglina, I appreciate your work and the purpose for which you uploaded this link. I also agree that testimonies play major role in bringing other people in kingdom of God and one should always share their testimonies to show other how God brought awesome change in their life and forgave all their sin. I didnt got your purpose at first but now i m aware of it. But at same time i will also like to tell people who read this post that this does not mean they can marry any one. This testimony is appropriate for people who are already in relationship(committed someone before being saved) or in marriage with unbelievers. Those who are single should plan to date only believers.

N

Ndwhitney

Many of you are missing the point, when you are already in a tough situation, such as married to a non believer, or going through other disagreements and trials, that you shine the light of Christ and make a testimony out of it that will bring glory to God. Its relevant not only in situations of being "unequally
Yolked" with a non believer. Plus, must people do not plan to live a life like that, many of them either get saved when already married (so most likely to a non believer since they too did not believe) or the spouse walks away from God sometime later in the marriage, maybe even lied about being saved in the first place. Don't forget that Paul says in the Word that if you are married to a non believer but they are willing to stay with you then stay with them, this honors God.