Procrastination

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Alli84

Hi everyone! So, I've been having some ridiculously bad problems with procrastinating homework lately. This is coming from a girl with a 4.0, so it's not really about difficulty or whatever. I just get distracted, or lose motivation. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has found any ways to cope with this? What works/doesn't work for you all? Thanks!

Jun 27, 2010
Hello fellow procrastinator! You sound just like me! I have a 4.0 gpa as well, but I can be the worst procrastinator ever at times. I've found a couple things that help me though, so I shall share them with you!

One thing that helps me is to grab a note card or something, and write down everything that needs to be done for homework for the day. It's like it helps me put everything into perspective and to realize just how much needs to be done so that I want to go ahead and tackle it all right away. And then I plan a reward for myself for getting it all done. It's good to have a goal and something to look forward to if you can get it all done within a certain amount of time. You could reward yourself by watching a movie after it's all done, for example, or by going somewhere fun.

Also, another thing that might help you is to set deadlines for assignments for yourself before they are actually due so that you will be ahead of the game. So if it's due on Sunday, give yourself the deadline of Friday.

I hope you find some ways that help you with the procrastination issues. Good luck! :)

A

Aqua_Girl09

WORKING OUT!! when ever i excersize i feel like i can do anything. but i have to do it like first thing in the morning. ^_^

Aug 2, 2009
I buy lots of yummy junk food and then break open the textbooks and have at it! Its ummmmm probably not a good idea, but I graduated with a 3.89 GPA :p

Yeah, working out is probably better! lol

A

Alli84

Thanks guys! I'm trying out the notecards tonight, I hope they help!

J

jdarling

I had the same problem last semester. I just broke down my work into small portions. I write a list of what assignments I have and then do one take a break and then do another. I find that if you take small breaks in between you become less distracted.

C

Crimeny

i find that if possible, try doing your homework somewhere quiet and where the atmosphere/environment is STUDY: basically try going to if possible a local university library and based upon personal experience, i find that its so quiet and the fact that there are others studying that really gets you going, and you can cut the distractions found at home like tv, background noise, and other stuff!

O

Oklahoma_girl2012

heyyyyyyyyy

K

kewl42

give yourself a reward for doing certain things. like eat a cookie, or do a little of whatever you like every time you do an hour of work. works for me!