Prayer for Peace and Slumber

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Smudge

So I had a really bad year last year. I lost virtually all of my friends in different ways. Two from one school just played the "out of sight out of mind" card with me when I really needed them and the other two I lost in a bigger way. I lost them to sex, drugs, and rock and roll. Probably not to drugs... well that's actually a big possibility considering the evidence but I'm not going there. Just one more thing- you know?

Through the past year I only felt heart ache and my life was absorbed in trying to bring those two girls back to Christ. I had little to no other activities in my life. It was exhausting but I was their only good influence and I didn't want to shut out their only light. Sounds a bit self centered but I wasn't the only one thinking it and people were concerned that if I abandoned them that they may never come around. Their sins sort of became my burden as I kind of became Jesus for them.

ANYWAY. I am a big worry wart. I am anxious about just about everything. Someone puts a soda pop in the freezer I'm anxious that the freezer is going to explode.(thought I know thats impossible) I have panic attacks about finances, I worry about something I may have said that could have been interpreted offensively, if someone is late coming home and isn't returning phone calls I envision the worse case scenario. My dad now actively downplays everything and braces me for everything knowing that I could have a mental breakdown if he delivers the message that I have to pay three hundred dollars to fix my car wrong.

This is causing an inability to sleep. Right now it is 3:00 AM, I'll stay up as late as 5:00 in the morning even if I have to get up at seven to go to church(There was one time that my inability to sleep caused me to be so tired that I could not make it to church). My eyelids are getting visibly darker(or maybe I'm imagining it) and this has been going on all summer. Sometimes I'll dose off at one, if its a good night, just because I'm so exhausted I couldn't stay up even if I wanted to.

I'm in a Bible Study and its discussing the fruits of the spirits. The one we are currently studying is Peace. We were reading the symptoms of someone without this fruit and it was like someone was giving me a psychological profile of myself. After one of the ladies finished reading it she made a comment, "That's depressing." If only she knew.

I'm desperate for that fruit. I've repeated that verse, "Do not be anxious over anything" over and over and have good old Uncle Marty's saying "Pray and let God Worry" as a desktop on my phone and its on my wall. Thinking that if I ever get a tattoo it'll have those words.

But the thing is, the fruit of the spirit is a sign of Christ dwelling in your life. Its more of a symptom than a gift. Which makes me feel guilty because that circles it back to me. Its my fault I can't sleep because I'm not close enough to God. Then I get mad for thinking that because I know it isn't helping anything.

A little help would be nice- school semester is starting in a few weeks and I'm going to be in trouble if I can't get any rest.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Praying that Jesus will bring you sweet and peaceful sleep.
Praying also for all you need and desire in Jesus.

Hugs and God bless
pickles

S

Smudge

Thank you. :)

B

bealight2012

I know how you feel smudge. I will pray for you

Jul 31, 2009
In the Name of jesus ...Hi I am Walking from the christian chat room. Listen! I am sorry you had a bad year last year but life goes on.And don't be discourage if you lost your friends.You have a friend that will never ,never leave you or forsake you...HIS NAME IS JESUS.
Winning Soul for jesus is a journey that you need to pray and stay focus with the HOLY SPIRIT>

R

Risen

Dear Lord
In enter into your presence with Smudge prayer request that you allow him to find rest and peace in you and that He will be able to sleep. Dear Heavently Father I pray that you grant Him peace with in his soul. Let him know that your words says that all things work together for the good of those who are called according to your purpose. We do not have any reason to fear nor worry for we Know that you O God are in control of our lives and what is going on around us. I pray that you please hep Smudge cast his burdens unto you, the burdens of saving souls is yours to carry though we played a vital role in being your role model and a mouth piece here on earth. It is my prayer that Smudge will draw his strength from you and your words and Let him keep his communication line with you through prayers and studying your words.

Dear Lord, I pray that you bless Smudge with the peace that passess understanding and help him turn his eyes upon you and that He seek you first and your righteousness and all else will fall into place. Let him be a blessings to others in Jesus name I pray.

S

shekaniah

Prayers sent in the Love of Jesus...

SnailRacer

Nov 2, 2011
The rising sun will come to us from heaven to shine on those living in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the path of peace. (Luke1:78-79)

S

sound7

My beloved

" Never forget the sacrifice My Son made so that you could know Me. His blood provided the basis for the new covenant. By My will and through my grace, you have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. What I require from you is that you believe and trust in My Son, through whom you know Me. For who ever believes in Him shall not perish, but will have eternal life. salvation is found in no one else. For there is no other name under the heaven given to men by which you must be saved. He has become my guarantee to this new and better covenant.

When you received My Son Jesus as your Saviour and believed on His name, you brecome My Child. At that moment, I gave you a new heart and put My own Spirit in you to compel you to follow My Word and walk in My Ways. My beloved, you are now My child, and what you will be I have not yet made known. But when Jesus appears, you shall be like Him, for you shall see Him as He is. In light of this hope, walk in purity before Me.

(Eze 36:26-27; Jn 1:12, 3:16,6: 28-29; Act 4:12; Heb 7:22, 10:9-10; 1Jn 3:2-3)

S

shekaniah

How are you doing?
I hope things have gotten better.
I have prayed God would work in the lives of your lost friends...
But also bless you with many more new ones.
Rest in the peace of Christ.
Love in Jesus, Shekaniah

John 14:24
27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.