Praying to go to be with the Father

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
H

HulaAngel

Is it right or wrong to pray to leave this world and go to be with the Father since a christian can not kill themselves, because they are in a bad marriage?

yac11

Mar 24, 2013
I believe it is wrong. I don't know scripture enough to give you a verse on it. But I do know God and I believe that if you know his son Jesus, then you would agree with me.

Is there something you like to get off your chest?

B

Bistabuster

To properly answer that question, more information is needed. Also, I may suggest to you that this would be best to be handled privately. Not with me, mind you, but with a Pastor or counselor.

Whatever the problem is, this, in my opinion, is not the place to handle such a serious personal problem.
My prayers are with you.

K

kenisyes

Elijah did it, after one of his greatest triumphs. I Kings 19:4

But I'd really rather see God heal the marriage (like He healed Elijah's spirit).

starfield

Jun 13, 2009
Is it right or wrong to pray to leave this world and go to be with the Father since a christian can not kill themselves, because they are in a bad marriage?
Hang in there. I pray that God revive your marriage. Have faith in Him.:)

May 15, 2013
That is what God wants; He wants us to desire to be with Him, but most of us will not let go of this world.

John 11:44 The dead man came out, his hands and feet wrapped with strips of linen, and a cloth around his face. Jesus said to them, “Take off the grave clothes and let him go.

Psalm 69:4
Those who hate me without reason outnumber the hairs of my head; many are my enemies without cause, those who seek to destroy me. I am forced to restore what I did not steal.

W

Water1944

Hi Hula, God's blessings on you. To pray to leave the world must mean things for you are pretty bad. God already knows everything before you pray about it. I don't know if it's right or wrong, only God could say. It is never wrong to pray and tell Him that you are in total desperation. Is there anyone who can help you? Is there a pastor you can talk to? I am praying for you, for strength,hope,peace and wisdom. God bless.

C

Canny

In my opinion, it's wrong........... You have other choices.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Hula said 'they' are in a bad marriage; now all of a sudden we are sure it is her?