Prayer for a young mom

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 22, 2013
I work in a hotel for the over night shift. We are sold out tonight. A young mom of 17 years old walks in at around 1.3 am with her son. Asks if we have any rooms and she is crying. Sadly I had to tell her that we did not have any rooms. She tells me that her mom just kicked her and her son out of the house for a misunderstanding between them. I called around to some hotels to see if they would take a 17 year old and they all said that they had to be 21 years old to check in. I was hoping that someone would fudge up the age law in Oklahoma to help a young girl. Didn't happen. I would have even paid for her room for one night until she could get her other family to help her. Even the motels who would have been fine with an 18 year old couldn't check in a 17 year old. So I started asking her about calling the police or youth services of America. She was firm in not getting her mom in trouble. I understood were she was coming from so I started to look online for a teen homeless shelter in the area that would be able to help her. I found one and called them and let her talk to them. Since she didn't have a car and she walked her from the apts close to the hotel i work at, she had to walk to the gas station down the street so the shelter's van could pick her up. I am not sure why they could not come to the hotel a mile away... it is 4 am and i am freaking out for her. She headed home to grab her clothes that she put out on the patio before she came to the hotel. Before she left I prayed for her and told her of Jesus and how much He loved her. I think she was receptive to that. We exchanged numbers so she could let me know that she made it to the gas station alright and that if she didn't text me or call me that i could find out what was going on.

If ya'll could pray that God blesses her and her son and that they would see the path that God has laid out for them. Pray that God's protective hand is on them and that they make it to this shelter. I did everything I could now its in God's hands. I guess it was always in God's hands.
I guess i also want confirmation that I did the right thing by sending her to a teen shelter and not calling the police or social services. I know God has his hand on her or she would have gone to another hotel in the area instead of coming to me. I feel like I did the right thing but a part of me is terrified.

T

Tintin

Wow. You're amazing. God used you in a powerful way! I'll be praying for this girl and her son.

S

Siberian_Khatru

What an incredible - and almost surreal, with today's society - act of kindness. Prayers will definitely go out to this girl and her kid, as well as to you, Becks.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
God bless you for your heart in Jesus.
This mom and her child are in my prayers for all help and provision in Jesus.

God bless
pickles

S

sunnygurl

Becks all I can say to you is you were Jesus to the young mum and her son, God bless you for your beautiful and loving heart.
I will be praying for that precious mum and her baby boy.

Mar 22, 2013
I talked with her about 10 hours ago and she was able to go to her aunt's house and she is living there. I feel so much better knowing she is with family who will help her. :) God is good!

Mar 22, 2013
Indiana
I talked with her about 10 hours ago and she was able to go to her aunt's house and she is living there. I feel so much better knowing she is with family who will help her. :) God is good!
thats good!

S

stevef

God bless you Becks and it's good to hear that this young girl and her son are safe. I will pray for them and this whole family.