Predestination Can We Debunk This

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

Charlamane

Because the clay was apparently programmed by the potter to ask why? Otherwise, why would we?

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Please give thought to this. Many, when reading of predestination, are not thinking further than the word and its definition. My understanding is that our Heavenly Father predestines us when we accept His Only Begotten Son as our Savior. I know when the Holy Spirit entered into me with such Life and Joy, I was also told (not in words but in Spirit) "Everything is going to be just fine." It seems to me at that moment I was predestined by our glorious God. I pray this is good, and that it helps.

Mar 10, 2013
Not if we believe the Bible.

Romans 9

9 For this is what the promise said: “About this time next year I will return, and Sarah shall have a son.”

10 And not only so, but also when Rebekah had conceived children by one man, our forefather Isaac,

11 though they were not yet born and had done nothing either good or bad—in order that God's purpose of election might continue, not because of works but because of him who calls—

12 she was told, “The older will serve the younger.”

13 As it is written, “Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.”

14 What shall we say then? Is there injustice on God's part? By no means!

15 For he says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.”
16 So then it depends not on human will or exertion, but on God, who has mercy.

17 For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, “For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I might show my power in you, and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.”
18 So then he has mercy on whomever he wills, and he hardens whomever he wills.

19 You will say to me then, “Why does he still find fault? For who can resist his will?”

20 But who are you, O man, to answer back to God? Will what is molded say to its molder, “Why have you made me like this?”

21 Has the potter no right over the clay, to make out of the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for dishonorable use?

22 What if God, desiring to show his wrath and to make known his power, has endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction,
23 in order to make known the riches of his glory for vessels of mercy, which he has prepared beforehand for glory—

24 even us whom he has called, not from the Jews only but also from the Gentiles?

Last edited:

PS

Jan 11, 2013
Does God know the future? Will people reject him? If your answer to both is "yes", then you have the same problem.

I'll take it up a notch.

Why bother having Jesus die if he knew some people wouldn't accept his grace? Why not just die for those he knows will believe? He wouldn't be wasting his time or his death...
Red. Then there would be no salvation for those who come believing in acceptance of His grace.

Blue. He died so that even those who do not believe might repent and come believing.

PS

Jan 11, 2013
So, if God has indeed predestined something, why do we so many professing christians avoid this word like the plague? (See OP)
It is because the word predestined is misunderstood and misused that people avoid using it.

Everyone is predestined for salvation, this is why the Lord Jesus is 'the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.'

Adam and Eve were disobedient but they were not predestined to be disobedient, rather the opposite.

PS

Jan 11, 2013
Please give thought to this. Many, when reading of predestination, are not thinking further than the word and its definition. My understanding is that our Heavenly Father predestines us when we accept His Only Begotten Son as our Savior. I know when the Holy Spirit entered into me with such Life and Joy, I was also told (not in words but in Spirit) "Everything is going to be just fine." It seems to me at that moment I was predestined by our glorious God. I pray this is good, and that it helps.
Would you agree that those who accept Christ as their saviour become the elect?

element

Jul 12, 2011
I think God can look into the future and see who will be saved, but he still has to teach and work in the world in order for things to come to completion. I suppose our task is to keep sincerely seeking God and he will guide us to there.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
When one repents and accepts Jesus Christ, Yeshua, as the Lord and Savior, he is predestined to be with God, Yahweh, as one of His Children, an heir with the King, predestined is foreknown, from the moment one is yielded to Yahweh by the Blood of His Only Son, that is, accepting the free gift of salvation.
Would you agree that those who accept Christ as their saviour become the elect?

E

eternally-gratefull

Does God know the future? Will people reject him? If your answer to both is "yes", then you have the same problem.

I'll take it up a notch.

Why bother having Jesus die if he knew some people wouldn't accept his grace? Why not just die for those he knows will believe? He wouldn't be wasting his time or his death...
I disagree.

If Christ died for ONLY those he knew would believe and not everyone else. he has no way to prove his infinite love for his creation.

If he died for ALL people. then he proves his infinite love, and also give no man an excuse. He took their penalty and offered it to them.. It is not his fault they rejected him, and they can not go on saying he was not a loving God