Praying before sleeping

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Stl99

Help me. I'm 16, and I am always praying for my family's health. And since I'm in boarding school now, my roommate doesn't believe in God. At home/hotels, I usually kneel near the window to pray, but my roommates bed is right next to it. So, I pray on my bed while lying down. And When I pray, I usually almost fall aleep. So, I'm scared what if while I'm praying, and I pray for the wrong things? I know God knows what we want before we even pray, but I'm scared what if I say the wrong things that I don't mean to say because I'm feeling drowsy and God take it as prayer?

I am always finding the need to repeat what I pray for because I really want God to bless my parents with good health and long lives.

A

atwhatcost

Help me. I'm 16, and I am always praying for my family's health. And since I'm in boarding school now, my roommate doesn't believe in God. At home/hotels, I usually kneel near the window to pray, but my roommates bed is right next to it. So, I pray on my bed while lying down. And When I pray, I usually almost fall aleep. So, I'm scared what if while I'm praying, and I pray for the wrong things? I know God knows what we want before we even pray, but I'm scared what if I say the wrong things that I don't mean to say because I'm feeling drowsy and God take it as prayer?

I am always finding the need to repeat what I pray for because I really want God to bless my parents with good health and long lives.
I know you repeat what you're praying for. I even know what you pray for is always for your parent's health and longevity. I really think you could use counseling, because you're caught in this one thing and have been caught in it at least as long as you've been on this site. (A couple of months.) From the intensity of your request over and over again, I really think you're fixated enough about this one thing that something is wrong and you could use counseling to move on with your life.

Ask your parents to set you up with a good counselor. Preferably a Christian counselor, but I'm not sure if your parents would do that for you. You really need counseling. This is a terrible thing to fixate on at any age.

Jan 27, 2015

God knows what you mean, He knows the desires of your heart, and He knows what's best for you. Because of these things, you don't have to worry.

Dec 18, 2013
God knows what you mean, He knows the desires of your heart, and He knows what's best for you. Because of these things, you don't have to worry.
This be the answer put best. Be of good comfort lady stl99, God is an understanding God, he loves you.

sandtigeress

Apr 29, 2013
don't worry. god knows your prayers and he knows your heart.
To come to sleep within prayer gives the best dreams :)

But if you want to have a special prayer time in the evening, without your roommate
belitteling you, while you are praying,
use a quite corner somewhere earlier or the bathroom.

Feb 7, 2015
During a sermon about a year ago, our preacher talked about this. He finally ended with the statement that it is a beautiful thing to fall asleep in his Fathers arms..... once he had gotten past the notion that God was looking for perfectly performed acts of a prayer, done in our manmade mode of "required", rehearsed, memorized and acted-out routine.

And "fear"? What's that have to do with talking to our Father? Nothing. Nothing at all.

Feb 7, 2015
don't worry. god knows your prayers and he knows your heart.
To come to sleep within prayer gives the best dreams :)

But if you want to have a special prayer time in the evening, without your roommate
belitteling you, while you are praying,
use a quite corner somewhere earlier or the bathroom.
So beautifully true!

Dec 19, 2009

The Lord is smart enough to know what you really want. He loves you very much. Stop worrying.

D

DryRoastedPeanuts

Hey I am Danny and im like 14, i got save around the begginning of august of this year, now like i dont got lots of answers, wsh i did but i think that god knows what we need and what we want but he just likes to hear it from us weather we say it out loud or just in our heads. i dont got my real parents no nore and i dont miss them but what i do got is a great new dad who just married this lady and she is nice also. so yeah i pray for them, mom im not so sure about if she is saved.
she dont like go t church i know she has a bible but i never see her use it, but who am i right i know i dont read mine every day.
sorry i got off topic, just keep doing what you are doing okay cause i believe that god knows what u r saying and wanting to say to him.

D

DryRoastedPeanuts

add me if u like, i am new here also
and i hve no idea how to add peopl,e as friends

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
add me if u like, i am new here also
and i hve no idea how to add peopl,e as friends

Hit the name and you will come up with "View Profile" at the top. Click on it, and it will lead you to add as a friend in their profile. Then it will ask you again. I think the person has to ok it, then you are friends.

Welcome to the forum, both of you! Sti99 and DryRoastedPeanuts.

I hope you will learn and grow in God as you read the posts and make friends.