Ppls God's law is a good thing

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Man, there are so many opinions on God's law these days. Some people say Jesus got rid of it when he died on the cross, some completely disregard it and say it's okay i'm covered by grace. Then others are too obsessed with the law and not near focused enough on God himself, and then even worse some people use the law as a weapon against other people.

I wanted to clarify something here, true we are covered by grace but that gives us no right to do as we please. Do you not see that following God's law can only bring happiness and joy as David mentions many times in Psalms? What is God's Law exactly? It is his decrees, his statures for living but it is also something else. They are also fruit of the spirit, the closer we get to God the more we seem to naturally obey them. Has anyone noticed that? Of course we all have a certain thing we struggle with the most and I am not just talking about the ten commandments but all the commandments throughout the bible.
Mine being temptation, I sneak sugar and food when I am not supposed to more than I can say and I am not proud of it. Sometimes I will steal one of my moms diet cokes and yes I lie, sometimes it just comes out but i am working on it. every now and then I let lust get the better of me. So I am not the most obedient follower of christ nor am I the most loyal yet God rewards me with grace and further spiritual growth for some reason.

even so, I went through a season where I was so careful to follow his law and I did everything the best I could. I was told to clean the house and do chores and heck i cleaned that place so great but I did not do it for my mom I was doing it for God. It was such a great feeling and I had such great joy in his decrees and how I long for that again.

So before you say we are no longer bound by the law( which is true) but decide you can do anything you please and then ask for forgiveness( which if you did this daily you are not really sorry) and use grace as a get out of jail free card try at least try to follow his commands and do everything the best you can for God not yourself or people for a week then see if you are not happy and blessed from the law

Last edited:
L

Laodicea

Deuteronomy 6:24 KJV
(24) And the LORD commanded us to do all these statutes, to fear the LORD our God, for our good always, that he might preserve us alive, as it is at this day.

L

Laodicea

Isaiah 58:13-14 KJV
(13) If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:
(14) Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
The law is talked about so much because most folks do not comprehend it in it's relationship to the NT. Even the Jews did not keep the law perfectly and there is no reason to expect any man to do so today.
Part of the law is ceremonial and of little relative value to us in the NT church. The moral and ethical parts are well worth consideration and obedience.
The law never was a means by which a man was made righteous unto eternal life. The law always was intended to show man his need of God's grace.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

allaboutlove

Jun 11, 2013
The law is imprtant indeed but we have to be careful because if we focus on the law to much we tend to forget to love...

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
The law is imprtant indeed but we have to be careful because if we focus on the law to much we tend to forget to love...
EXACTLY:D It is good to obey and follow the law, however we have to look at why we are following it and if we become to focused on it we lose sight of love. we should follow the law because we love adore and respect God, while doing so we also must seek him, pray and humble ourselves daily. do all of this and trust me faith becomes really fun:]

john832

May 31, 2013
Deuteronomy 6:24 KJV
(24) And the LORD commanded us to do all these statutes, to fear the LORD our God, for our good always, that he might preserve us alive, as it is at this day.
If I may add another verse Laodicea, my friend...

Deu 5:29 O that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever!

john832

May 31, 2013
Which of God's Laws are bad?

ForthAngel

Aug 31, 2012
People lose sight of the gift they were given and focus on the sin and how its against the laws of God. Jesus didn't abolish the law. Paul said the law is Holy and Righteous. With salvation comes the "change of mind" or a change in the way we think. The law will become a natural state of mind and will be reflected in our actions.

Some will get caught up during the valleys of their life and return to focus on the law. I was guilty of this recently. I realized the more I focus on obeying, the less I could remember the free gift, and the more I focused on the sin I was trying to free myself from, the more imprisoned I became.

The law is Holy and Righteous, but we tend to forget that Jesus already fought this fight for us. It's during these valleys I learn to turn my attention back on him fully and just relax. Relax and stop worrying. When I rely on him again and change my focus back on the perfect example, the burden gets lifted again and I am put back on the right track pretty much immediately.

I expect that these valleys will be common for the rest of my life, as much as it saddens me to say that. I wish I could be on the right track and never look back. I notice the valleys are much more shallow now than before though, so maybe there is hope yet. Perseverance and hope in Jesus' promise is what I cling to and it gets me through.

Focusing too much on the law causes us to condemn ourselves and we bind ourselves to our flesh again.