premonition or anxiety

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

brittrs

Hello all, I am currently 36 weeks pregnant and have had a horrible feeling I will die during childbirth since about 33-34 weeks. My OB says it is anxiety and I truly hope that it is, but I feel like everything is a sign and its some sort of premonition or God warning me. Does God warn you of these things and give signs that you will die or how you will or is this just my anxiety? I have been super scared.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Hello all, I am currently 36 weeks pregnant and have had a horrible feeling I will die during childbirth since about 33-34 weeks. My OB says it is anxiety and I truly hope that it is, but I feel like everything is a sign and its some sort of premonition or God warning me. Does God warn you of these things and give signs that you will die or how you will or is this just my anxiety? I have been super scared.

It's just anxiety. Is this your first child? I'm sure many first-time mothers get nervous during their pregnancy. It is NOT a sign or a premonition. God doesn't warn us when we're going to die. If he did, we could prepare. Now stop worrying and keep a positive outlook. :)

U

Ugly

Well, if God chooses to He can, but i would say it's not the norm. Anxiety creates a fear of death and a sense that you are dying. I have a good friend who has had this feeling countless times just in the past year alone, that i've known her. Always for different reasons. She had a virus and mostly precautionary she spent 2 days in the hospital. She asked every doctor and nurse if she was going to die. She kept telling me she was afraid she was going to die from it. She didn't. Then a week or two later her sister, who she rarely talks to, died. Then my friend was afraid that whatever killed her sister would kill her too. Then a few weeks later a cousin of hers that i didn't even know existed died and she freaked out once again. If she coughs too much she thinks she's going to die. Everything is, in her mind, going to kill her. Yet none of these things ever has. And she always wonders if God is showing her something, but He isn't.
Some people just worry about that more than others and try to find a reasonable explanation, such as a warning from God, but really it's just anxiety. So i wouldn't worry.
God is not a God of anxiety, so He's not going to commonly go around warning people days or weeks or months in advance of their death, only to cause them fear and anxiety.

dave_in_KWC

May 21, 2014
KWC, Ontario
brittrs, are you a believer in the saving forgiveness of Jesus Christ of Nazareth?

I'm assuming so, but if so, you may want to ask the Lord the q's you are asking us... Then be quiet and wait to see if you sense in your spirit an "answer" - share what you get her so others can help you and if you know the Scriptures test what you "heard" against God's Holy Word. You may want to see your/a reputable pastor or Christian Counsellor as well. Anxiety is just a fancy word for fear or worry oft times. God does not want us to walk in fear and worry (Read Matthew 7), but we need lotsa love and community and wise elders to help us to navigate thru our fears and worry. It is a big deal getting over chronic fear & worry for many. Seek out your faith in God and get some good mentoring... And happy pregnancy to you, you WILL get thru this... What does your hubby say about all this, is he able to comfort and pray for you, too?

Blessings and feel free to send me a note here, if ya like! I've had lotsa expereince dealing with fear & worry in my life and in the lives of others: successfully, in Jesus! \o/

dave_in_KWC

May 21, 2014
KWC, Ontario
brittrs, I apologize... I see from your profile now that you are not married. Please ignore my q about a husband... Grace, grace, grace to you!

B

brittrs

I do believe in the saving forgiveness of Jesus Christ. I have prayed and prayed hoping for some answer but the thoughts are still there constantly... I wake up in the middle of the night, I'm thinking about it. It has just made me really sad because I want to be able to raise my baby girl and be with my family.

Chance assures me that all will be fine and that it's the devil putting these thoughts in my head and making me believe them. And that it isn't some sort of premonition or intuition. I guess because the feeling/fear is so strong I am convinced.:(

B

brittrs

It is my first child and I have been so thrilled until I started having these thoughts and fears. It's keeping me from being excited because I feel that I won't be here after.. Ive even written letters 'just in case'. I have faith that everything will go fine but also constantly worrying and feeling that it won't. There is one condition I am particularly scared of happening... An amniotic fluid embolism. It is rare, but just feel that I will be one of the rare few t does happen to.

U

Ugly

I do believe in the saving forgiveness of Jesus Christ. I have prayed and prayed hoping for some answer but the thoughts are still there constantly... I wake up in the middle of the night, I'm thinking about it. It has just made me really sad because I want to be able to raise my baby girl and be with my family.

Chance assures me that all will be fine and that it's the devil putting these thoughts in my head and making me believe them. And that it isn't some sort of premonition or intuition. I guess because the feeling/fear is so strong I am convinced.:(
Have you had problems with obsessive thoughts before? Your description is somewhat reminiscent of OCD.
If not it may pay to check with your doctor. I can't say for certain that this is possible, but i know pregnancy has the potential to cause all sorts of thoughts and behaviors outside the norm. Perhaps it is causing this OCD like fear. This may be a more common issue than you think, for pregnant women, or at least not unprecedented, but such issues should always be discussed with your doctor before a group of strangers.

B

brittrs

Have you had problems with obsessive thoughts before? Your description is somewhat reminiscent of OCD.
If not it may pay to check with your doctor. I can't say for certain that this is possible, but i know pregnancy has the potential to cause all sorts of thoughts and behaviors outside the norm. Perhaps it is causing this OCD like fear. This may be a more common issue than you think, for pregnant women, or at least not unprecedented, but such issues should always be discussed with your doctor before a group of strangers.

I have had a friend mention that it sounds like OCD. I talked to my dr. About it and he prescribed me and SSRI and Xanax to take as needed until that kicks in. He said its anxiety. I just really really hope that's all it is

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
I have had a friend mention that it sounds like OCD. I talked to my dr. About it and he prescribed me and SSRI and Xanax to take as needed until that kicks in. He said its anxiety. I just really really hope that's all it is

You worry far too much. Give this over to God and let HIM do the worrying. Everything will be just fine. Worry and fear are of the devil. Stop giving him control. You and your baby will be just fine. :)

B

brittrs

Thank You!

dave_in_KWC

May 21, 2014
KWC, Ontario
Did you talk to your MD about the SSRI and other meds if you are pregnant and with nursing? Also did the MD refer you for counselling when they put you on the psychotropic meds? Therapy (especially even CBT secularly, would be better than nothing - the CBT manual: Mind over Mood is great!)

How about Celebrate Recovery programs, tried them?

FEAR NOT, SURRENDER & PLACE YOUR TRUST IN HIM, WHO SAVES AND REDEEMED YOU!

H

HisHolly

I wouldn't take those meds, they are money making purposes.. They add nothing of value to you but have costly side effects..

I would find someone who can agree with you and pray against the reality of the dream coming true.. if it was indeed a warning, no pill will save Ur life.. Only you speaking life will.. Have to use the power we were given..

Jan 24, 2012
Sounds like anxiety to me. I live 95% of my life in total preparation to die from a brain aneurysm (with no history of it in myself or my family lol). I don't see why God would warn you of this. There's very little you could do with advanced knowledge of your death in this manner.

Sep 5, 2016
What did you experience to think it was something more than a worry?

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
What did you experience to think it was something more than a worry?

Once again, you're replying to an OP who has NOT been online since the day she joined. Please stop pulling all these zombie threads forward, they are pushing the newer and more relevant threads to the back pages of the forum.