PreTrib Rapture Moment 4: What About The Martyrs? - A Teaching by Bryan Denlinger

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ChosenbyHim

Sep 19, 2011
PreTrib Rapture Moment 4: What About The Martyrs?

By Bryan Denlinger

[video=youtube;yt5Ku4cKNqk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt5Ku4cKNqk[/video]

Jan 10, 2013
Thanks for the post - here is a brief review (my opinion as are all reviews of course)

rapture....
funny.

People like this find 14 dots and join them up in any order they want to construct support for what they were taught.
Oh look it's the rapture.
Oh no it's a red herring.
Oh no, I have no idea and just doing what I've been programmed by other people to say...

Look for the phrases
"it's right there" when pointing to the Bible
"you can't duck that"

He simply does not understand that a person that goes against God at a time of tribulation is not a Christian.
These guys think there are not Christians going through tribulation NOW.
I'm guessing this guy has a job or is supported by others. Does he have to search through garbage to feed himself and his family? Does he have to drink polluted water because there is nothing else to drink?
He even has the audacity to say "things right now can't" but "in the time of trouble thinks could" - really?!?! Now there is no famine or trouble or death or persecution of Christians? In his little micro-world maybe.
No. The fact he doesn't realise that some are today going through this shows his lack of compassion.

The rapture is a relatively recent invention of some parts of the church and so the post/pre trib argument is moot as the rapture itself is poor exegesis.

When Christ returns we are told it will be "as a thief in the night" - that means it will be unexpected.
Yet people have this tribulation idea that leads for 7 years until Christ returns.

A 7-year countdown after thousands of people 'miraculously disappear' is not "as a thief in the night"

This is what happens when people in the woods think they understand scripture because they can now follow what they were taught.
People like this actually believe they understand the vision of John described in Revelation. So they intertwine it with other scripture to build a foundation for their bizarre doctrines.
The problem is - even if the blocks of your foundation are good if they don't mesh together and/or if your structure is just crazy - the plans will be seen by many as just wrong and at worst ridiculous.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2013
I would say though I'm interested to view the earlier episodes to find out why he refers to the "tribulation" he knows about as Jacob's Trouble. My memory of scripture actually is poor so I'll have to look it up and it might be easier to view his vids :)

ChosenbyHim

Sep 19, 2011
I would say though I'm interested to view the earlier episodes to find out why he refers to the "tribulation" he knows about as Jacob's Trouble. My memory of scripture actually is poor so I'll have to look it up and it might be easier to view his vids :)
If you want to see his earlier videos which he did on the Pre-Tribulation Rapture, you can access his recent video playlist by clicking on this link:

Uploaded videos - YouTube

Once you click on the link given above, you'll be able to find all five of his recent videos which he did on the Rapture in that list. I definitely encourage you to watch all of them. Brother Denlinger is a phenomenal Bible preacher and teacher. And he rightly divides the word of truth.

P

peterT

Thanks for the post - here is a brief review (my opinion as are all reviews of course)

rapture....
funny.

People like this find 14 dots and join them up in any order they want to construct support for what they were taught.
Oh look it's the rapture.
Oh no it's a red herring.
Oh no, I have no idea and just doing what I've been programmed by other people to say...

Look for the phrases
"it's right there" when pointing to the Bible
"you can't duck that"

He simply does not understand that a person that goes against God at a time of tribulation is not a Christian.
These guys think there are not Christians going through tribulation NOW.
I'm guessing this guy has a job or is supported by others. Does he have to search through garbage to feed himself and his family? Does he have to drink polluted water because there is nothing else to drink?
He even has the audacity to say "things right now can't" but "in the time of trouble thinks could" - really?!?! Now there is no famine or trouble or death or persecution of Christians? In his little micro-world maybe.
No. The fact he doesn't realise that some are today going through this shows his lack of compassion.

The rapture is a relatively recent invention of some parts of the church and so the post/pre trib argument is moot as the rapture itself is poor exegesis.

When Christ returns we are told it will be "as a thief in the night" - that means it will be unexpected.
Yet people have this tribulation idea that leads for 7 years until Christ returns.

A 7-year countdown after thousands of people 'miraculously disappear' is not "as a thief in the night"

This is what happens when people in the woods think they understand scripture because they can now follow what they were taught.
People like this actually believe they understand the vision of John described in Revelation. So they intertwine it with other scripture to build a foundation for their bizarre doctrines.
The problem is - even if the blocks of your foundation are good if they don't mesh together and/or if your structure is just crazy - the plans will be seen by many as just wrong and at worst ridiculous.
You may mock the rapture but you don’t get to meet the lord in the air in the clouds by jumping up.

There has to be some kind of rapture so you can meet the lord in the air in the clouds.

And you don’t get to stand on the sea of glass AFTER getting the victory over the beast and his mark by caching a taxi or a train.

You don’t go before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple AFTER coming out of great tribulation by jumping up.

You don’t get to be redeemed from the earth without some kind of rapture.

There we are standing on the sea of glass AFTER getting the victory over the beast and his mark.

Revelation 15:2 And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.

There we are coming out of great tribulation then before the throne of God, and serve him day and night.

Rv7;14And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple
: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.

There we are before the throne of God redeemed from the earth.

Revelation 14:3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.

Yes there is defiantly some kind of rapture.

Christians build doctrine on a lot less than that, and call it sound

P

peterT

So you think you could work it out if it’s a post-tribulation coming the day the lord comes?, when it say you can’t work it out.

Matthew 24:42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

1 Thessalonians 5:4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

He comes as a thief in the night on the wicked.

But that day will not overtake you as a thief doesn’t mean you can work it out the day the lord comes or the hour.

You may be able to work it out a little bit, but not the day or hour

Jan 10, 2013
Actually I was saying exactly that when the Lord is to come will NOT be known. The verses you quote make that clear, as you said. The Thessalonians verse is, as far as I can see, saying that because we are in Christ, Christ's return will not catch us out. It does not, I think, suggest we will know it's about to happen before it does.

And, unless the Lord is to return before the 'tribulation' then the seven years would tell us when he is coming.

I've always believed the verse about Christ returning and us going into the clouds to meet him is now, in the past 100 years a little more understandable.
We are told (by the two men seen after he ascended) that he will return to Jerusalem.
And those who follow Christ will, I expect flock to see him - flying through the clouds. Of course 2,000 years ago this would be a strange idea - today we call these things airplanes.

P

peterT

Actually I was saying exactly that when the Lord is to come will NOT be known. The verses you quote make that clear, as you said. The Thessalonians verse is, as far as I can see, saying that because we are in Christ, Christ's return will not catch us out. It does not, I think, suggest we will know it's about to happen before it does.

And, unless the Lord is to return before the 'tribulation' then the seven years would tell us when he is coming.

I've always believed the verse about Christ returning and us going into the clouds to meet him is now, in the past 100 years a little more understandable.
We are told (by the two men seen after he ascended) that he will return to Jerusalem.
And those who follow Christ will, I expect flock to see him - flying through the clouds. Of course 2,000 years ago this would be a strange idea - today we call these things airplanes.
NO, it says you will not know the hour or day, so if you think you can work it out, you would be doing the Math wrong even if you were a post tribulation believing Christian

We are in the air and in the clouds NOW ??

but the dead in Christ have not raised yet, and we which are alive have not been caught up with them in the clouds yet.

Its talking about the coming of the Lord “NOT NOW”

15For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

Can’t you just let the Bible speak for itself instead of trying to be a scholar.

And where does it say the lord returns before the tribulation??

Shilo

Aug 31, 2011

rapture....
funny.

No teaching that can cause people to lose their faith in the time of trouble is funny but is the most dangerous of false security. When trouble comes and they have to choose between death or false worship they may not have enough of the real truth in them to save their soul. This should turn and bleed on the hearts of everyone who has not been spoon fed their belief. Our hearts should be crying out for them and lead them to truth not mock them and shame them. That only drives people way from what they are truly looking for. Do everything in LOVE and you will bring forth the right fruit.