Prayer to find a church/bible study group

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

arwen83

I haven't been to church in quite sometime. I work weekends (like 24 hours within 48 hours), so the only time I would be able to engage in fellowship would be during the week. This makes my choice for churches limited. There is a mega-church who holds wednesday services, but it has around thousand (or over) members and it is easy to get lost in the crowd. I am looking to get connected with a bible study or small group where I can meet people around my own age. Seems like the only quality fellowship that I have, is on CC.

I emailed a church that has life groups for single people that have bible studies, prayers and accountability. I am not sure if they will accept someone new, and someone that could only attend their church on the odd sunday. I would ask if you could pray for me that I could be connected with a bible study group that is around my age, if it is with this church or another.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Understand compleatly, my daughter has odd work hours as well. :)
She did find a group, still has some limitations, but brings joy still in Jesus.
Ill be praying in Jesus's name for all you ask and seek. :)

God bless
pickles

T

Timofree

I pray God leads you to the right group..... He's sees your heart, that you want to meet with others, until then, and after too, I pray He meets with you in special ways, you and Him time

K

kenisyes

Post where you are near to. I know one on Vancouver Island, but that's a pretty big coincidence if you are there.

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
Praying for you to find a small group...the one you mentioned would gladly like you to attend, I'm sure! Go for it :)

A

arwen83

Post where you are near to. I know one on Vancouver Island, but that's a pretty big coincidence if you are there.
Nope, I am no where near Vancouver. Thanks tho.

Feb 11, 2012
I haven't been to church in quite sometime. I work weekends (like 24 hours within 48 hours), so the only time I would be able to engage in fellowship would be during the week. This makes my choice for churches limited. There is a mega-church who holds wednesday services, but it has around thousand (or over) members and it is easy to get lost in the crowd. I am looking to get connected with a bible study or small group where I can meet people around my own age. Seems like the only quality fellowship that I have, is on CC.

I emailed a church that has life groups for single people that have bible studies, prayers and accountability. I am not sure if they will accept someone new, and someone that could only attend their church on the odd sunday. I would ask if you could pray for me that I could be connected with a bible study group that is around my age, if it is with this church or another.
I wouldn't worry about joining a church organization, you seem more interested in joining the club than walking the narrow road to life, I don't mean to sound harsh, but most organized churches today are death traps, preaching many false teachings, the best thing you can do for you and your family is stay far away from the organized mega church, these churches are dead to the word of God, thousands flock to these empires to get their ears tickled by the wolves telling them they can sin like the devil and go to heaven, just pay your tithe, and all is well!

Whom are we to praise?

Joh 12:43 For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.

This powerful verse truly explains why many in the church system today, seek the praise of men over the praise of God!
Praise:
G1391
δόξα
doxa
dox'-ah
From the base of G1380; glory (as very apparent), in a wide application (literally or figuratively, objectively or subjectively): - dignity, glory (-ious), honor, praise, worship!
Many will fight tooth and nail for the truth they know, and then quote many reformed preachers, and religious leaders who teach many errors that take away from the pure word once delivered to the saints.
By agreeing with these errors, and not even taking the time to make sure they are not seeking the praise of men, they will never receive the praise of God!
God rewards those who diligently seek Him, who worship Him in spirit and truth, and gives them strength and guidance if they do not transgress and abide in doctrines of men!
I see it all the time, coming from the professing Christian world, defending their saved In sin gospel by following the likes of Calvin, Luther, Spurgeon, and then blend in many pagan teachings such as original sin, made famous by Heretic Augustine. With no concern for truth, they seek the praise of men, who are their pastor’s, and spiritual leaders who have a form of godliness but deny its power, IF they build their church foundation on these doctrines of men.
Many will profess to me that their beloved pastor and church preaches truth, and do not see any errors in their teachings and ways, but it doesn’t take a genius to dig a bit as commanded, test the spirits as commanded, and search the scriptures as commanded, to see their core beliefs are built on original sin, followed by many forms of substitution, leading to OSAS, pre forgiveness of sins, and many more false doctrines of mere men.
I say wake up, do not give praise to these men who may seem sincere, but they themselves are giving praise to man, as they promote their man formed doctrine’s, that totally obliterate any real repentance and faith, such as the sin stopping in repentance, not after, and having an obedient working faith built in love, fear and devotion for God, giving Him the praise and seeking His truth that was built on the solid foundation of Jesus Christ!
Sound doctrine produces a sound mind, free of error, willing to learn and be corrected, a teachable saint, worthy of their calling, and most of all never arguing in favor of sin!
Rom 3:4 Let it not be! But let God be true, and every man a liar; as it is written, "That You might be justified in your sayings, and will overcome when you are judged."
Tommy

Last edited:
A

arwen83

I am not looking to belong to a mega-church, nor a club. I thank you for your prayer.

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
I think the Holy Spirit can be found in mega churches too....actually in any place that believers come together.