Praying for daughter!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

MalcolmP

Oct 3, 2022
Hi All
Greetings and Blessings! I'm a 59 year old male married with 2 kids. My life has seen lots of ups and downs, but through it all, I have been conscious of a guardian angel watching over me! The main reason I joined this forum is to enlist the help of any prayer warrior out there! My 24 year old daughter (baptized and brought up in a Baptist background) has told me that she is an agnostic, and has been this way from the age of around 12 - 13 years, even though she kept up the facade of being a Christian (churchgoing with our family mostly). I feel responsible and now pray for Sheri every day. Talking/reasoning with her is near impossible because she withdraws completely whenever I broach the subject.
I know that I've given you guys not much of a background to work with, but please know that I appreciate any prayer and/or advice. My biggest fear/torment is that of THE UNFORGIVABLE SIN i.e. the notion that a saved/baptized Christian who purposely turns his/her back on God and denies His existence etc is condemned forever.

P

persistent

If You are serious and not just blowing smoke you may want to read the following or go to a site for complete text.
MacLaren Expositions Of Holy Scripture
Mark 6:1
And he went out from thence, and came into his own country; and his disciples follow him.
Mark

THE MASTER REJECTED: THE SERVANTS SENT FORTH

Mark 6:1 - Mark 6:13.

An easy day’s journey would carry Jesus and His followers from Capernaum, on the lake-side, to Nazareth, among the hills. What took our Lord back there? When last He taught in the synagogue of Nazareth, His life had been in danger; and now He thrusts Himself into the wolf’s den. Why? Mark seems to wish us to observe the connection between this visit and the great group of miracles which he has just recorded; and possibly the link may be our Lord’s hope that the report of these might have preceded Him and prepared His way. In His patient long-suffering He will give His fellow-villagers another chance; and His heart yearns for ‘His own country,’ and ‘His own kin,’ and ‘His own house,’ of which He speaks so pathetically in the context.

I. We have here unbelief born of familiarity, and its effects on Christ {Mark 6:1 - Mark 6:6}.

Observe the characteristic avoidance of display, and the regard for existing means of worship, shown in His waiting till the Sabbath, and then resorting to the synagogue. He and His hearers would both remember His last appearance in it; and He and they would both remember many a time before that, when, as a youth, He had sat there. The rage which had exploded on His first sermon has given place to calmer, but not less bitter, opposition. Mark paints the scene, and represents the hearers as discussing Jesus while He spoke. The decorous silence of the synagogue was broken by a hubbub of mutual questions. ‘Many’ spoke at once, and all had the same thing to say. The state of mind revealed is curious. They own Christ’s wisdom in His teaching, and the reality of His miracles, of which they had evidently heard; but the fact that He was one of themselves made them angry that He should have such gifts, and suspicious of where He had got them. They seem to have had the same opinion as Nathanael-that no ‘good thing’ could ‘come out of Nazareth.’ Their old companion could not be a prophet; that was certain. But He had wisdom and miraculous power; that was as certain. Where had they come from? There was only one other source; and so, with many headshakings, they were preparing to believe that the Jesus whom they had all known, living His quiet life of labour among them, was in league with the devil, rather than believe that He was a messenger from God.

We note in their questions, first, the glimpse of our Lord’s early life. They bring before us the quiet, undistinguished home and the long years of monotonous labour. We owe to Mark alone the notice that Jesus actually wrought at Joseph’s handicraft. Apparently the latter was dead, and, if so, Jesus would be the head of the house, and probably the ‘breadwinner.’ One of the fathers preserves the tradition that He ‘made plows and yokes, by which He taught the symbols of righteousness and an active life.’ That good father seems to think it needful to find symbolical meanings, in order to save Christ’s dignity; but the prose fact that He toiled at the carpenter’s bench, and handled hammer and saw, needs nothing to heighten its value as a sign of His true participation in man’s lot, and as the hallowing of manual toil. How many weary arms have grasped their tools with new vigour and contentment when they thought of Him as their Pattern in their narrow toils! The Nazarenes’ difficulty was but one case of a universal tendency. Nobody finds it easy to believe that some village child, who has grown up beside him, and whose undistinguished outside life he knows, has turned out a genius or a great man. The last people to recognise a prophet are always his kindred and his countrymen. ‘Far-away birds have fine feathers.’ Men resent it as a kind of slight on themselves that the other, who was one of them but yesterday, should be so far above them to-day. They are mostly too blind to look below the surface, and they conclude that, because they saw so much of the external life, they knew the man that lived it. The elders of Nazareth had seen Jesus grow up, and to them He would be ‘the carpenter’s son’ still. The more important people had known the humbleness of His home, and could not adjust themselves to look up to Him, instead of down. His equals in age would find their boyish remembrances too strong for accepting Him as a prophet. All of them did just what the most of us would have done, when they took it for certain that the Man whom they had known so well, as they fancied, could not be a prophet, to say nothing of the Messiah so long looked for. It is easy to blame them; but it is better to learn the warning in their words, and to take care that we are not blind to some true messenger of God just because we have been blessed with close companionship with him. Many a household has had to wait for death to take away the prophet before they discern him. Some of us entertain ‘angels unawares,’ and have bitterly to feel, when too late, that our eyes were holden that we should not know them.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

Welcome!
:)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Hi All
Greetings and Blessings! I'm a 59 year old male married with 2 kids. My life has seen lots
of ups and downs, but through it all, I have been conscious of a guardian angel watching
over me! The main reason I joined this forum is to enlist the help of any prayer warrior out
there! My 24 year old daughter (baptized and brought up in a Baptist background) has told
me that she is an agnostic, and has been this way from the age of around 12 - 13 years,
even though she kept up the façade of being a Christian (churchgoing with our family
mostly). I feel responsible and now pray for Sheri every day. Talking/reasoning with her
is near impossible because she withdraws completely whenever I broach the subject.

I know that I've given you guys not much of a background to work with, but please know
that I appreciate any prayer and/or advice. My biggest fear/torment is that of THE
UNFORGIVABLE SIN i.e. the notion that a saved/baptized Christian who purposely turns
his/her back on God and denies His existence etc is condemned forever.
I was raised in a Roman Catholic home, but did not grasp the Truth of Jesus Christ,
my need of a Savior, or the riches of Scripture until I was almost fifty years old, as
I rejected religion in general and Christianity in particular, rebelled against the
strictures and traditions of my upbringing, and struck out on my own... seeking.
Clearly I was lost for many years, but nobody could have turned me but God
Himself, and He did. So I understand what you are dealing with to some extent
at least, and where Sheri is coming from as well. Trust Him to draw her in His
own way and time that she may learn the lessons that will best allow her to
best help others when His hand is finally and irrevocably upon her.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Nice to have you joining us MalcolmP and welcome to CC! First, Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God 🙏 Phil 4:6 Don't fear but put your trust in the Father, He is so good. Also a Scripture to stand on Prov 22:6
'Teach children how they should live, and they will remember it all their life'. God bless you and your family!
Btw I had to look up your country, learned something new😃

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
Hi All
Greetings and Blessings! I'm a 59 year old male married with 2 kids. My life has seen lots of ups and downs, but through it all, I have been conscious of a guardian angel watching over me! The main reason I joined this forum is to enlist the help of any prayer warrior out there! My 24 year old daughter (baptized and brought up in a Baptist background) has told me that she is an agnostic, and has been this way from the age of around 12 - 13 years, even though she kept up the facade of being a Christian (churchgoing with our family mostly). I feel responsible and now pray for Sheri every day. Talking/reasoning with her is near impossible because she withdraws completely whenever I broach the subject.
I know that I've given you guys not much of a background to work with, but please know that I appreciate any prayer and/or advice. My biggest fear/torment is that of THE UNFORGIVABLE SIN i.e. the notion that a saved/baptized Christian who purposely turns his/her back on God and denies His existence etc is condemned forever.
Hi Mal

First of all your worst fear is an unfounded one. If she was saved she is still saved be confident of the Lord's work. But I do not know if she was saved.

Your ONLY hope is prayer and love. Don't preach at her. Have faith, God is well able.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
My biggest fear/torment is that of THE UNFORGIVABLE SIN i.e. the notion that a saved/baptized Christian who purposely turns his/her back on God and denies His existence etc is condemned forever.
Such things are above and beyond us. We are to simply love and pray for them. She is still young, and this world is a warped and deceitful place. I will pray with you that Sheri's blinded eyes be opened (or reopened) to the love of Jesus. Never give up on her. That would be playing directly into Satan's hands.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
Dear Father in heaven,

Please be with brother MalcolmP and give him Your peace that passes all understanding. Watch over his daughter Sheri and bring people across her path that will lead her to You. I know your presence is with us all and use your Holy Spirit to touch her heart so that she will realize her need of You.

Your timing is not ours as we want it to be done right now so I ask that you will continue to pursue her as I know you already are and that she will have a change of heart. Thank You for answering our prayers in Jesus name Amen.

MalcolmP

Oct 3, 2022
Hi Mal

First of all your worst fear is an unfounded one. If she was saved she is still saved be confident of the Lord's work. But I do not know if she was saved.

Your ONLY hope is prayer and love. Don't preach at her. Have faith, God is well able.
Hi Evmur (Hope I got your name correct!) Thanks for your support and yes, that's what I do every day - just pray and commit it to the Lord. Stay blessed! Mal

MalcolmP

Oct 3, 2022
I was raised in a Roman Catholic home, but did not grasp the Truth of Jesus Christ,
my need of a Savior, or the riches of Scripture until I was almost fifty years old, as
I rejected religion in general and Christianity in particular, rebelled against the
strictures and traditions of my upbringing, and struck out on my own... seeking.
Clearly I was lost for many years, but nobody could have turned me but God
Himself, and He did. So I understand what you are dealing with to some extent
at least, and where Sheri is coming from as well. Trust Him to draw her in His
own way and time that she may learn the lessons that will best allow her to
best help others when His hand is finally and irrevocably upon her.
Hi there! Thanks and I really appreciate those words of support! I'll continue to pray without ceasing!. Stay blessed!

MalcolmP

Oct 3, 2022
Dear Father in heaven,

Please be with brother MalcolmP and give him Your peace that passes all understanding. Watch over his daughter Sheri and bring people across her path that will lead her to You. I know your presence is with us all and use your Holy Spirit to touch her heart so that she will realize her need of You.

Your timing is not ours as we want it to be done right now so I ask that you will continue to pursue her as I know you already are and that she will have a change of heart. Thank You for answering our prayers in Jesus name Amen.
Amen! Amen! Amen!

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Dear Father in heaven,

Please add my prayer to yours for this member and his daughter.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
Malcolm,

I just prayed for Sheri.
I've observed kids who grow up in church don't always get saved. Often they will pray a sinner's prayer with a Jr. church worker, but there's a common problem even in many otherwise good Baptist churches. Sometimes a Sunday school teacher, VBS worker, or Jr Church pastor preaches a false gospel. I've heard it many times. My own niece and nephew were raised in a Baptist church where the pastor taught a hard core works salvation. The essential issues of the true gospel were missing.

Children are then assumed to be saved, so no further attempts to lead them to Christ by a real believer are taken. As they attend a public school or college, they come across a "professional" atheist who is an evangelist for his own religion. This is usually where the young adults have the little bit of faith trained right out of them. Since they trusted good works for salvation, the Holy Spirit is not indwelling them to correct, reprove, and teach them. However, the good news is the gospel. I don't know if she went through the above scenario, but it is a very common one.

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek."
Romans 1:16

The clear gospel is the power of God unto salvation. That is exactly what she needs.
Don't despair. I know a pastor who got married after highschool graduation to a European gal who was agnostic. He first led her to Christ after talking to her about twenty times, if I remember correctly. If I run across the testimony, I'll try to remember to post it for you here as an encouragement.
If you would like a video gospel presentation from him, I have a few that you can choose from for the asking. He's one of the best soul winners that I know of and would be the right tool in your hand for this problem.

Have a good day.
☕🙂👍