praise

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

physicist

hey i was wondering why is it so hard for people to praise God? I lead praise and worship in the youth service at my church and it is so hard to get the teenagers hype and ready to praise God. Some Sundays its so bad that we have to stop praise and worship because no one wants to praise him. We've tried everything. We've tried talking to them, singing different songs, and we've even tried finding music that's more up to date but nothings working. I'm not saying that i like old hymns I really like rap, hip hop, and rock. But we just cant seem to get through to the other teens. Can I get some advice?

S

SantoSubito

hey i was wondering why is it so hard for people to praise God? I lead praise and worship in the youth service at my church and it is so hard to get the teenagers hype and ready to praise God. Some Sundays its so bad that we have to stop praise and worship because no one wants to praise him. We've tried everything. We've tried talking to them, singing different songs, and we've even tried finding music that's more up to date but nothings working. I'm not saying that i like old hymns I really like rap, hip hop, and rock. But we just cant seem to get through to the other teens. Can I get some advice?
I'll probably get crucified for saying this here, but. Old hymns accompanied by either an organ or a piano generally get people singing more in my experience, especially if you choose some of the simpler yet extremely beautiful ones. Also, some people just aren't comfortable singing. I am a perfect example of this, I cant sing a note and so i generally just follow along kind of half singing half speaking the lyrics in the hymnal. On the bright side at least i can pick a mean banjo. :)

J

johaannaa-a

I have the same situation with my friends. they're there, at the youth service, but they just stand there, not singing or anything, just looking bored...
If I were you, I would try to talk with them, try to figure out what's holding them back, and that sort of things.
Out of my experiences (not many, but a few ^^ ) it's better not to force anything on anyone.
When they're ready, they'll praise Him. It's probably just a matter of time.

(Don't hate me if I'm wrong! :S (

T

TDWP22

hmmmmm...NO HYMMS lol we pay attention to the music, sometimes more than the lyrics....maybe it's just that they dont have that relationship with God

This is one of my favorite worshiping songs, lyrics are extremely poetic
YouTube - For Today- Talmidim (The Servants)

B

BellaFlor

First I want to say that when you lead praise and worship, it is more about your own devotion towards God. No matter if you would be the only one singing to God, if you are fully devoted to Him, what matters most is that you sing with a whole heart to Him. At this moment what counts most is giving your all to God, and not thinking too much of everyone else around you. If they sing or not, that is something between them and God. You and the others in the worship team should just continue having your time of worship and praise to God.

In a book that Matt Redman and his wife has written, he said that he became a Worship leader at age 15. And no matter how many was around him or in church, he was most focused on worshipping God. Even if there would be like only 10 people or less around him, that didn't matter at all. He still wanted to lift up and praise God with his heart.

As a Worship Leader your focuse is to being only on Him, Our Almighty God! A church service becomes a lot more blessed and lifted up when you truly have a full focuse on God, in heart and mind. This is also when the Holy Spirit often comes through as an form of "breakthrough" in most churches. :)