Prayer?

• Thread starter becausehefirstlovedme
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

becausehefirstlovedme

I would simply like to request prayer for my family. My parents marriage is falling apart and I am moving away to university in two months. This means that I will not be there to comfort my brothers and make them feel secure or show them right from wrong. I am expressing my concerns as the eldest child in my family and the only woman role model other than my mother who has a hard time with self control and temper. My father over the years has become a lot weaker and I am afraid he is just going to crash and fall apart because he can only be strong for so long and doesn't seem to have any close Christian guy friends who can help him. My mother I understand is also hurt but I believe they all need prayer. I am not sure what else to say or if i should say anything more because it is quite personal and I am only now just learning to be more of an open person...I used to be very closed. Anyhow please pray, I have noone else I can really turn to right now for this support.

shemaiah

Jan 28, 2011
I will be praying for your family. God bless

P

Ponderer

Offering up prayers on your behalf!

P

psychomom

Sweet child, may the Lord bless you for your love and concern for your family. ♥
You display the heart of Christ for us all to see.

I wish I had some terrific advice that would "fix" everything for you. :(
But I will surely pray for you and yours, and that you'll be able to rest in the promises of God and the prayers of the saints when you're at university, so that you can apply yourself to your studies and not be distracted by home worries. The Lord certainly loves your younger siblings, and you can safely leave them in His tender care, as well as your parents. :)

With love from a mother's heart,
ellie

B

becausehefirstlovedme

Thankyou all for your prayers <3

starfield

Jun 13, 2009
God will turn the impossible into possible in His time. Cast your worries and cares unto Him in prayer and He will answer. I will be praying for your family. Good luck in university.

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
Praying for you and your family....this is a very hard thing to go through. Do you think your parents can work through their problems? Will they seek outside help? It would also be a big help for the whole family to go to Christian counseling....do you attend church? Most churches have someone who can help with this.

Praying that you and your family members will use this conflict to work out problems and become closer. It's hard but conflict CAN bring people closer if God is brought into the situation.