prayers for my relationship and mental health

• Thread starter inloveandhopless
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I

inloveandhopless

Ive posted here for my relationship numerous times. Some are pure emotion and others more together. I'm married to a man I love dearly but who has emotional issues and tends to be emotionally abusive. He has anger problems. But I love him. I don't want to change him I just want to love him and be loved in return. He says the worst things to me and hurts me mentally. I try to not get angry and say hurtful things back but I do. Now he says hes done with me and doesn't love me...I don't want to lose him. I need wisdom on how to handle my life and strength because ive run out. Please please pray for me

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
Thank you Father for restoring this marriage , turn it all around Lord. In Jesus name
For your glory Lord

F

FunkyChristian85

Lord, help this marriage to be renewed, help this marriage overcome the obstacles placed within it and help these two people to find that love again that you have placed within them for each other. Help them to find the strength they both need and give them guidance along the right path. Amen

SweetShelly35

Feb 21, 2012
Dear Lord of Mercy and Father of Comfort,You are the One I turn to for help in moments of weakness and times of need. I ask you to be with your servant in this illness. Psalm 107:20 says that you send out your Word and heal. So then, please send your healing Word to your servant. In the name of Jesus, drive out all infirmity and sickness from her body. In Jesus name. Amen

Shelly xo

Dec 19, 2009
Ive posted here for my relationship numerous times. Some are pure emotion and others more together. I'm married to a man I love dearly but who has emotional issues and tends to be emotionally abusive. He has anger problems. But I love him. I don't want to change him I just want to love him and be loved in return. He says the worst things to me and hurts me mentally. I try to not get angry and say hurtful things back but I do. Now he says hes done with me and doesn't love me...I don't want to lose him. I need wisdom on how to handle my life and strength because ive run out. Please please pray for me
All you can do is your best.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Praying for this woman's husband to get help for his mental health issues.

Please understand that verbal abuse is still a abuse! You have a right to be free from abuse. Please get some counselling for yourself, to help you figure out some strategies to cope with a mentally ill husband.

V

vansfordave

Encourage him to seek professional help. Anger is the easiest emotion to feel, because it empowers us. There are usually other emotions under the surface that need to be processed in order to deal with the root of the issues. This should be done in a therapeutic setting. God tells us not to be given to our wrath.

Praying for you both.

R

Reallyhurting

Praying for you

T

TashMeyer76

Give your worries to Jesus - let him carry your burdens for you. This is not an easy situation you find yourself in and I'm sure many of your friends and family probably tells you to move on and leave him behind, and that just aint so easy, is it. All I am going to say is that you must be sure it is not a case of Co-dependency you are experiencing which sort of translates into love and care. But you know that God restores. And lucky in our case God is not a God who sits back and says "I help those who help themselves" God helps those who call on him.

You need to seek God in this, if your husband is not a saved Child of God, it is time that you pray for that to be the case, once he gives his life to Jesus, change will come naturally, until then continue to pray.

I'll pray for you too and for restoration of your soul.