Prayer against demonic attacks

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
F

FireHeart

Hi everyone I need help. I have a friend who is constantly being attacked by demons and I am trying to help get her through it but there is only so much I can do. However I know the power of prayer and I know that when more than one Christians pray together it has the power to shake the heavens. So please pray for my friend to be freed from all attacks for Good

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
Praying with you for your friend that the Lord will put an end to these attacks and that your friend will be saved if she does not know the Lord.

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
Praying in agreement, in the name of Jesus, one can send a thousand, two ten thousand

B

biscuit

[h=1]Psalm 27 King James Version (KJV)[/h]27 The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
[SUP]2 [/SUP]When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell.
[SUP]3 [/SUP]Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.

B

biscuit

[h=1]Psalm 23 King James Version (KJV)[/h]23 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
[SUP]2 [/SUP]He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
[SUP]3 [/SUP]He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
[SUP]4 [/SUP]Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
[SUP]5 [/SUP]Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
[SUP]6 [/SUP]Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
these kinds goes not but with prayer, and fasting says the Bible, we command every demonic attack in Jesus mighty name, to leave him now, Let Lord Jesus shine in his life, Amen

B

Brighthouse

I sure do understand this myself,for after receiving Jesus,I to had problems with Spirits,a door opens in your house,you were not near the door to open or close it. Your cup of coffee spills on the floor off your table, but you were in the kitchen. A painting is on the wall, and falls to the ground along with the nail you had to hang it in the first place.

A terrible odor comes from your kitchen but you were not cooking anything! These are just some of the things i encountered after receiving Jesus being from very deep occult bondage. So what took the spirits out of my home??( Luke 10:19!!) Many times believing in Jesus is much easier then believing we have any authority through our Jesus!

But when you finally get it, and speak it all the time,spirits take a very dim view of the power of Jesus words spoken! " out loud!!" All the time!! LOL If you will notice what holy spirit first showed me.Matt 3:17 Beloved!! that is us!! And one who is beloved of God and by God has no fear!( 1 john 4:17,11,17-19!!)

With this in mind now turn to matt 4:3 the devil himself tempting our Jesus,and what were his words??Why he left out the word beloved!! Jesus answered it is written!!Important to follow his example! But notice Jesus being God himself,the devil did not first depart! He tempted Jesus yet again,verse 5-6 verse 7 it is written!!

The devil likes high places,i guess the reason he does is because he was cast from a high place.( Isaiah 14:12-19) yet once again the enemy tempted our Jesus verse 8 now the finisher!!! Jesus said GO Satan!!! For it is written!! verse 10! step one speak it is written to the spirit,to show you have no fear,then when you have had enough of its stupidity,shout GO In Jesus name! For it is written( luke 10:19!!)

We can do this because Jesus put his very word above his own name.( psalm 138:2) For if Jesus were stronger then his own words,he would never of had to use them in the first place!! The fact is he did!! And so are we to! But you have to get into, and stay into the word!!

After this teaching by Holy Spirit,I had no more problem at all!! Nor will you!The bible is not just there for you to read from,but rather to become part of your very life! To become established in,to have full confidence in! You will know when you do to!! No more fear,and perfect peace which comes by how we renew our own mind!( rom 12:1-2) and phil 4:4-9!!) ( Col 3:2)

One of the toughest fruit to bear from Holy Spirit is self control,for self control comes by thinking about God's Word rather then our feeling and emotions! Self control has discipline on both tongue, and deed,it thinks twice before speaking once,it considers Jesus above feeling of self,self control believes!( Gal 5:22-23) Paul talked about this himself in acts 24:25) being led by Holy spirit ( gal 5:8,and Rom 8:14-15)

So consider this,for the word has always worked for me! And will always work for me,because Jesus is the Word himself!!( john 1:1) And all we have to do is to depend upon him! That is what Jesus wants us to do!!( matt 11:27-30!!!) Please do tell her this,and she will have no more problem whatsoever! Because she will know now, that we are never moving to victory in our Jesus!!! WE MOVE FROM VICTORY IN OUR JESUS!!!( Rom 8:37!!!)

F

FireHeart

Ty everyone for your help i have an update my friend. The attacks are getting worse she barely makes it through the day. There is a demon she says that speaks to her calling itself satan telling her to give up her salvation or the attacks will not stop. now i have a massive grudge against satan as it is and I cant just sit by and let this happen. if ever were a time for the power of prayer to shine it would be now,according to the fathers will of course

B

Brighthouse

Understand brother fire!! This will happen, because he knows he has little time left! The disciples had the same problem!! They looked with there eyes at what was going on rather then believing in what Jesus had told them!( matt 17:15-21) Prayer and fasting is not what drives out a demon,prayer and fasting gets us ready,to never be moved by what we see,but rather what Jesus told us to believe!! In HIM!!( Matt 17:20!)

As you see here the disciples were moved by what they saw,they saw him going into the water and fire, and because of what they saw,they thought the gift Jesus gave them,did not work! Prayer and fasting sets our minds on the eternal,not the temporary!!( 2 cor 4:18!!) I will sure stay in prayer for her brother!!blessing to you as well!

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
Ty everyone for your help i have an update my friend. The attacks are getting worse she barely makes it through the day. There is a demon she says that speaks to her calling itself satan telling her to give up her salvation or the attacks will not stop. now i have a massive grudge against satan as it is and I cant just sit by and let this happen. if ever were a time for the power of prayer to shine it would be now,according to the fathers will of course
Father thank you for a firewall hedge of protection and the angels of heaven to watch over her. She is more than a conqueror through Christ Jesus our Lord. I agree with brighthouse, tell her to shout out loud, get away from me, get out of my house, in Jesus name ,or this has worked for me, "Jesus send them to the pit." No more defeat, but victory in Jesus name
it is written and get thee behind me, stomp her feet and yell if she has too. take authority in Jesus, stand on his word.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
these kinds goes not but with prayer, and fasting says the Bible, we command every demonic attack in Jesus mighty name, to leave him now, Let Lord Jesus shine in his life, Amen
Amen my Lord

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
I sure do understand this myself,for after receiving Jesus,I to had problems with Spirits,a door opens in your house,you were not near the door to open or close it. Your cup of coffee spills on the floor off your table, but you were in the kitchen. A painting is on the wall, and falls to the ground along with the nail you had to hang it in the first place.

A terrible odor comes from your kitchen but you were not cooking anything! These are just some of the things i encountered after receiving Jesus being from very deep occult bondage. So what took the spirits out of my home??( Luke 10:19!!) Many times believing in Jesus is much easier then believing we have any authority through our Jesus!

But when you finally get it, and speak it all the time,spirits take a very dim view of the power of Jesus words spoken! " out loud!!" All the time!! LOL If you will notice what holy spirit first showed me.Matt 3:17 Beloved!! that is us!! And one who is beloved of God and by God has no fear!( 1 john 4:17,11,17-19!!)

With this in mind now turn to matt 4:3 the devil himself tempting our Jesus,and what were his words??Why he left out the word beloved!! Jesus answered it is written!!Important to follow his example! But notice Jesus being God himself,the devil did not first depart! He tempted Jesus yet again,verse 5-6 verse 7 it is written!!

The devil likes high places,i guess the reason he does is because he was cast from a high place.( Isaiah 14:12-19) yet once again the enemy tempted our Jesus verse 8 now the finisher!!! Jesus said GO Satan!!! For it is written!! verse 10! step one speak it is written to the spirit,to show you have no fear,then when you have had enough of its stupidity,shout GO In Jesus name! For it is written( luke 10:19!!)

This is very important. Your prayer and the Word of God have got to be on your lips. They will be persistent and so must you. And as Levi said, fasting is often required. So is confession - when you submit yourself to a spiritual authority in sin, you're submitted to a spiritual authority by that sin. Bring that sin before the Lord and confess it, on your lips. That's the first step in breaking these things. The spoken word is very powerful - be it on your lips.

We can do this because Jesus put his very word above his own name.( psalm 138:2) For if Jesus were stronger then his own words,he would never of had to use them in the first place!! The fact is he did!! And so are we to! But you have to get into, and stay into the word!!

After this teaching by Holy Spirit,I had no more problem at all!! Nor will you!The bible is not just there for you to read from,but rather to become part of your very life! To become established in,to have full confidence in! You will know when you do to!! No more fear,and perfect peace which comes by how we renew our own mind!( rom 12:1-2) and phil 4:4-9!!) ( Col 3:2)

One of the toughest fruit to bear from Holy Spirit is self control,for self control comes by thinking about God's Word rather then our feeling and emotions! Self control has discipline on both tongue, and deed,it thinks twice before speaking once,it considers Jesus above feeling of self,self control believes!( Gal 5:22-23) Paul talked about this himself in acts 24:25) being led by Holy spirit ( gal 5:8,and Rom 8:14-15)

So consider this,for the word has always worked for me! And will always work for me,because Jesus is the Word himself!!( john 1:1) And all we have to do is to depend upon him! That is what Jesus wants us to do!!( matt 11:27-30!!!) Please do tell her this,and she will have no more problem whatsoever! Because she will know now, that we are never moving to victory in our Jesus!!! WE MOVE FROM VICTORY IN OUR JESUS!!!( Rom 8:37!!!)
I love the gift of discernment...

You have to understand the times we live in. Jesus has taken authority in the spiritual, but He has yet to return to enforce on the here and now. That's our job, we are to enforce His authority here on earth. Think of it like He's a Sheriff, the actual Sheriff doesn't go out on patrol, he has deputies who go out to enforce his authority. That's us; So you have the unique position of being able to address these things with the full authority of Christ, and if they complain about it you can tell them to take it up with your Supervisor. Oh and they will complain, they'll try to make you think you don't have the power to boss them around. But that's just the thing, you don't. Thank God you've been empowered by His Authority instead.

Oh, and, God Bless Brighthouse, but tossing some out doesn't mean they won't come back, or others come along. My experience is just the opposite, the more I present a threat to them the harder they work to keep me stymied and stonewalled. You can pray for me on that, if you would. By grace of the Holy Spirit I have been part and parcel to some miraculous things, and they swarm me like mosquitoes to interfere with that. Not to discourage you, but if your results vary from that of brighthouse it doesn't mean you're doing it wrong. Use it to gage what you're capable of when you are free to partner with God.

Then with your lips, set youself free.

B

Brighthouse

Brother Ricky First thanks for your kind words, as well as your correction. I good brother can and will only speak for myself,as you well know the spirit world is much more complicated to both the mind and body,then those things we can see and feel. And how we choose to identify to the eternal also comes into play as well.( 2 cor 4:16-18),

In the testimony I gave on my blog,I go into a little of what happened to myself. Much of it i did not speak to because of the fear factor to some who would read it.There is no fear in love to me brother. I personally take Jesus at his Word simply because i depend upon our Jesus every single day for my life. To me, no choice. lol

But what if,try,and can't are no longer in my mindset.And it took many years to release those words from my mind as well. I do not, nor will not judge others lives,I have no right to. What I am led to do by Holy Spirit is to always look to show everyone the same escape Jesus helped me to find in him.( 1 cor 10:13)

We endure much in our life time good brother! One day i decided to visit an old friend,he lives many miles from me,but he also wished me to visit,so after 4 days of driving,having a couple of flat tires along the way,going through all kinds of bad weather, i made it to his house. I was willing to endure hardship brother( heb 10:36)My point.

Following Jesus is much the same until we finally reach our home in heaven. There will be hardship along the narrow path,and Jesus who knows all things,keeps encouraging us to continue our following until we reach the end. He does not laugh,or mock us in our hardship,he looks to mature us through them,even as he himself endured so very much just we we could learn how to follow him!

There are some who quit,there are some who decide on taking a break for a while, because of whatever reason,but the fact remains that if we choose to do this,we have come to far now to ever go back to start! Getting angry is not a sin,going back is!( luke 9:62)

We cannot deceive or even look to deceive our Jesus or ourself. I know!! for many years I did look to do this as my excuse! Excuses are like back sides we all have them,but in the end we lose if we choose to think upon this, and then do this.For all sin comes first into our minds,the flesh can talk as much as any spirit to me bro!! LOL

And many do not understand the difference. I do not wish to go on to long here! LOL But please look at gal 5:19-20 From the things of the flesh,if we dive to deep into them,then we give an opportunity for the enemy to enter into our lives.( eph 4:27) We know we have done this, when we stop to either look back,or go back. For the sin in the mind of looking back,causes are flesh to look to go back.

We must turn around before we ever walk back. hehe Words matter! Words of life and death to us and others spoken shape our mindset,as well as others.( proverbs 18:21) For the words we speak come from what we truly believe,and what we truly believe we also live out,telling on our true self. hehe

I will indeed pray for you as well Ricky,as I am thankful you also pray for me as well.Who does not need prayer!! It is as you have said,I have no Authority in self! But I do have Authority in Jesus,because he gave me his Word to both follow in, and live in!( luke 10:19-20!

The purpose for his word in the first place is to make our joy as full as his!( john 15:11-17!!!) We see the narrow path,and we know the way is Jesus,who leads us,now we decide how much we believe by how far we are willing to follow him! Blessing to all!

GodssSon

Apr 29, 2012
Praying in agreement for your friend! Make sure she's not giving any place to the devil. The devil loves to get in our lives in subtle ways, which includes TV, music, people, etc. He can't get in or stay if we don't allow it and are keeping our focus on God. God gave us the power. I pray that she stays "wise about what is good, and innocent about what is evil" (Romans 16:19), and that she fills her mind with the Word. Let her attention be on everything that is good. Tell her to spend a lot of time with the Lord and read His truth and follow what's in it. It WILL set her free when she follows it wholeheartedly.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
Brother Ricky First thanks for your kind words, as well as your correction. I good brother can and will only speak for myself,as you well know the spirit world is much more complicated to both the mind and body,then those things we can see and feel. And how we choose to identify to the eternal also comes into play as well.( 2 cor 4:16-18),

In the testimony I gave on my blog,I go into a little of what happened to myself. Much of it i did not speak to because of the fear factor to some who would read it.There is no fear in love to me brother. I personally take Jesus at his Word simply because i depend upon our Jesus every single day for my life. To me, no choice. lol

But what if,try,and can't are no longer in my mindset.And it took many years to release those words from my mind as well. I do not, nor will not judge others lives,I have no right to. What I am led to do by Holy Spirit is to always look to show everyone the same escape Jesus helped me to find in him.( 1 cor 10:13)

We endure much in our life time good brother! One day i decided to visit an old friend,he lives many miles from me,but he also wished me to visit,so after 4 days of driving,having a couple of flat tires along the way,going through all kinds of bad weather, i made it to his house. I was willing to endure hardship brother( heb 10:36)My point.

Following Jesus is much the same until we finally reach our home in heaven. There will be hardship along the narrow path,and Jesus who knows all things,keeps encouraging us to continue our following until we reach the end. He does not laugh,or mock us in our hardship,he looks to mature us through them,even as he himself endured so very much just we we could learn how to follow him!

There are some who quit,there are some who decide on taking a break for a while, because of whatever reason,but the fact remains that if we choose to do this,we have come to far now to ever go back to start! Getting angry is not a sin,going back is!( luke 9:62)

We cannot deceive or even look to deceive our Jesus or ourself. I know!! for many years I did look to do this as my excuse! Excuses are like back sides we all have them,but in the end we lose if we choose to think upon this, and then do this.For all sin comes first into our minds,the flesh can talk as much as any spirit to me bro!! LOL

And many do not understand the difference. I do not wish to go on to long here! LOL But please look at gal 5:19-20 From the things of the flesh,if we dive to deep into them,then we give an opportunity for the enemy to enter into our lives.( eph 4:27) We know we have done this, when we stop to either look back,or go back. For the sin in the mind of looking back,causes are flesh to look to go back.

We must turn around before we ever walk back. hehe Words matter! Words of life and death to us and others spoken shape our mindset,as well as others.( proverbs 18:21) For the words we speak come from what we truly believe,and what we truly believe we also live out,telling on our true self. hehe

I will indeed pray for you as well Ricky,as I am thankful you also pray for me as well.Who does not need prayer!! It is as you have said,I have no Authority in self! But I do have Authority in Jesus,because he gave me his Word to both follow in, and live in!( luke 10:19-20!

The purpose for his word in the first place is to make our joy as full as his!( john 15:11-17!!!) We see the narrow path,and we know the way is Jesus,who leads us,now we decide how much we believe by how far we are willing to follow him! Blessing to all!

My apologies for being assuming and not clear... my words were all in additon to yours, not in any way a correction, and really intended for the OP. I was trying to build upon that very wise and discerning piece, and show that even if we do have different experiences it is all part of the same Truth. 3 different blind men had 3 different experiences with Jesus and they all ended up in the same place - healed. And like you said in your pm, the trick is perseverance and enduring. In the patience of the saints they are overcome... they do, eventually, lose once for all. That's the seed of mustard seed faith. That all you have to do is hang in there, and it will, if not sooner then later but ultimately, come to pass.

G

Gdavid

I pray that the blood of our Lord and savior rebukes all attacks by the enemy.
In Jesus holy name
Amen

freed4ever

Dec 19, 2012
Remembering what Christ had said when one of the apostles came to him and said that he could not cast a certain demon out, his reply was that this particular spirit could only be removed by fasting and prayer all though Christ removed him out by his words alone. Living by example.

B

biscuit

It won't hurt if she can get the house cleansed of demonic spirits by a religious professional.