Prayer Request

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

MomTo2

My husband lost his job the end of March. He recently started a new one but it pays a lot less (we have to dip into savings each month to get by), has no benefits of any kind, and he cannot take a vacation in the summer which is hard because I am a teacher. Please pray that he will find a better job and will discover God's will for his life.

Also, we have a 16 year old son who battles with depression and anxiety. Last summer he tried to kill himself. He was saved when he was little but now says he doesn't believe. He's been experimenting with drugs. We do our best to keep him away from this stuff but he still seems to find it. Please pray that he will rediscover God's love and be healed from his depression, anxiety, and addiction.

GodssSon

Apr 29, 2012
I'm sorry for your situation =[ I know God will see you and your family through everything. Just keep seeking him and drawing close to him. I'm praying for you and your family! He loves you and your family greatly and has good things for you all! :) Just keep the faith and don't give up. God bless you all!

M

MomTo2

Thank you.

Sep 8, 2012
Will do.
Nothing's too hard for God.
In fact nothings even hard for Him.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
You, your family, and your son are in my daily prayers in Jesus's name.

Hugs and God bless
pickles

sandtigeress

Apr 29, 2013
Praying for you, your husband and son.

M

MomTo2

Thanks for all of the prayers. It means so much.

O

OwenHeidenreich

Your son is always in God's hands because his love for you is so amazing every trial and temptation can be faced with pure joy because of the way that God transforms people is like no other. Lord thank you for coming into their home and filling it with your peace and thank you for taking our burdens and filling her sons mind with order because you are the God of order and not confusion, so thank you for building him up in such a unique way to where his faith will be so unmovable that the only words that come out of his mouth will be the words of God himself.

L

Lightitbe

I am truly sorry for what you and your family are going through. When a lot of pain and worry is not openly expressed and dealt with, individuals will find a way to suppress it and alcohol/drugs or other means. These means are used as a band-aid to numb whatever is hurting them. I am a licensed drug and alcohol counselor and my suggestion to you is that if you have medical insurance look into the possibility of participating in family counseling. While the drugs may seem like the problem, it is the band-aid, and perhaps your son's medication (if he is on any) need to be reviewed and maybe changed yet counseling is also a very important aspect but not only for him.

I will pray for your family and that you be blessed with healing on every level.

Y

Yuanyuan

Oh,i am so sorry for what happening in your family.I want to comfort you with some words,but i do not know what to sya because i know my words would be so limited for what you are confronting.I am also sorry i could not use english so well because i mainly speak Chinese.I just want to say God is always taking care of us.He always know what we are suffering,He understand your feelings because Jesus suffered for us.So He would comfort you ith His love and grace.I am also so sorry for your son,i do not know what to say but just feel so sorry,i could imagine how powless you feel now.
1The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they [SUP]f[/SUP]comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever I would pray for you with Psalms23
I also pray that the LORD GOD would help you to find a way to help your son get out of drugs.In Jesus's name,amen

M

MomTo2

My son has been seeing a therapist for about 2 years. His doctor thinks the suicide attempts were a result of antidepressants he was put on. These were changed. The suicide attempts brought to light the drug use. We now test him regularly. It mainly seems to be a matter of opportunity...if he can sneak alcohol from someone's house or if he comes across pot that he had hidden and I didn't find when cleaning his room. He seems to feel bad afterwards and says he doesn't want to do it but doesn't know how to say no. I know he needs to get God back in his life. I think his distance from God is the root of his problems.

I appreciate your prayers.