Prayers for Persecuted Christians in Middle East

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

persNickety

I have been hearing more and more about Islamic Extremist Terrorist groups in Iraq targeting Christians and killing them. Men, women, children. Last thing I heard through social media was that a group was beheading children. Please let us come together pray for our brothers, sisters and the children of Christ, for God's protection and help. Pray that the Holy Spirit intervene. That aid will come to them. That the presence of Christ be with them. God be right there with them. That if/when any of these brothers and sisters do get killed that God gives them courage and makes His presences known in that moment. For peace to come upon them, for Him to call them Home.

Feb 11, 2014
Got to stop. GODs on it im agreeing in prayer!

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
Not only is it not going to stop, it's going to get worse and spread worldwide. Father God help us to prepare; and guide all of us worldwide to Your safety. May we - and these - overcome by the Blood of the Lamb. Amen

P

psychomom

Not only is it not going to stop, it's going to get worse and spread worldwide. Father God help us to prepare; and guide all of us worldwide to Your safety. May we - and these - overcome by the Blood of the Lamb. Amen
amen.
and even so, come Lord Jesus!

JimJimmers

Apr 26, 2012
Amen. Also, I pray for their persecutors. Just like Paul, they can be redeemed.

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord Jesus keep everyone under your protection, Amen

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
So sorry to hear this horrible news - I haven't had cable for live TV in 4+ years so have to rely on people telling me what is going on. Prayers go out to these people who are suffering and dying for their faith.

KBond

Jun 5, 2013
Lord, we ask You heavenly protection over these Christian families. May the lives who have been taken not be taken in vain. Let the whole earth bow on bended knee to You, oh Lord, who is worthy of our praise and admiration. In Christ's Name, Amen.

ChandlerFan

Jan 8, 2013
Just ran across this article, and thought it would be a good share since an article about the supposed beheadings was posted earlier in this thread.

FactChecker: Is ISIS Beheading Children in Iraq?

tl;dr - As believers, we have a responsibility to embrace and communicate the truth ('truth' in this case meaning true statements in general, not necessarily the gospel). There are reasons to believe that the report (singular usage here emphasized) of children being "systematically beheaded" could be a jump to conclusions rather than an accurate report of what is actually happening, and for that reason we should be careful about perpetuating something as fact that may not be fact at all. Of course the desperate need for prayer remains, though.

A

arwen-undomiel

Just ran across this article, and thought it would be a good share since an article about the supposed beheadings was posted earlier in this thread.

FactChecker: Is ISIS Beheading Children in Iraq?

tl;dr - As believers, we have a responsibility to embrace and communicate the truth ('truth' in this case meaning true statements in general, not necessarily the gospel). There are reasons to believe that the report (singular usage here emphasized) of children being "systematically beheaded" could be a jump to conclusions rather than an accurate report of what is actually happening, and for that reason we should be careful about perpetuating something as fact that may not be fact at all. Of course the desperate need for prayer remains, though.

"While it is possible that children are being beheaded by ISIS in Iraq, there is currently no credible evidence to support that claim. We should pray this report turn out to be just rumor and that whatever other crimes are being committed, that God is sparing the children of Iraq from “systematic beheading.”

I think we are missing the point here. Regardless of wording and accuracy- there are videos/ pictures. There are thousands of people stuck on a mountain starving and dying. So far 60 children have died from being on that mountain alone. I understand the need for truth, but I think we're focusing on the wrong thing right now.

ChandlerFan

Jan 8, 2013
I did say that the need for prayer remains, but we do need to be accurate and credible in the information we relay as much as we are able. It's not a shift in focus, it's more like a friendly reminder. And by knowing the facts we can know how to pray more accurately and specifically for their situation.