Profanity used in Christian homes.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 14, 2013
Colossians 3:8 But now you must rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander and filthy language from your lips. I find myself all too often hearing Christians using profanity in their homes. This bothers me greatly. Especially when it is spoken in anger to children. This should not be so. It sets the wrong example and leaves these children and maybe others feeling fustrated. If anyone needs to admonish children they should use the Word of God and speak the truth in love. Being stern is ok, but being abusive with bad language should be out of the question!

Toska

Nov 16, 2013
I couldn't agree more. I am a new Christian and still slip and say a curse word every once in a while. I am working really hard to remove all of that language from my vocabulary for good. And the way some parents speak to their children is terrible. I don't understand that at all. And then the parents get mad at their kids if they say something bad. Umm, maybe they are following the example of their parents? **sigh**

M

mamasan

I agree. It seems that parents today want to be "friends" with their children, letting them get away with so much, until the parents get really mad, and then they scream, curse, and punch. ( I am all for spanking the backside, but not beating and not in anger)

buckets

Banned by Admin Team (verified fraud)
Dec 14, 2013
I've never heard my parents raise their voices even :) they do discipline me
Just don't raise their voices or never use profanity at all

Alexis' Stepmom curses at her and that's why I am not allowed to visit them without my Dad

Profanity and yelling is not tolerated in our home :)

My Dad has only one rule never do anything disrespectful to yourself or others
if this rule is violated an appropriate consequence is earned
they don't give consequences I earn them (they are positive for good choices and negative for bad choices)

Toska

Nov 16, 2013
I've never heard my parents raise their voices even :) they do discipline me
Just don't raise their voices or never use profanity at all

Alexis' Stepmom curses at her and that's why I am not allowed to visit them without my Dad

Profanity and yelling is not tolerated in our home :)

My Dad has only one rule never do anything disrespectful to yourself or others
if this rule is violated an appropriate consequence is earned
they don't give consequences I earn them (they are positive for good choices and negative for bad choices)
Your dad sounds like a wonderful man. He has obviously taught you well and raised you in a good, Christian home. Reading your posts are always a joy for me. I am very happy your are here. **big hugs**

X

Xxbabyboyxx

My parents don't let me curse and usually punish me when I do. They do try to set me a good example though and not curse at me...but instead they curse at each other and they fight a lot so they don't really set me a good example in the end.

buckets

Banned by Admin Team (verified fraud)
Dec 14, 2013
My parents don't let me curse and usually punish me when I do. They do try to set me a good example though and not curse at me...but instead they curse at each other and they fight a lot so they don't really set me a good example in the end.
What is cool though is they do in a way :) cause you see what's bad and what's good
parents aren't perfect but that lesson of right and wrong is pretty awesome :D