Preminitions

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 8, 2013
A week or so ago, I was on a bus on the way home from a place, and I had a feeling that someone close to me would call and ask me to go out with them for the night.

When the bus drove past their house, they immediately called and asked me to go out that night.

A week or so before that, I was in one of the closets in the house looking for something, and I had a feeling that a family member would come in to help me. There was nobody in the house, and nobody was due back from work. A moment later, a family member came in early from work and asked me what I was looking for, and decided to help.

Last night, i couldn't sleep. I was thinking about my girlfriend and for some reason I felt extremely uneasy. It kept me up all night.

This morning she contacted me to say that she felt as though our relationship wasn't working for her and she wished to become single.

Can anyone explain this?

U

Ugly

Yeah, don't make something out of nothing. I get things like that once in a while, i don't make anything out of it. You haven't really any verification that it means anything.

Mar 8, 2013
It's happened to me at periods throughout my life. And the last few months it's been happening more frequently. I suppose it could just be finely attuned instincts but even at that, it's pretty astounding.

leelee

Sep 5, 2011
it happens to me all th time but i agree with ugly, it is not in any way reliable so just accept that it sometimes happens.

N

Nancyer

Many years ago my sister, who was working at a Kentucky Fried Chicken at the time, got a fortune cookie and the message inside said "expect to see an old flame". Sure enough 2 or 3 days later her old boyfriend walked into her KFC just to order some chicken. They talked half the night but nothing came of it. A few days after that she had another fortune cookie (they sold them at her KFC) and this message said "a good friend waits to see you", and the following week she ran into a girl she was close with in high school and they rekindled that friendship and are still close to this day. There was a 3rd cookie message that came true, but I can't remember the message. These things happen. Perhaps just to show us God is close or that there is something at work bigger than we are, who knows.

Sep 12, 2012
I have this kind of stuff happen as well... I suppose a lot of people do. I don't think it makes us super-human or anything-- except for me because I'm Spiderman.

Mine usually lead up to something negative, though it's typically nothing serious. I'm just at least able to give people a fair warning and then it's done.

I agree that you shouldn't read too much into it, I think many of us are just built with a natural 'sixth-sense' like that.

B

BarlyGurl

meshellam... the bible says to test the spirits. "certain premonitions" can be vain imaginations from ourselves, demonic influence or the holy spirit. I suggest you be very careful in following or "listening" to this as If it is from Holy spirit you SHOULD, if vain imagination... it's your own self and unreliable, if demonic... it is very stealthy and will cause you ruin.
Building yourself in faith thru the word will help you discern, and being obedient to the word will also help you to be sensitive to the voice of God.

A

Ariel82

A week or so ago, I was on a bus on the way home from a place, and I had a feeling that someone close to me would call and ask me to go out with them for the night.

When the bus drove past their house, they immediately called and asked me to go out that night.
maybe they saw you on the bus?

A week or so before that, I was in one of the closets in the house looking for something, and I had a feeling that a family member would come in to help me. There was nobody in the house, and nobody was due back from work. A moment later, a family member came in early from work and asked me what I was looking for, and decided to help.
really not that strange since if they came home from work on time and offered to help it would still fulfill you "feeling"

Last night, i couldn't sleep. I was thinking about my girlfriend and for some reason I felt extremely uneasy. It kept me up all night.

This morning she contacted me to say that she felt as though our relationship wasn't working for her and she wished to become single.

Can anyone explain this?
that one is easy. your ex girl probably wanted to break up with you for some time and was giving you signals that you ignored but part of you knew not all was right in your relationship, which is why you were up anyways.

you could also might be tested right now to see if you would make a good medium or be lured into the occult for the "thrill" and false sense of "power" knowing the future might give you.

I'd do a Bible search on the words: Soothsaying and Familiar Spirits.

don't want to freak you out but sometimes its better just to be normal and run the race according to the rules.

Mar 8, 2013
I have this kind of stuff happen as well... I suppose a lot of people do. I don't think it makes us super-human or anything-- except for me because I'm Spiderman.

Mine usually lead up to something negative, though it's typically nothing serious. I'm just at least able to give people a fair warning and then it's done.

I agree that you shouldn't read too much into it, I think many of us are just built with a natural 'sixth-sense' like that.
Lol because you're spiderman. Yea I think that's it. An instinct that's built into us, so when the Green Goblin is coming round the corner we can get prepared.

Mar 8, 2013
maybe they saw you on the bus?

really not that strange since if they came home from work on time and offered to help it would still fulfill you "feeling"

that one is easy. your ex girl probably wanted to break up with you for some time and was giving you signals that you ignored but part of you knew not all was right in your relationship, which is why you were up anyways.

you could also might be tested right now to see if you would make a good medium or be lured into the occult for the "thrill" and false sense of "power" knowing the future might give you.

I'd do a Bible search on the words: Soothsaying and Familiar Spirits.

don't want to freak you out but sometimes its better just to be normal and run the race according to the rules.
They never saw me ont he bus they were working away somewhere else.

And the girlfriend thing, I guess that might be true. But women are so complex. She just went the opposite of her usual personality within a day or two. And in fact, in the days leading up to it she'd been making plans for us to go away this summer and for me to meet her extended family, so I don't really know how it can be seen as 'giving signals' for months. If there were anything, like a decline in affection or a more cold manner, before three or four days ago, I would have noticed. As I found out, she can be very cold and callous, she just 'turned the tap off', and I'll never understand how women can just do that about someone they 'care' about. I was pretty disappointed that she hadn't told me the truth of how she was feeling sooner, before her mind had been made up and she'd spoken to her friends about it. I do think that a woman should come to her partner if she has any issues instead of getting her friends' opinions and making decisions based on them. *sigh* So I guess that's that.

Thanks for the opinions guys.

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
They never saw me ont he bus they were working away somewhere else.

And the girlfriend thing, I guess that might be true. But women are so complex. She just went the opposite of her usual personality within a day or two. And in fact, in the days leading up to it she'd been making plans for us to go away this summer and for me to meet her extended family, so I don't really know how it can be seen as 'giving signals' for months. If there were anything, like a decline in affection or a more cold manner, before three or four days ago, I would have noticed. As I found out, she can be very cold and callous, she just 'turned the tap off', and I'll never understand how women can just do that about someone they 'care' about. I was pretty disappointed that she hadn't told me the truth of how she was feeling sooner, before her mind had been made up and she'd spoken to her friends about it. I do think that a woman should come to her partner if she has any issues instead of getting her friends' opinions and making decisions based on them. *sigh* So I guess that's that.

Thanks for the opinions guys.
Sorry your girlfriend did this to you :(. But not all women are like this! There are some very nice ones out there so don't let this experience scare you off. You're right, she should have been talking to you about what was going on in her head. Some people are very impulsive and make snap decisions without really thinking them out. Once their decision is made, they would never change their mind. Praying that a nice Christian girl comes into your life :).

Mar 8, 2013
Sorry your girlfriend did this to you :(. But not all women are like this! There are some very nice ones out there so don't let this experience scare you off. You're right, she should have been talking to you about what was going on in her head. Some people are very impulsive and make snap decisions without really thinking them out. Once their decision is made, they would never change their mind. Praying that a nice Christian girl comes into your life :).
Thank you for the kind words. That seems to be a pretty good way of putting it actually lol. Well it isn't the first time and it probably won't be the last but maybe there does exist an honest gentle little thing out there who really wants a man for keeps. I'm not so sure these days .... I'm thinking of getting one of those stickers. 'A man ain't just for christmas' lol

Oh well.