Problem with typing?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

Lecrae

Any time I type, my cursor likes to randomly go to another spot in the post, which makes for some interesting posts. Obviously I know I'm not hitting an arrow key, num pad, home/end keys, and I'm not bumping the mouse pad. What is going on here? It's really annoying. It seems to only happen when you use bold/italics/underline. I just press Ctrl + B/I/U, and after I press it for the second time to unbold the coming text, my curser jumps and annoys the heck out of me. Any tips/solutions that I can do on my end?

U

Ugly

Testing this out. Lets see what happens here. Nope didn't happen to me. Worked perfectly fine. So don't know what to tell you. Still giving it a try. Here's the last one. And it worked fine as well. o.o

L

Lecrae

It happens at random. Sometimes after unbolding, if I backspace, the curser goes back inbetween to words and I end up backspacing the wrong thing. I was able to reproduce it just on this post. I've cleared cache/cookies, no changes.

edit: also it doesn't seem to do it when clicking on b/i/u, but only if you do the ctrl command.

JimJimmers

Apr 26, 2012
Is this problem unique to CC, or has it ever happened when you were writing an e-mail or document, or in another forum?

L

Lecrae

Is this problem unique to CC, or has it ever happened when you were writing an e-mail or document, or in another forum?
It's unique to CC. Doesn't happen on any other forum I frequent, nor does it happen via email or outside of my internet browser.

L

Lecrae

I've had that happen, but it was my computer, not CC.

Do you have a PC or a Mac? What OS do you use?

If you have an Apple, here are a few solutions:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4256492

If you have a PC, here are some possible solutions:

Cursor jumps around while typing in word (corrected) - Cursor jumpsing in Word around while typ (not corrected)
I use an asus laptop, windows 7. Everything is up to date. It doesn't happen to me in microsoft word, however. Nor other websites/forums. Just CC as far as I've seen.