Pro Life Stories β€οΈπŸ‘Ά

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
If you have a pro life story to share that's personal, I would like to hear about it.
Perhaps you would like to share a video like the one below.
There's room for discussion too!
β˜•πŸ™‚πŸ‘ πŸ‘©β€β€οΈβ€πŸ‘¨

Krumbeard

Apr 15, 2019
Not so much a story as but a statistic.

A couple of weekends I was at a fundraising banquet for a local pregnancy services ministry..

There are 2 pregnancy centers for every abortion clinic in the US.

I was encouraged by that!

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Not so much a story as but a statistic.

A couple of weekends I was at a fundraising banquet for a local pregnancy services ministry..

There are 2 pregnancy centers for every abortion clinic in the US.

I was encouraged by that!
I had no idea.
I have a buddy who works for a pro life group. He will be glad to hear that.

I would like to see some way to incentivize adoption of babies. There are lots of married couples who try to adopt babies. It seems like the state adoption agencies want to keep them in foster homes until the babies are older for some reason. I will guess it has to do with how money is funded to the state adoption agencies.

Thanks for the stat. πŸ™‚πŸ‘

MsMediator

Mar 8, 2022
I had no idea.
I have a buddy who works for a pro life group. He will be glad to hear that.

I would like to see some way to incentivize adoption of babies. There are lots of married couples who try to adopt babies. It seems like the state adoption agencies want to keep them in foster homes until the babies are older for some reason. I will guess it has to do with how money is funded to the state adoption agencies.

Thanks for the stat. πŸ™‚πŸ‘
I think there are some income restrictions which I believe should be removed. It is better if low income couples are able to adopt even if they are not able to afford the child, as they could get state benefits.

MsMediator

Mar 8, 2022
I also don't think churches are doing a good job promoting adoption. All talk and no action. There could be a lot of meaningful change if churches promoted adoption.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
I also don't think churches are doing a good job promoting adoption. All talk and no action. There could be a lot of meaningful change if churches promoted adoption.
I'm all for low income married couples adopting when they are able to raise a child. Nothing wrong with that. I wouldn't want them to become dependent on welfare, as the millions of single mothers in the big city projects, but babies need parents that love them regardless of income.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
State care and foster care in nz can be hit and miss...some of the most horrible tales of child abuse come from foster homes.
I think there needs to be more support for young couples esp from grandparents. I see it as a generational thing and if the grandparents are not supportive the baby often does not have a chance.

MsMediator

Mar 8, 2022
I'm all for low income married couples adopting when they are able to raise a child. Nothing wrong with that. I wouldn't want them to become dependent on welfare, as the millions of single mothers in the big city projects, but babies need parents that love them regardless of income.
I think this is still a better situation than foster care where the kids get moved around a lot. Maybe the kids shouldn't go to people already on welfare but low income people who cannot afford another child.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I think this is still a better situation than foster care where the kids get moved around a lot. Maybe the kids shouldn't go to people already on welfare but low income people who cannot afford another child.
er that dont make sense

where do you supoose the nannies are going to come from? Im saying grandparents step up. Stop spending your grandchildrens inheritance on other things that dont matter

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
I see your point.
Far more are abused in foster care than in low income households according to the last time I heard the stats in the news.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
? can you post what its about Im not really into watching random you tube vids online.
I was reading a memoir by a Chinese millenial growing up in China during the one child policy, she was the second daughter, her parents had to pay a fine to have her, they had a son but really wanted a daughter.

In China, . the govt monitor couples and MAKE them get abortions if they have a second child.

I think a different scenario , maybe the opposite happens in the US.

In Africa, families disregard 'birth control' because children are needed for work and looking after their parents in old age. But white ppl think they should control their births so they'll be better off. I think both cultures completely misunderstand each other and what they value.

some are after 'quality of life' but others are just glad to even have a life.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
? can you post what its about Im not really into watching random you tube vids online.
I was reading a memoir by a Chinese millenial growing up in China during the one child policy, she was the second daughter, her parents had to pay a fine to have her, they had a son but really wanted a daughter.

In China, . the govt monitor couples and MAKE them get abortions if they have a second child.

I think a different scenario , maybe the opposite happens in the US.

In Africa, families disregard 'birth control' because children are needed for work and looking after their parents in old age. But white ppl think they should control their births so they'll be better off. I think both cultures completely misunderstand each other and what they value.

some are after 'quality of life' but others are just glad to even have a life.
Mr. Hauk is a man who helped save that baby's life and bring that couple together as a family. He now faces 11 years in prison and would appreciate our prayers. The video isn't random. Tucker Carlson starts the main details about the 1:30 second mark. It's brief.

China is a horrible place to raise a family. State sponsored murder, rape and torture. They imprison Falon Gong and Christians until there are enough compatible organ recipients to start removing them from the live prisoners. America has a similar system when it comes to organs. . That's why my Dad told me that I should never sign the organ donation on my driver's license.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Im not sure how they do the live organ thing, Ive heard that hospitals generally only do it with car crash victims. I dont know how they determine if you go into hospital for anything when they can start taking your organs?! They take your blood anyway!

I was just watching the Netflix of Blonde based on the life of Marilyn Monroe , a fictionalised version by Joyce Carol Oates. Warning its quite graphic - but its very Pro -life in that it shows Marilyns various pregnancies and shots of her potential babies in her womb. It claims she had an abortion, not sure if this is true but she did have miscarriages.

Marilyns story (or Norma Jean) is poignant in that she was an unwanted child - her mother had mental issues and her father was unknown. In that film they made out her mother tried to kill her. Also she was actually sexually abused in foster homes but they did not show this in the movie.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
They did not mention the abuse in the foster homes, she went to about 17 different ones in total, but in the movie it just showed she was dropped off at the orphanage. Mostly friends of her mother took her in, but it was just one or two of the friends dads (foster dads?) that abused her.

Because her mother was mentally ill, (but not dead) Im not sure anyone could adopt her or she didnt give permission. Marilyn did have a half sister on her mothers side. Im not clear if shes was older or younger, her name was Bereneice. I just remember reading about her.

The legend goes that Marilyn thought her dad was Clark Gable.

apparently this is common among adopted/fostered children to claim they were the love child of some famous star. I have encountered a few that have said this to me. The adopted children I know had always been adopted by extremely wealthy parents and had amazing childhoods where they wanted for nothing, never had to struggle (financially) and had a decent education. Some even had trust funds in their name.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
They did not mention the abuse in the foster homes, she went to about 17 different ones in total, but in the movie it just showed she was dropped off at the orphanage. Mostly friends of her mother took her in, but it was just one or two of the friends dads (foster dads?) that abused her.

Because her mother was mentally ill, (but not dead) Im not sure anyone could adopt her or she didnt give permission. Marilyn did have a half sister on her mothers side. Im not clear if shes was older or younger, her name was Bereneice. I just remember reading about her.

The legend goes that Marilyn thought her dad was Clark Gable.

apparently this is common among adopted/fostered children to claim they were the love child of some famous star. I have encountered a few that have said this to me. The adopted children I know had always been adopted by extremely wealthy parents and had amazing childhoods where they wanted for nothing, never had to struggle (financially) and had a decent education. Some even had trust funds in their name.
I didn't know that.
I've met a lot of foster children that were adopted by Christian parents. Some had issues from their background in the system.

I heard a few stories about Marilyn Monroe, the Kennedy connection, Satanic manipulation.... but didn't know she had any children.