praying???

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

brooke55555

I've somehow forgotten how or when to pray. It doesn't come natural to me anymore. What can I do?

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
Start praying again from your heart. Talk to him about everything, he cares about you

B_Daring

Oct 28, 2013
I have struggled with that on and off. If I were to give any advice, it would be to pray about that struggle to pray. Share with Him constantly, there is never a wrong time to pray or a wrong thing to pray about. There is no need to mince your words or talk fancy with Him, because He already knows everything on your heart and mind. You don't even have to have the 'right' words. Give Him thanks and pray for yourself and others the best you know how. It gets easier with practice.

jb

Feb 27, 2010
I've somehow forgotten how or when to pray. It doesn't come natural to me anymore. What can I do?
Funny enough..."practise makes perfect"!

You might also want to have a look at This short blog of mine on prayer...

Yahweh Shalom...

R

Rush

Think about prayer like this... Just like it breaks parents hearts to see their children isolate themselves in their pain, and not talk to them or reach out to them; how much more do you think it breaks God's heart.
He's the perfect Father, and he wants us to talk to him no matter where we are in life :)

One thing I do if I can't think of how to start praying, I just start saying things I'm thankful for over the spectrum of my entire existence. God is pretty awesome and he always ends up finding a way to help me open up more to him the more I pray thankfulness.
But if that's too much for you now, just ask that he'll meet you where you are, then talk to him about that. He's God, he loves you, and he's perfectly faithful :)
God bless Sister.