Proposing

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
V

violakat

Without the pomp and circumstances.

A

arwen7

How did you propose to your fiance/wife? If you aren't engaged and if you are a girl, how do you imagine being proposed to? I was asked by a girl, how are you going to propose someday? I told her, "Don't know, never thought about it." Lol probably cause us guys don't think about stuff like that ever, but it was a good question. Is it really that important of a moment in a girls life? Well, I know it is to both guys and girls, but I think you all know what I'm asking lol.
For him to do something thoughtful and meaningful, something that is special to the both of us. And a surprise, I'm really good figuring surprises out so it would have to be pretty stealth! :cool: I once had a conversation with a girlfriend of where would be the worse place to be proposed to. We came to the conclusion at a bowling alley and having one of the bowling balls have a ring in the thumb hole. What do you think? Where would be the worse place to be proposed to?

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
I've always thought that the proposal should match the lady and the relationship. What you hold in your head as the "perfect" proposal could end up changing a lot once you meet that special lady, grow together, and finally get to the proposal.

S

Smudge

This is true Oncefallen, this is true. *nods head in agreement*

V

violakat

For him to do something thoughtful and meaningful, something that is special to the both of us. And a surprise, I'm really good figuring surprises out so it would have to be pretty stealth! :cool: I once had a conversation with a girlfriend of where would be the worse place to be proposed to. We came to the conclusion at a bowling alley and having one of the bowling balls have a ring in the thumb hole. What do you think? Where would be the worse place to be proposed to?
A cemetery, in the middle of a burial.

A

arwen7

A cemetery, in the middle of a burial.
Yeah, I don't think it could get any worse than that! no shame! lol It's a good thing that people aren't that insensitive

V

violakat

Yeah, I don't think it could get any worse than that! no shame! lol It's a good thing that people aren't that insensitive
I'd hope not. I think, if a guy tried to propose to me in the middle of a burial, he would be buried himself, right then and there.

Liamson

Feb 3, 2010
I'd hope not. I think, if a guy tried to propose to me in the middle of a burial, he would be buried himself, right then and there.
THIS IS SPARTA!! right into the hole :D

clee356

Apr 5, 2011
My fiance proposed to me on my birthday. His family took me out for dinner and we went back to their house, and out comes a camera- I thought we were going to take pictures, but instead he gets down on one knee in the middle of the living room, and the whole thing was filmed :D

S

Skybound

Worst time would be on the first date. Ive heard of it happening.

J

Jullianna

^That's not a proposal. That's a sign of "I'm a member of crazytown"^ :) RUN!

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
^I agree.^ You gotta wait at least 'til the third date to propose. :p

Jilly81

Jan 16, 2011
Arwen, I think the worst time to be proposed to would be when your sister was being walked down the isle at HER wedding. If insensitive bf hollered for everyone to stop as he had "something he needed to say" and then proposed, your sister would be mad that her special day was one upped, you'd be mad and embarrassed, and..... nah, ViolaKat is right, I'm sure. The funeral would be the worst if you were close enough to the person to actually attend his or her funeral.

V

violakat

Arwen, I think the worst time to be proposed to would be when your sister was being walked down the isle at HER wedding. If insensitive bf hollered for everyone to stop as he had "something he needed to say" and then proposed, your sister would be mad that her special day was one upped, you'd be mad and embarrassed, and..... nah, ViolaKat is right, I'm sure. The funeral would be the worst if you were close enough to the person to actually attend his or her funeral.
I'm not so sure about that. You might be right about proposing in the middle of a wedding. That would be extremely insensitive.

S

Smudge

Ehh.... either could be worse than the other- it depends on the people. But I'm inclined to agree with you. Proposing during a funeral gives you the potential to bring happiness to a day where its hard to find. But still not appropriate.

And while your sister is walking down the isle- I could see it going either really well or really poorly. If you had a really, really, really, really cool family they might tease you for the timing but all in all, accept it as it is, restart the the walk down the isle and continue on. But if you had a major bridezilla on your hand you may have lost your relationship with your sister for the rest of your life. Even if you weren't the one who proposed.

Somehow I feel like you would have a larger chance offending more people for a longer period of time if you proposed during someone else's wedding.

A

adekruif

Not saying that I would or anything.....but are wedding receptions off limits too?

J

Jullianna

I agree. It would seem rude to upstage a bride and groom on their special day; unless, of course, they instigated it. :)

V

violakat

Not saying that I would or anything.....but are wedding receptions off limits too?
I think it would be. Again, we are looking at the bride and groom's special time. However, if you want to propose after the reception, when your no longer at the venue, then it would be fine, as the wedding portion of the day (including reception) is over. The attention no longer has to be reserved for the bride and groom. However, I would still do it some place private, or in some place where the family is not. And make sure the bride and groom are well under way to their honeymoon before you do.