Prayer for a job

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

shawny_boy

Hey everyone. Im really stressing lately, everything is kinda happening at once. Ive been stuck in a dead end job, paying just enough to barely cover the bills. Im 24 years old, and cant afford to leave my parents place. Theres a chance that I can get on with a construction company that will start me off at $18/hour, and will more than be enough for me to move out. The reason that im stressing is that I fear the available positions are almost filled, and likely will be given to people with prior experience (which I have none). Ontop of that, my parents just put the house on the market, and are moving 6 hours away. If this job falls through, Ill be forced to move with them, leaving everything Ive known for the past 24 years, behind. Im horrible at making friends (the kind you actually hang out with on a regular basis, not just work friends). If I have to leave, Ill be leaving behind my 1 real friend, that Ive known for 15 years. Im worried Ill become a shut in, Ill have no reason to go out on weekends, noone to hang out with. I really need this job. Ive been horribly depressed these last few years, nothing seems to be going right, and I just cant catch a break. I would appreciate some people to pray with me on this matter, for God to pull some strings for me to get this job.

Thanks.

G

goth4god

I'll definitely be praying for you!
God will provide!
I'm kind of in the same situation. I don't have a job and I need to move out soon for my own sanity.

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
Father thank you for favor for Shawny_boy and this job for your glory,
In Jesus name amen

S

shawny_boy

I'll definitely be praying for you!
God will provide!
I'm kind of in the same situation. I don't have a job and I need to move out soon for my own sanity.

Haha, I hear you. Lord knows i love my family to death, but when you're 24 years old, and still feel like a kid living with his parents, its time to move out lol. I really need my own space for sure...

S

shawny_boy

Thanks for the prayer folks. Ive been stuck at this job for 3 years now, wondering why i wasn't getting anywhere. I was wondering what kind of purpose this could be serving. Just recently, a girl at work mentioned that her boyfriend works at at construction company and they're looking to hire. She's putting a good word in for me, but nothing is written in stone. Im praying that this is the reason God has kept me here so long. That all the garbage Ive had to put up with over the years, is actually leading to something. Especially now, when all this stressfull stuff is coming about. I pray that things are gunna start falling into place, and I can get started with my life. My faith/patience is strained, but Im still trusting that this is all part of his plan.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Praying for a job to come through for you and all needed in Jesus.

God bless
:)
pickles

shemaiah

Jan 28, 2011
I will be praying for you. God bless

S

shekaniah

Prayers sent...
Don't be discouraged God might have better plans for you.

Keep your eyes and hope fosused on Jesus!

In His Love, Shekaniah

S

shawny_boy

K I gotta admit, im kinda freaking out right now. Its been 3 weeks since i applied at a few places, and havn't heard back from anyone. My parents have also put an offer on a house, its 6 hours away from where we live now. I dont know what Im gunna do, I cant go with them, I just cant. Living at home still is totally demoralizing. Im constantly depressed, and feel like a failure in life. Every place I apply at requires some prior experience, but noone is willing to give me experience. I cant afford to go back to school, because I dont have a job that pays enough. I cant get a job that pays enough, because I didn't go to school. Im so close to breaking down and having a panic attack, I really have no idea what to do anymore...

S

shekaniah

Shawny,

You should try to contact them and see if they have had a chance to look over your resume'.
And if you can go in person.
Prayers sent again!
Don't get too worried things will work out. :)
In His Love, Shekaniah

Mar 18, 2011
Hey everyone. Im really stressing lately, everything is kinda happening at once. Ive been stuck in a dead end job, paying just enough to barely cover the bills. Im 24 years old, and cant afford to leave my parents place. Theres a chance that I can get on with a construction company that will start me off at $18/hour, and will more than be enough for me to move out. The reason that im stressing is that I fear the available positions are almost filled, and likely will be given to people with prior experience (which I have none). Ontop of that, my parents just put the house on the market, and are moving 6 hours away. If this job falls through, Ill be forced to move with them, leaving everything Ive known for the past 24 years, behind. Im horrible at making friends (the kind you actually hang out with on a regular basis, not just work friends). If I have to leave, Ill be leaving behind my 1 real friend, that Ive known for 15 years. Im worried Ill become a shut in, Ill have no reason to go out on weekends, noone to hang out with. I really need this job. Ive been horribly depressed these last few years, nothing seems to be going right, and I just cant catch a break. I would appreciate some people to pray with me on this matter, for God to pull some strings for me to get this job.

Thanks.

prayer sent brother

I genuinely hope you get that construction position. However I want you to contemplate this one thing. The Lord works in mysterious ways. The Lord may indeed have something for you that is 6 hours away. If in fact it happens that you move. I would like you to at least accept the possibility that this move, though it may seem is for your parents may indeed be for you. If you find it hard to find friends, I'll leave you with this wisdom- whether seeking true friends, brethren or your soul mate. There is but one place you'll find them. On the narrow path of righteousness. Find that path, walk it and ALL things will be given unto you. Giving way to eternal praises, for God is so good. Even to "we" who don't deserve it.

God bless you brother, and God speed.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Contiueing to pray for you , job , in Jesus Christ is Lord.

God bless:)
pickles