Pray for me i cant forgive

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

Emz1066

Please pray for me im trying to forgive my dad mum family friends everyone really i thought i had forgiven them but i still feel resentment in my heart , i am willing to forgive dont praise for that because its not helping im praying to , i really want to forgive them i think a part if it is that they dont want to be forgiven anyway , i am the only christian in my family so its hard i just need to forgive i know the importance of it , please pray that the Lord will hear and help me to forgive people and just feel love and compassion for them and hold nothing agaisnt them i would be so grateful God bless you all xxx

I

intercessorginger

Dear EMZ,
Just let the Lord know, you are willing to obey him by forgiving your parents. He knows it is not easy for you to do. The Lord is so wonderful and so kind..this is all he needs to start working in you.
It might not happen instantly..but it will happen.
One day, you just won't have those feelings anymore, and the pain will be like somthing that happened long ago thay you can't really bring back with force. That is the day you will be free!

Shilo

Aug 31, 2011
Father God, as Emz lifts her family up to you in prayer I pray you do a work in her in her mind and heart. In Yeshua's Holy name I pray amen.

A

AgeofKnowledge

In my life, I've found that exercising my will to forgive starts the process. When the resentment returns, I continue to face it with this truth: I have already forgiven with my will. Eventually the feelings of resentment lessen over time and eventually are replaced with feelings of forgiveness.

Of course, that doesn't mean I stick my hand back in the fire so it can be burned again. I'm not stupid... lol. We can and should learn from our experiences but with an attitude to will to forgive not without that.

Please pray for me im trying to forgive my dad mum family friends everyone really i thought i had forgiven them but i still feel resentment in my heart , i am willing to forgive dont praise for that because its not helping im praying to , i really want to forgive them i think a part if it is that they dont want to be forgiven anyway , i am the only christian in my family so its hard i just need to forgive i know the importance of it , please pray that the Lord will hear and help me to forgive people and just feel love and compassion for them and hold nothing agaisnt them i would be so grateful God bless you all xxx

J

jkalyna

WHAT I DO AND MAYBE THIS WILL HELP YOU. IT IS A VERY SERIOUS THING TO TAKE COMMUNION WITHOUT FORGIVING. I DO THIS AS OFTEN AS THE HOLY SPIRIT PROMPTS ME, AND I KNOW THAT THE WORD SAID," WHEN YOU STAND PRAYING FORGIVE, AND YOUR FATHER IN HEAVEN WILL FORGIVE YOU. IT IS ALSO NOT A LIGHT THING TO PARTAKE IN HOLY COMMUNION WITH A BITTER NESS. WE CAN'T DITCH HOLY COMMUNION AS THE WORD SAYS YOU HAVE NO LIFE IF YOU DON'T PARTAKE OF IT. BY FAITH IT ALSO WILL BRING HEALING. SOME TERRIBLE THINGS HADE BEEN SAID TO ME, AND THE LORD IS FAITHFULL, THE HOLY SPIRIT SPOKE THESE WORDS TO MY HEART. " REMEMBER MY WORDS" THE HURTFULL WORDS ARE LIKE SALT INTO THE WOUND OVER A HUNDRED TIMES, CRYING, SCREAMING OUT IN EMOTIONAL PAIN BUT WE MUST NOT THINK ABOUT THOSE WORDS, AND THINK ABOUT WHAT JESUS SAID. I FORGAVE EVERYONE WHO HURT ME AND WE HAVE A GREAT RELATIONSHIP NOW. BITTERNESS IS LIKE A SNAKE BITE, WHEN IT'S REMOVED FROM US, THE ROAD IS SWEET. FATHER THROUGH THE NAME OF JESUS GIVE THIS ONE WISDOM TO SEE IN THE DARKNESS AND KEEP HIS EYES AND EARS TO YOU, LET THE HOLY SPIRIT TALK TO THEM IN JESUS NAME. AMEN REJOICE, IT IS GODS PLAN TO BE A FAMILY. GOD BLESS YOU.

Oct 31, 2011
You have taken the first important step to want to forgive, and search for a way to do it. I will be praying with you about it, the Lord will show you the way.

I finally managed to forgive when it dawned on me that it was the Lord’s work to take care of wrongs that people do, and I was being quite presumptuous to take on the Lord’s work of judgment. I also listened to God when He told me that if I wouldn’t forgive others, God couldn’t forgive me. That would cancel out all Christ did for me when He died for my sins.

Mat_6:15But if you don't forgive people, your Father will not forgive your wrongdoing.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Emz, I was once told that to forgive, is to free ones self from the wrong done in Jesus.
It also takes the actions of the ones we forgive from evil, and sets them into God's justice.
The good thing about God's justice, is that it is filled with mercy, understanding adn love.
You and your family are in my prayers in Jesus, for all asked and needed.

Hugs and God bless
pickles

S

shekaniah

I love the other posts...
Full of wisdom :)
I will pray that God moves You mind, heart and spirit :)
Love in Jesus, Shekaniah

P

psychomom

My dear one, may I suggest that what the Lord cares about is this submission to His will that is already in your heart? :)
God wants for us to forgive because we have been forgiven much (everything !), but also so no bitterness grows in our hearts that can hurt us (and others). It is His compassion toward us, and His great mercy that prompts this. ♥ God is love, and everything He does concerning you is from that love.

He placed that will there. He gives you the desire and ability to obey Him.
It is the will that matters, and He will heal the hurts an bring the feelings, do not worry! :)

I am praying for you today, beloved of your Father. ♥
-ellie

E

Emz1066

thank you for all the prayers xxx

Oct 27, 2012
Dear Child of God, Forgiveness is one of the most blessed and principal offerings we can give to another as well as to ourselves. God has blessed us with this virtue, the capacity to forgive others and not harbor ill-will towards them any longer. People will often say things in the heat of the moment or do things that are unbecoming a Christian but that is because they are not perfect. In their imperfection they are inwardly seeking to be forgiven to set them free of the hurt they have caused others and when we openly declare that they are forgiven it truly does gladden their heart! To not forgive is to bring destruction unto the self. For if you do not forgive how can you expect your Heavenly Father to forgive you?

Forgiveness of your Mother and Father, especially, is of utmost importance as it is God's Fifth Commandment to "Honor Thy Father and Thy Mother." All others should be forgiven as well whether they ask for it or not. When we find excuses to not forgive another God takes that into account and cannot therefore forgive us either. You must go introspectively, that is within, and ask yourself why you still hold on to those feelings of non-forgiveness and why you still feel that resentment in your heart.

No matter how hard it may have been to take whatever they may have done to you, you must remember how hard it was for Jesus when He was made to carry His own cross to Calvary and when they whipped and beat Him and then even crucified Him and how He suffered in great pain yet He always found forgiveness in His heart so as to say "Father, forgive them for they know not what they do." We must therefore always follow His example.

And know that when the thought comes to you that they do not want to be forgiven that cannot be a thought coming from Our LORD and Savior Jesus Christ. That is coming from His and our adversary, the devil. It is he would wants for us to retain unforgiveness in our heart as he knows that forgiving another places us well with God and that is what he does not want to happen. All the more reason why you must forgive whether they ask for it or not, dear friend.

"For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses." -- MATTHEW 6:14-15 (KJV)

May God bless you as you open your heart fully to forgive others. I will pray that with His Divine help you will be successful and will return to this forum to inform us that you were now able to fully forgive those whom you were previously not able to.

E

Emz1066

thank you so much , im trying i will return when i improve xx

Oct 27, 2012
thank you so much , im trying i will return when i improve xx
Thank you, dear Child of Christ. For it is in your making the effort to try and improve that half the battle is won. The other half as you know is to actually go through with the forgiveness process which I have no doubt will soon follow! May God bless you in that effort that you can return with a clear and contrite heart to advise us that your mission has been accomplished with the help of Our LORD.

I

Interesting

MATTHEW 6: 15 >>> IF YOU FORGIVE NOT MEN THEIR TRESPASES, NEITHER WILL YOUR FATHER GOD FORGIVE YOUR TRESPASSES