Problems with knowing undending reality

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 2, 2016
Hi Trof: You are obviously a thinking person. The word everlasting in the New Testament usually means to the ages of the ages. We know that God created all things, both visible and invisible, matter and spirit. It is easy to recognize that everything including ourselves are a creation of a greater being, however it is not told to us how God came into being, most consider God as having always been, which does not at all make sense to out thinking. God begins with God already there and creating, so we just have to be content with that, God does not tell us how God came to be. Our reality begin when God shot the universe out from His hand, and matter and time begin, and then the creation of earth and man. God wants to dwell with man, in the first book of the bible God is with man on a daily basis and in the last book of the bible God is dwelling with man. Maybe when we are with the Lord He will tell us where He came from...maybe not.

Dec 19, 2009
I know these questions are not for everyone, but maybe there is somebody who can answer to what I am asking for:

1. How could God decide which world He will create? By "world" I mean not just this material universe, but also the eternal life after it.
Because the world is undending, how could God know all what will happen in it and then decide it is better or worse than other world possibilities?

2. Similar to the first one, but different a little: How can God know himself? Because when He know something about himself, there is always something more to know (because He is undending).
As for the first question, the Lord had a plan that would make everybody happy. It would make more sense to implement that plan than to spend eternity wondering if he could come up with a better plan, wouldn't you think?

As for the second question, I don't know if the Lord knows himself, in the terms you describe, or not.

Dec 2, 2016
Not everyone happy, Satan and all the spirits that went with him and all the humans that did not make it.

Dec 12, 2013
Because he is God and is all knowing....he does not learn something new each day...he already knows it all!

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
You probably do not understand my question. There is no end, thats the problem. How can He know something that has no end.
1. This isn't a normal theological question, this is a philosophical conundrum... it is a potential antinomy regarding the infinite's epistemology of himself... this isn't a normal theology question and you're fully aware of that.

Therefore, you should be asking these kinds of questions not of laymen, but of the great Christian philosophers.

2. As a starting point, you may be confusing the "potential infinite" with the "actual infinite".

3. If you want further rabbit trails... you need to go read the great Christian Philosophers.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
You cannot improve perfection.