Pray O' Darkened world and look to the sky

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Talking to a friend about a subject brought to my mind of some things that I need to talk about. In this life and world I have seen and lived through the cruelty of this world, I have seen and felt the pain. I have seen many pretend to be of love and kindness, many claim to be working for heart of God but are actually quite dark inside. I see people almost everyday Pretend to be something they are not, they pretend to be nice and cheerful but when at home they are anything but.

And yes I see the evil and darkness and cruelty all over the world, even amongst other christians. this world we live in has now become mostly consumed by greed, anger, lust pretty much an evil place. Those of you who have seen and felt the pain and torture and cruelty of this world know exactly what I am talking about, how the tears never stopped flowing and our eyes got swollen and dry. how the pain inside was so much worse than the pain outside, how we cried out in anguish and misery from our very soul.

any way you put it it hasn't gotten much better, But! even with all of this we have a hope. what we must do in such a world is look to the sky and pray. David certainly knew of all this pain as many times he was betrayed and chased after as people tried to kill him, yet he knew that in the darkest of caverns of life, as we become one with the mud( not my own words) God will save us if we cry out.

A light can shine from a person whose heart is full of love, I myself have seen it. There is just so much bad news all the time and so many people suffering these days whose tears are also flowing constantly and the groaning of our miserable soul is the sound theirs makes as well. This is the way of the world it seems. the bible has so many stories of these very things and really they all felt the same way we do even Jesus himself. But when we look to the sky and we just know God loves us so much we feel revived and alive inside.

What is the point of this thread? it is to say that for anyone who knows these feelings the hope they have been given by god is something that deserves to be spread don't you think? is there someone you know who is sad and alone? or someone who struggles with life? some even just need an ear to speak to. often times the smallest act of love can save a life.

L

leonardronaldo

often times the smallest act of love can save a life.
and the greatest act of love saves multitudes, therefore Christians understand what love really is
1 John 3
16 Hereby we perceive the love of God: because He laid down His life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

L

leonardronaldo

and the greatest act of love saves multitudes, therefore Christians understand what love really is
1 John 3
16 Hereby we perceive the love of God: because He laid down His life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
hey i just realized this, the verse is numbered at the 1 John 3:16.
is it a coincidence that it is really connected with John 3:16?
hmm maybe.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
hey i just realized this, the verse is numbered at the 1 John 3:16.
is it a coincidence that it is really connected with John 3:16?
hmm maybe.
LOL I don't believe in coincidences

L

leonardronaldo

LOL I don't believe in coincidences
well the original scriptures don't have the numbering of chapter and verses.
but, yea. God may have plans on that. which ever it is, it is superbly blessing.