Prideful People

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 19, 2009
Prideful people heap scorn on people they don’t like. Humble people remain silent, remembering this:

But I say to you that every one who is angry with his brother shall be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother shall be liable to the council, and whoever says, `You fool!' shall be liable to the hell of fire. Matt 5:22 RSV

Dec 19, 2009
I suppose I could just as easily have entitled this "Humble People." I wonder if it would have made a difference.

Yonah

Oct 31, 2014
Pro 13:10
Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom.

Nov 30, 2012
I hate it when God just points out my flaws. This is my major sin.

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
I know but I'm so glad He does otherwise we would be in a bad place!
No discipline is enjoyable while it is happening—it’s painful! But afterward there will be a peaceful harvest of right living for those who are trained in this way.Hebrews 12:11

Jon4TheCross

Oct 19, 2012
I hope you mean that the sin in the flesh hates it when God justly points out our flaws which are with us in the flesh until they are not, cause then we are united with God in spirit by approving of hating the sin in our flesh....it's not the born again and immortal you if you hate what God determines to be evil and sin..etc...even if you hate what you may not be able to recognize as sin, cause you approve of the judgment of God no matter what His judgment is.

R

Rudimental

Dude thats because God LOVES you! And you hate that!!???

Several times in the bible God tells us

Hebrews 12:6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth

Proverbs 3:12 because the Lord disciplines those he loves,

Revelation 3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

Don't hate it. DELIGHT in His correction!

God bless!