Praying to an all-knowing God

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CatheJule

Dec 26, 2023
Since God is all-knowing, the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, and everything in-between...God controls everything, He knows and sees everything. He created everything, He knows the past, present and future. He already knows what's going to happen before and after we pray.

Therefore, why should we pray for things to happen when God already knows the outcome? Then when the outcome doesn't happen as planned, we feel foolish because we prayed in faith. So isn't that saying that our praying in faith is not really as effective as we thought?

Example: We pray for a loved one to get well from sickness in the hospital. We pray by faith, we pray for healing, and we know for sure, that because of our faith in Him that everything works together for the good of those that trust Him. But...days later, that loved one's health has failed, slowly but surely, day by day; and yet, we still pray, believing for a miracle until suddenly, that loved one is gone.

So....in the long run, isn't it natural to feel a little foolish because 1) we prayed by faith, 2) we stood on the word of God, 3) we trust and believe Him for a healing miracle. But, it just didn't work out that way.

So in other words, God already knew the outcome of that tragic situation, before, during, and after we prayed about it, but we just didn't know it would turn out that way. Kinda like saying, us praying about it was pointless....a waste of time.

Another example, you know someone who's struggling financially, and you pray for them to receive a great blessing and receive a little breathing room (so to speak) as to not worry about tomorrow's debts and financial woes. God ends up blessing them beyond measure, beyond their belief! They are glad and you rejoice over their blessing because you know that God heard and answered your prayer on their behalf. But....later on you stop and wonder, did I REALLY need to pray for that person, or did God already have it in His plan to bless them anyway? Regardless if I prayed or not? So, it makes you wonder, do our prayers REALLY necessary? Do our prayers REALLY matter? Because one way or the other, whatever will happen will happen (or won't happen) not because we prayed for it, but because God already had it in His divine plan

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Since God is all-knowing, the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, and everything in-between...God controls everything, He knows and sees everything. He created everything, He knows the past, present and future. He already knows what's going to happen before and after we pray.

Therefore, why should we pray for things to happen when God already knows the outcome? Then when the outcome doesn't happen as planned, we feel foolish because we prayed in faith. So isn't that saying that our praying in faith is not really as effective as we thought?

Example: We pray for a loved one to get well from sickness in the hospital. We pray by faith, we pray for healing, and we know for sure, that because of our faith in Him that everything works together for the good of those that trust Him. But...days later, that loved one's health has failed, slowly but surely, day by day; and yet, we still pray, believing for a miracle until suddenly, that loved one is gone.

So....in the long run, isn't it natural to feel a little foolish because 1) we prayed by faith, 2) we stood on the word of God, 3) we trust and believe Him for a healing miracle. But, it just didn't work out that way.

So in other words, God already knew the outcome of that tragic situation, before, during, and after we prayed about it, but we just didn't know it would turn out that way. Kinda like saying, us praying about it was pointless....a waste of time.

Another example, you know someone who's struggling financially, and you pray for them to receive a great blessing and receive a little breathing room (so to speak) as to not worry about tomorrow's debts and financial woes. God ends up blessing them beyond measure, beyond their belief! They are glad and you rejoice over their blessing because you know that God heard and answered your prayer on their behalf. But....later on you stop and wonder, did I REALLY need to pray for that person, or did God already have it in His plan to bless them anyway? Regardless if I prayed or not? So, it makes you wonder, do our prayers REALLY necessary? Do our prayers REALLY matter? Because one way or the other, whatever will happen will happen (or won't happen) not because we prayed for it, but because God already had it in His divine plan
Jesus prayed for the cup to pass from Him. He also prayed that God's will be done. So we shouldn't feel foolish concerning our prayers. We should, however, be willing to accept whatever God chooses.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

Pray for knowledge of God's will in your life, and that you be given the power and strength to carry it out.

Prayer is not meant to bend God's will to our own, but to assist you in aligning your will with His.

Welcome!

Christmas 2023
:)

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
23“Truly I tell you that if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and has no doubt in his heart but believes that it will happen, it will be done for him. 24Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours" Mk 11:23-24. This is the Scripture that Kenneth Hagin used to be healed of 3 mortal diseases. It took a while and he asked the Lord why he wasn't getting better and was told he didn't know enough. One thing he needed to do was 'hold fast to the profession of his faith'. One should speak the word out continually while believing it. 'Thank You Lord I believe I receive my healing according to your word 'By His stripes I am healed'. That's also what Dodie Osteen did when in Dec 1981 she was told she had a tumor the size of an orange on her liver and had just a few weeks to live. Her husband told the Dr 'we believe in miracles'. They spoke to the tumor to go and she started confessing healing Scriptures over herself daily. She survived and just turned 90 yrs old🙌🙌🙌 She still quotes Scriptures every morning.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Do our prayers REALLY matter? Because one way or the other, whatever will happen will happen
(or won't happen) not because we prayed for it, but because God already had it in His divine plan
Genesis 18
And the LORD said, “Shall I hide from Abraham what I am about to do? 18Abraham will surely
become a great and powerful nation, and through him all the nations of the earth will be blessed.
19For I have chosen him, so that he will command his children and his household after him to keep
the way of the LORD by doing what is right and just, in order that the LORD may bring upon Abraham
what He has promised.”

20Then the LORD said, “The outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is great. Because their sin is so grievous,
21I will go down to see if their actions fully justify the outcry that has reached Me. If not, I will find out.”

22And the two men turned away and went toward Sodom, but Abraham remained standing before the LORD.

23Abraham stepped forward and said, “Will You really sweep away the righteous with the wicked?
24What if there are fifty righteous ones in the city? Will You really sweep it away and not spare the
place for the sake of the fifty righteous ones who are there? 25Far be it from You to do such a thing—
to kill the righteous with the wicked, so that the righteous and the wicked are treated alike. Far be it
from You! Will not the Judge of all the earth do what is right?”

26So the LORD replied, “If I find fifty righteous ones within the city of Sodom, on their account I will spare the whole place.”

27Then Abraham answered, “Now that I have ventured to speak to the Lord—though I am but dust and
ashes— 28suppose the fifty righteous ones lack five. Will You destroy the whole city for the lack of five?”

He replied, “If I find forty-five there, I will not destroy it.”

29Once again Abraham spoke to the LORD, “Suppose forty are found there?”

He answered, “On account of the forty, I will not do it.”

30Then Abraham said, “May the Lord not be angry, but let me speak further. Suppose thirty are found there?”

He replied, “If I find thirty there, I will not do it.”

31And Abraham said, “Now that I have ventured to speak to the Lord, suppose twenty are found there?”

He answered, “On account of the twenty, I will not destroy it.”

32Finally, Abraham said, “May the Lord not be angry, but let me speak once more. Suppose ten are found there?”

And He answered, “On account of the ten, I will not destroy it.”

33When the LORD had finished speaking with Abraham, He departed, and Abraham returned home.