pray for my mom

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

butterfly712

I live with my mom and her bf,I have a learning disability,and can't live alone because I don't have any credit,I wouldn't be able to live on my own,my mom is a completly different person,every time she drinks,I'm scared to tell her anything about her not drinking,because I'm scared that she will get mad at me and start to yell at me,last night,she was telling her boyfriend to get a picture of her and my dog,she told him to just get her face,he ended up getting all of her,then she got pissed,started yelling at him,saying,I didn't want you to get my whole f ing body,delete that picture right now,then they started aruging about that.I just don't know what to do,she's just such a completly different person when she's drinking.

J

JDecree

I know how it is. Drinking makes a person someone else for sure and when it is a parent you feel alone. You can try to let them know how you feel and what you see in them when drunk but it seems to never get through.

I wish I had some practical advice for how to deal with it but for as long as I was in that situation I never learned how to fix it. The best I could do was stay away when they were drinking. I luckily had half the house to myself and I would literally "hide out" on my side of the house and avoid contact and just wait it out. I would only talk to them when they were sober and if I was forced to interact with them when drunk I tried to rely on the LORD for patience so that I wouldn't become angry.

The only hope is prayer and the gospel, both modelled and spoken. Don't let your pain become unforgiveness

V

VioletReigns

I am so sorry you are experiencing this horrid situation, Sister Butterfly. Please Google Al-Anon which is a support group for people being hurt by a family member who is an alcoholic. Tell them exactly what you said here, that your living security feels threatened. Please call them right away and ask them what your options are. Don't be afraid as they are very familiar with circumstances just like yours.

In the meantime, I will pray with you.

Father God, we thank You for helping us and meeting all of our needs. Protect our sister Butterfly and please send people her way who can help her live in peace and safety. We also pray for deliverance and salvation for her mother and that this whole situation would be made new in Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior!

1-888-4AL-ANON (1-888-425-2666)

Last edited:
O

OzDavo34

Praying for you & your mum,sister

God bless

Joidevivre

Jul 15, 2014
Butterfly, may the Lord bless you with His tender gentleness and the calm of His peace.

There is much you can't do anything about and may the Lord also lift you high above the chaos that sometimes you have to live in.

Violet Reigns gave you some good words.

B

butterfly712

thank you for all the prayers and VioletReigns thank you for the number and website sister.

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord Jesus, bring some changes in the life, of butterfly712's mother , for your glory in her life, Amen

M

MollyConnor

Lord Jesus we ask you tonight that you help butterfly712 and her mother. Bring butterfly peace and comfort. You know she cannot live alone and that she needs her mother. I pray that you bring wisdom to her mother and help her stop drinking. Let her see what a mess alcohol can make of things. I pray that she realizes the harm she is doing to herself, her daughter and to her relationship with you, Lord. I pray for your presence in their home. Bring them all three joy. In Jesus name, amen.

Butterfly, I am so sorry. I hope you can get through this. Pray to the Lord and lean on him for support. Talk to us on CC if you need to. We are always here to listen and give advice if you want it. We love you! Also, read the Word, this always helps me. God bless!

Jan 20, 2015
I live with my mom and her bf,I have a learning disability,and can't live alone because I don't have any credit,I wouldn't be able to live on my own,my mom is a completly different person,every time she drinks,I'm scared to tell her anything about her not drinking,because I'm scared that she will get mad at me and start to yell at me,last night,she was telling her boyfriend to get a picture of her and my dog,she told him to just get her face,he ended up getting all of her,then she got pissed,started yelling at him,saying,I didn't want you to get my whole f ing body,delete that picture right now,then they started aruging about that.I just don't know what to do,she's just such a completly different person when she's drinking.
Sounds like you need a information bomb

To make an information bomb you're going to need

1. A computer
2. The inernet
3. Google
4. An open mind

First connect your computer to the internet and search for the word alcoholic at google, next learn all you can about alcoholics and alcohol related disorders (Go at your own pace) After you have enough relative information and you're sure you understand enough you a ready to deploy your infomation bombs.

First wait till your mother is sober and not effected by alcohol, then at the right time deploy a small info bomb (Aim for maxim damage) Keep preparing your info bombs and deploying them just at the right time (Thats when your mother is most receptive) If for any reason you receive any collateral damage make sure you are ok first before throwing more bombs.

If everything goes well your mother should start learning about alcoholism and it's dangers and if she takes on the information bombs she will begin to change.

Good luck soldier.

Last edited:

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
Sis, is she a believer?
Praying that God reaches her where you cant and strives with her soul about it to make her give it up. amen

B

butterfly712

Lord Jesus we ask you tonight that you help butterfly712 and her mother. Bring butterfly peace and comfort. You know she cannot live alone and that she needs her mother. I pray that you bring wisdom to her mother and help her stop drinking. Let her see what a mess alcohol can make of things. I pray that she realizes the harm she is doing to herself, her daughter and to her relationship with you, Lord. I pray for your presence in their home. Bring them all three joy. In Jesus name, amen.

Butterfly, I am so sorry. I hope you can get through this. Pray to the Lord and lean on him for support. Talk to us on CC if you need to. We are always here to listen and give advice if you want it. We love you! Also, read the Word, this always helps me. God bless!
Thanks Molly I love you all too.

D

DyingToSelf

Loving Father,

I pray for this sister that she may receive Your divine deliverance on her home situation. I pray that You lay Your protecting hand over this family and supernaturally solve all these problems that are plaging this family. I plead Your Restoring Blood on this family and declare that MY GOD IS A GOOD GOD, who comes not to pull apart but to make whole.

Thank you, LORD, for Your deliverance for this sister, Thank you for loving us and teaching us how to love one another as You first loved us.

In Jesus most precious Name,
Amen