Prayer for marriage

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

bornagain79

Please pray for my marriage. My wife has been backsliding since we got married, and it is causing a lot of issues, now more than ever. She has lost her passion for prayer, the bible, worship, church attendance ... all of which she was really into before.

She has several new (and some old) unsaved friends that are pulling her away, and she doesn't see it. Sometimes revival isn't always about getting people in, it's about getting some people out. Please pray for new friends and for that passion to return.

I could use some prayers for patience as well.

Thanks in advance, and if there is anything I can pray for you about, please let me know.

D

DaisyDalliance

I'll pray that your wife returns to you and your church family, so that she may once again experience the open and welcoming arms of Jesus Christ.

P

psychomom

I have brought you both to the Throne of Grace. ♥

Our God is faithful to all He promises! :)

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Setting you both before God in Jesus's name.

God bless
pickles

B

bornagain79

Thank you so much for your prayers.

S

shekaniah

Prayers sent

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
Praying that the Spirit will open your wife's eyes to what's going on....may she be filled with a holy conviction to be holy and to turn her life over COMPLETELY to God. Praying too, for your patience and understanding.

Feb 11, 2012
I pray your wife will come to repentance and brokeness through her great rebellion against God, she surely isnt a saved and a santified Christian, as her rotten fruit exposes her, but this is the condition of most churches, they produce rotten fruit by what they teach as truth, leading many such as your wife into a ditch, now if the apostate church would preach repentance properly, and throw out the false sin nature, substitution cop out, then the church would be a strong force and example against the evils of this dying world!

I pray she wakes up, repents, and stops calling herself a Christian, she is worshiping the devil, and is sinning against you and your family.

I pray you would seek the mercy and peace of God also, repent of any sins that is keeping you in the darkness, and then stand to be a strong example for your wife anf family, it wont be easy, Jesus diddnt promise His followers a rosey path, but hardship, hatred, rejection, pain, and lonliness, but He did promise His great strength and guidance through the storms, as we walk in the spirit, giving no provision for the flesh!

Please pray for me!
Act 26:18 In order to open their eyes so that they may turn from darkness to light, and from the authority of Satan to God, so that they may receive remission of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.
Prayer is a powerful tool for those who have come to a real saving faith! This tool can be uses 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and is always open with a powerful ear to hear IF we are walking not after the flesh, but after the spirit in reality!
Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
But today, the professing Christian world is crying out for prayer, as well as those who really want nothing to do with God, it seems then to be some sort of a tradition the unsaved and lukewarm use, to feel better about their situation, no matter how grievous it is!
They have a false sense of security in believing God hears their vain prayers, asking Him to do and give things to them, but they have no intention what so ever to obey His commands!
They also fail to understand that the Lord is against the wicked, has nothing for them, and does not acknowledge their prayers in any way, shape or form!
Pro 15:29 The LORD is far from the wicked: but He hears the prayers of the righteous.
Now many will come and pray out to God as a final cry for help, where they can see they have no way out of a certain situation, or have absolutely no control over a crises heading their way, or coming in their family or marriage.
They ask for help with their ongoing addictions to immoral acts, adultery, homosexuality, drug abuse, drunkenness, family abuse, asking for prayer and help in what to do!
Many well intentioned souls offer up many prayers to God, asking Him to heal them, give them strength through the hard times, or asking God to comfort them, and then instilling in the struggling sinner, that all’s they have to do is trust that God will help them through their pet sins, or grant them a wonderful plan, while their heart hardens in their sins!
Families are falling apart, our country is on the fringe of destruction and judgment, evil is called good, and good evil, men marrying men and women are marrying women, morality is just a pipe dream that puts the righteous ones at odds, and labeled a legalist, evil, and a real kill joy!
The world and all its leaders are screaming out for answers to the gun problems, the hate crimes, mass murdering and suicides, as well as all the immorality, especially the evil crimes coming from our youth, who are left in limbo as to what to do in desperate times.
But what should be the prayer offered up to God! What would get His attention, and give Him motive to intervene and heal the dead and corrupt church and world?
One thing, which has been missing for many, many years, from the professing Christian world!
A prayer so radical and different from the norm, that those who bring it are not taken seriously and they cannot see past their own conceived notions about the nature of God, and what He is simply asking His creation to do.
We must pray for repentance on the scale of Nineveh, followed by a powerful working faith through love, inspired by the likes of Abraham, and many other strong men and women of God listed in the Bible.
Without this mass repentance happening first and foremost, where the vile sins stop, the heart is cleared and purified of all wrong doing and darkness, then any other prayer is just a mere lip service to God, void of any real life service, as many who want reformation to occur, bank their dreams and prayers on sinking sand and not on the commands of God, to repent, stop sinning, seek His mercy and hope He relents!
Isa 55:6 Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:
Isa 55:7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.
I know the norm is to gather around the sinner, and offer up a nice safe prayer, asking God to heal them, and intervene in their time of troubles, or insure them that God has a wonderful plan for their life, and He will provide a wonderful focus group for them to join so they can begin to heal.
And those who come and pray for repentance, and heart purity, are not being very kind and are being unloving, especially when you pray that God’s Holy Spirit will convict them deeply of their sin against Him, leading to a changed heart from the inside out!
This heart needs to be cleansed and purged from all dead works; see Hebrews 9-14, ready to serve the living God!
Now when the professed church seeks prayer from God, why not suggest they start out praying for God to lead them to real brokenness, contriteness, humility, and repentance on the scale of Nineveh, where they actually do their first works as commanded, by laying aside all filthiness and wickedness, now able to receive with meekness the implanted world of God, thus becoming a doer of the word and not a hearer only deceiving themselves!
Jas 1:21 Therefore putting aside all filthiness and overflowing of evil, receive in meekness the implanted Word, which is able to save your souls.
Jas 1:22 But become doers of the Word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
Yes prayer is a powerful tool, but only if it is used properly, with a right heart, that has been made pure and righteous by an obedient faith, that can only come from real repentance and faith proven by deeds as commanded in the word of God!
Tommy 2-12-13

Last edited:
J

jkalyna

I THANK JESUS, FOR A MAN OF GOD LIKE YOU. I PRAY THAT YOU CONTINUE HAVING A PRAYING BELIEVING HEART. I KNOW THERE ARE THOSE WHO PROBABLY WOULD OF STUCK TO THE END IN PRAYER, AND HAD THE VICTORY, THEN TO HAVE THE BITTERNESS, AND HURTS, AND LIVING IN THE PAST. I PRAY IN THE NAME OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST, THAT YOU WOULD LOVE YOU WIFE, AND AS THE HOLY SPIRIT LEADS YOU ,THAT YOU WOULD WOO HER BACK, WITH THE LOVE OF THE LORD, AS HE LEADS, AND WHAT HE PUTS ON YOUR HEART. IN JESUS NAME ABBA FATHER GOD, TOUCH HER HEART, BRING HER INTO A PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH YOU, NOT RELIGION. BREAK THE TRADITIONS, AND BRING HEALING, AND WHOLENESS INTO THIS FAMILY, I'M BELIEVING LUKE 10:19. BREATH ON THEM FATHER A NEW BEGINNING JOHN 17 AS THE BLOOD IS APPLIED AND JESUS PRAYER. LET THE PEACE OF GOD, GUARD YOUR MIND, AND HEART, WAIT UPON THE LORD, FOR HE WILL RENEW YOUR STRENGTH IN THE NAME OF OUR LORD JESUS THE ANOINTED ONE, I PROCLAIM HIS WORD UPON YOUR FAMILY THIS DAY, SEALED AND EXECUTED IN JESUS NAME. AMEN

B

bornagain79

Thank you for your prayers everyone, they mean a lot.

Dec 25, 2012
First of all prayer is the most important thing. Only God knows what she may be going thru internally and what she is feeling. Don't give up on her! Keep being an example of what a good, God fearing Christian is. Sometimes we have to go thru things in order to value what we have.

Praying for you and your family. God Bless!

B

bornagain79

Thank you. I couldn't agree more, prayer is everything. It's the only thing giving me much needed peace. There is a guy friend that is flirting with her through texts and facebook that she sees as innocent, that is driving me crazy! I don't want to come off as controlling and tell her to stop talking with him. When I have brought it up before, it just led to arguments. It is a horrible feeling to not be able to trust your spouse. Please pray also that my trust in her is restored, and that this guy gets out of the picture and into a relationship with Christ.

Dec 25, 2012
Thank you. I couldn't agree more, prayer is everything. It's the only thing giving me much needed peace. There is a guy friend that is flirting with her through texts and facebook that she sees as innocent, that is driving me crazy! I don't want to come off as controlling and tell her to stop talking with him. When I have brought it up before, it just led to arguments. It is a horrible feeling to not be able to trust your spouse. Please pray also that my trust in her is restored, and that this guy gets out of the picture and into a relationship with Christ.

Will definitely pray for your family. May I suggest talking with other men here on CC who can give you a man's point of view on your situation. I'm sure there has to be a blog specific for men just like there is for women. I think you would benefit from talking with other Christian men on how to handle this situation or how to remain peaceful. Not that women can't give good advise or be good listeners. But I think you know what I mean. I'm sure men will post on this soon. God Bless....

B

bornagain79

Will definitely pray for your family. May I suggest talking with other men here on CC who can give you a man's point of view on your situation. I'm sure there has to be a blog specific for men just like there is for women. I think you would benefit from talking with other Christian men on how to handle this situation or how to remain peaceful. Not that women can't give good advise or be good listeners. But I think you know what I mean. I'm sure men will post on this soon. God Bless....
That's a good idea. Thanks

B

bornagain79

Please keep the prayers coming. Her intrusive parents are causing a major problem as well. They are encouraging her to do things that are completely against the bible, and are bad mouthing me to the rest of the family. They never cut the cord with their daughter, and feel they have to know every little detail about what is going on in her life, then thinks it is best to tell only the negative to the rest of the family. I asked them politely to stop this week, and they blew up at me. They are self-professed Christians, ones that confess with their mouth and deny in their lifestyle. My wife is so easily influenced by them. I want her to be close to her family, but not when it causes so many issues. So please pray for that as well. Thanks

F

Forgive

My Christian Brother. I will pray for you as well. I can tell you as a Christian man who was once on fire for the Lord, fell from grace and back slid, and am now renewing my walk with our forgiving Father through my Lord and Saviour Jesus Chris, I have walked that side of the fence. She is in a state of rebellion. She has taken her eyes off of our Saviour because of the cares and desires of this world. Keep praying for her, pray with her. Be the spiritual head of your home, and fight for your marriage. Not only are man and wife joined in a marriage, but, it is a covenant with God. What God has put together, let NO man tear apart. By being an example to your wife, she will see your life progressing in the right direction, with or without her. Focus on your relationship with God during this time. The evil one comes to kill, steal and devour. He is fighting hard to take away your bride. You have to, with the power and strength given by God through a faith filled walk with Him, fight just as hard as the enemy to keep her. I pray God will lift you up in this time of trial, clothe you in the full armor spoken of in His Word, and I pray for your wife, that God will open her eyes to the tactics of the evil one that she is blind to because of rebellion.
This being said, you will also have to forgive her. She (if she is truely a child of God) will return to Him, just like the prodigal son. You, by harboring unforgiveness, can keep her bound in her sin, keeping you bound as well. If you love her, you will give her complete forgiveness just as through Christ you have been forgiven. Love her, and let her know, that even when the worldly friends, her parents (if not true Christian people), and the desires of this world are gone, you will still be there for her and that you will continue to pray and fight for her and the covenant you both made with our Heavenly Father. God bless you, and I pray He will give you comfort, strength, direction and peace through this spiritual battle.
As a side note, I hate facebook. It seems like it is the devil's playground. Just my two cents.

B

bornagain79

My Christian Brother. I will pray for you as well. I can tell you as a Christian man who was once on fire for the Lord, fell from grace and back slid, and am now renewing my walk with our forgiving Father through my Lord and Saviour Jesus Chris, I have walked that side of the fence. She is in a state of rebellion. She has taken her eyes off of our Saviour because of the cares and desires of this world. Keep praying for her, pray with her. Be the spiritual head of your home, and fight for your marriage. Not only are man and wife joined in a marriage, but, it is a covenant with God. What God has put together, let NO man tear apart. By being an example to your wife, she will see your life progressing in the right direction, with or without her. Focus on your relationship with God during this time. The evil one comes to kill, steal and devour. He is fighting hard to take away your bride. You have to, with the power and strength given by God through a faith filled walk with Him, fight just as hard as the enemy to keep her. I pray God will lift you up in this time of trial, clothe you in the full armor spoken of in His Word, and I pray for your wife, that God will open her eyes to the tactics of the evil one that she is blind to because of rebellion.
This being said, you will also have to forgive her. She (if she is truely a child of God) will return to Him, just like the prodigal son. You, by harboring unforgiveness, can keep her bound in her sin, keeping you bound as well. If you love her, you will give her complete forgiveness just as through Christ you have been forgiven. Love her, and let her know, that even when the worldly friends, her parents (if not true Christian people), and the desires of this world are gone, you will still be there for her and that you will continue to pray and fight for her and the covenant you both made with our Heavenly Father. God bless you, and I pray He will give you comfort, strength, direction and peace through this spiritual battle.
As a side note, I hate facebook. It seems like it is the devil's playground. Just my two cents.
Thank you brother. I hate facebook too, for what it is worth. I told her parents that I am going to fight for my marriage, and do not want them to be an enemy. I asked them to help encourage my wife in her walk with Christ, but it is hard to encourage someone when you are empty yourself. I will not let this distract me from my wlak with God. If anything, I am closer to Him now, more than ever. I wake up every morning reciting Ephesians 6:10-17 (armor of God). The enemy is defeated, and I am going to make sure he stays under my feet and out of my marriage! Thank you again.