Prosper as your soul prospers

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 16, 2011
If your finances prosper at the same rate as your soul, you will be a good steward of God's blessing. The shame today is that people want financial blessing before they say "bless the Lord, oh my soul!" I am not against Christians being blessed with money they earn. I am against the teaching that God will just give you money miraculously. Most who teach God gives you money you do not work for are the ones who recieve people's money suppossedly for God. I am not against charity but charity is not promissing people cadillacs from Jesus. Sure God might send someone to help with your needs but He will not be sending anyone to drop off your rolex. Just food for flock. God bless.

Dec 12, 2013
If your finances prosper at the same rate as your soul, you will be a good steward of God's blessing. The shame today is that people want financial blessing before they say "bless the Lord, oh my soul!" I am not against Christians being blessed with money they earn. I am against the teaching that God will just give you money miraculously. Most who teach God gives you money you do not work for are the ones who recieve people's money suppossedly for God. I am not against charity but charity is not promissing people cadillacs from Jesus. Sure God might send someone to help with your needs but He will not be sending anyone to drop off your rolex. Just food for flock. God bless.
To enjoy the fruits of your labor is from God, but at the same time we are to set our affection on the things which are above. Solomon also said that time and chance happen to everyone as you an be at the right place at the wrong time or the wrong place at the right time. God promises food, clothing and shelter to those who are faithful and yet also warns the rich through and through the bible about trusting in their riches. Interesting to note that out of the 7 churches of Revelation the rich are threatened with loosing their authority and light as a church while the poor were commended on their stand in the truth.

Feb 16, 2011
Getting people rich and wise is considered Christian yet the Bible says both the rich and wise have aharder time getting in the kingdom. Go figure.

T_Laurich

Mar 24, 2013
Ecclesiastes 9 goes into enjoying what God gives to those who can afford luxury's... :) (edit: it also explains that just because you are religious, or intelligent, or educated does not mean you are to be wealthy)

7 So go ahead. Eat your food with joy, and drink your wine with a happy heart, for God approves of this! 8 Wear fine clothes, with a splash of cologne!

9 Live happily with the woman you love through all the meaningless days of life that God has given you under the sun. The wife God gives you is your reward for all your earthly toil. 10 Whatever you do, do well. For when you go to the grave, there will be no work or planning or knowledge or wisdom.

11 I have observed something else under the sun. The fastest runner doesn’t always win the race, and the strongest warrior doesn’t always win the battle. The wise sometimes go hungry, and the skillful are not necessarily wealthy. And those who are educated don’t always lead successful lives. It is all decided by chance, by being in the right place at the right time.

12 People can never predict when hard times might come. Like fish in a net or birds in a trap, people are caught by sudden tragedy.

P

psychomom

3 John 1:2
Beloved, I pray that in all respects you may prosper and be in good health, just as your soul prospers.

I submit that there's a whole lot more to this prosperity than money. :)

the word "prosper":

HELPS Word-studies
2137 euodóō (from 2095 /eú, "well, good" and 3598 /hodós, "a journey on a particular road") – properly, to go on a prosperous journey; (figuratively) to be on the right (profitable) path, i.e. leading to real success (good fortune) where someone truly "prospers, is prospered"

Strong's Concordance:
euodoó: to have a prosperous journey
Definition: I cause to prosper, pass: I have a happy (successful) journey, hence: I prosper.

:)