Prayer request

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Yes, I know we have a prayer forum, but I know not many frequent the prayer forum. Please keep the Colorado Springs area in prayer. We had a wildfire start on the western edge of the city yesterday afternoon and there are currently 10,000 (govt estimate) people evacuated from their homes for the foreseeable future. My church had to cancel today's services since it sits on the eastern boundary of the mandatory evacuation area.

J

Jullianna

Absolutely, Oncefallen. Is there anything else we can do?

S

shirley

LORD GOD I LIFT UP THESE FAMILIES TO YOU AND THAT YOU GUIDE THEM COMFORT THEM ; GIVE THEM HOPE WHERE THERE IS NONE ;JOY FOR SORROW AND FAITH IN YOU TO GO ON AND LORD GOD PROTECT THEM COVER THEM IN SAFTY HELP THEM LOOK AND SEEK YOU AMEN

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Absolutely, Oncefallen. Is there anything else we can do?
Send all donations to [email protected] :D

From what I understand the local evac centers that have been set up aren't all that busy since most evacuees have chosen to stay with friends or family outside the danger area. From what I understand the majority of those areas evacuated are not in imminent danger, but have been evacuated as a precaution since they are densely populated and would be impossible to evac rapidly if necessary. Fortunately both myself and Gary live quite a distance from the affected area.

A

aussieguy

well ill be praying and hopefully everyone comes out of this situation safe without too many losses

J

Jullianna

Glad you are okay. I understand that the direction of the fires is shifting now.

Still praying.

B

Barbie

Praying for you now - know what these situations can lead to - have had bad ones here in Australia - God Bless IN MY PRAYERS - "And i Say of The Lord He is my Fortress and my Refuge - He is My God in whom I trust .....

G

GreenNnice

There are a lot of Christian major ministries there, like Focus On The Family and isn't Family Life Today there in Colorado Springs, too?
Praying for the families and businesses there, and, not only are a lot of good, serving-others , christian folk there in that city--with oncefallen at the top of the list :D, (I kid, but serious too. oncefell, your efforts on c.c. are 'great' God work :) ) --C.S. is such beautiful country I've heard, 'God's country' are the operative words. I've been through Denver but never C.S. .

Dear Lord...Amen . :)

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Yes, Focus is here, but way away from harms way. The Navigators campus has been under mandatory evacuation since yesterday. Summit Ministries was under evac for most of the day today, but that area was lifted a couple of hours ago. Thank God that currently it is burning North and West away from populated areas.

G

GreenNnice

Yes, Focus is here, but way away from harms way. The Navigators campus has been under mandatory evacuation since yesterday. Summit Ministries was under evac for most of the day today, but that area was lifted a couple of hours ago. Thank God that currently it is burning North and West away from populated areas.
Good to hear that for Focus (not familiar with Navigators much, but think heard of them) . Great martyring ministry is Focus, and, Focus and also, FL Today, I've listened to many-a-nights on the radio. Powerful witness :)
Both non-profits , I think, are tremendously called as lights in our fallen world, oncefell, spearheaders of many controversial topics that get them.persecution in the 'communities,' like same sex marriage and abortion, much persecution from the left. Surely, Dobson has spent millions (not thousands) lobbying against topics such as against God's Word .

L

Liz01

Oncefallen praying for you.....

A

adekruif

Definitely praying....I can see it from where I work down in Pueblo, and it doesn't look good.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Just to update people, the fire here has taken a bad turn. After consistently burning away from the city for several days, the wind shifted hard and is now pushing the fire into residential areas on the west side of town. They have more than tripled the size of the evac area in just a couple of hours and some historic facilities are in imminent danger.

Please keep the hundreds of firefighters and other safety personnel lifted up for their safety, and the peace of those evacuated.

J

Jullianna

Absolutely, Oncefallen. Was just looking at some news pics earlier. :(

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Even the Air Force Academy is under Pre-evacuation notice now. This is rapidly becoming what this city has feared for years. Just the same, God is still in control and sitting on the throne.

Last edited:

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Correction, even the southern part of the USAFA is now under mandatory evacuation.

G

GreenNnice

Even the Air Force Academy is under Pre-evacuation notice now. This is rapidly becoming what this city has feared for years. Just the same, God is still in control and sitting on the throne.
God is in control , yes, yes, oncefell. The times in my life, with things seemingly at their worst, or, even seemingly at their best, God's shown up, and, in a great way to show me, as you say, oncefell, God is still on the throne.

Still yesterday. Still today. Still forevermore. God.

Still. 'Be still and know that I am God.' He is with you, and, whem I went to Twila Paris concert, she beautifully played the piano, so many neat songs. In my singleness, in this time back in 1996, I was blessed, I knew, of God's presence, and, one lady there was pumping her fists and just looking like a crazy woman, singing out loud, or, mouthing words of this below song. I personally liked some of the other songs better than this one but it is, of all the songs played--great songs and moments all throughout the concert-, and, moments, it is STILL this lady's exhuberance to 'God is in control' Twila song I remember most and Twila, too, I remember, sang song with a great passion of Christ in her, I could see, I still can see so much from that concert....

Still keep Colorado Springs, and, all over state, people in it, specifically, in your prayers, and, my heart goes out to those greatly effected by this natural disaster, may God show everyone involved that God does seek our sacrifice , as he was for us on the cross, but He seeks our compassion inside us,, tooo.. The Lord leads.

I pray, wherever you are, He leads you greatly to compass your own heart with feeling the pain and heartache of so many now there in this place of great ministries of Christ, like Focus On The Family and The Navigators, are feeling now. Surely, so many have been emotionally scarred,by this fire though not touched by it. Pray for this city's ability to see that God is on the throne and in control . God worked to draw me through great pain allowed in my life, a time or two, so far, and He will continue His ways with others, like He allowed 911 and is allowing this 'God's country' beautiful Colorado Springs, and, suburb cities, to burn.

God is on the throne. 'But, be of good cheer, when things of the world ( Satan at work) overcome you, for I have overcome the world.' I paraphrase but, the gist means this, God is still in control. :)

God bless you all for your prayers to.this great hub of Christly ministry in the USA.
GOD is with you, Colorado, He is still looking down on you, always,will be, from His rocky mountain on High

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQHlKc8DrB4[/youTube]

Last edited by a moderator: