Praying for my family

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Stl99

Ok, so whenever I pray, I pray for my parents health. And I say to God that I didn't spend as much time as I could have with my parents. But I ask if God can give me another chance. So, I ask for God's blessing if he can bless my parents so that they will have really good health and safety and happiness. And that they will have long lives.

Also, I am always praying through out the entire day, like I cannot go one day without praying because I am scared of my parents' health you know? So I keep praying, thinking the more I pray, the more Likely will God answer my prayer.

So what should I do? Will God answer my prayers? And what should I do about me praying non stop?

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Everyone gets old and dies. Some people die younger and some when they are older. So prepare yourself for the fact that one day, they will die. And that is simply the fact of life.

What concerns me more about your OP, is first treating God as though he is a fairy godmother. Like you think if you ask, even if it is not God's will, then God is obligated to answer your prayer.

Second, you sound like you have severe anxiety about something that has not happened. You need to see both a doctor to talk about this, because this kind of thing only seems to get worse as you age. You don't say how old you are, but if you are very young, it might be a legitimate worry - because your parents care for you!

If you are older than 20, then this is an irrational fear, and you do need to deal with it.

Happiness is not a response to prayers for happiness. Rather it is a result of walking with God. I think that praying for your parents to serve God is a better prayer, and more likely to get answered, unless they are not saved.

If they are not saved, then a prayer for salvation is your best answer.

Praying you get some help! Praying non-stop is not wrong, but it is, if it is for the wrong reasons.

A

atwhatcost

Ok, so whenever I pray, I pray for my parents health. And I say to God that I didn't spend as much time as I could have with my parents. But I ask if God can give me another chance. So, I ask for God's blessing if he can bless my parents so that they will have really good health and safety and happiness. And that they will have long lives.

Also, I am always praying through out the entire day, like I cannot go one day without praying because I am scared of my parents' health you know? So I keep praying, thinking the more I pray, the more Likely will God answer my prayer.

So what should I do? Will God answer my prayers? And what should I do about me praying non stop?
Ask your parents to take you to the doctors. I think there is something wrong. You've been asking this same question quite often since you joined this site. I don't think it will get any better until you get help. This simply isn't normal behavior for anyone of any age, but you're fixated on it.