Providence

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

jeffery

I was listening to someone chatting about God being in control of everything. Also I heard them mention that a believer is no better than an unbeliever. First, providence is the care of Triune God over the universe. (We know that we are the children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one. 1 John 5;19 NIV) There are two kinds of people in the world, children of God and children of the Devil. God dealt with Nebuchadnezzar and Babylon because they held the children of God as captives. Gods care was to the remnant of Israel. Today there are nations with nuclear ambitions and a Satanic religion. Also I believe that God is no longer blessing the U.S.. There is an unseen spiritual war taking place and as believers we should be aware that we can be deceived. Babylon disappeared and we could just as easily disappear. Satan has control over the world systems (Matthew 4:8) Look at the worlds news God does not promote evil. Yet, He is in control, He will payback all the evil done to His children, He will return to slay the wicked sometime in the future. We are supposed to be sober and alert for our adversary roams like a roaring Lion looking for whom he may devour. So if you think you are resting in Gods providence be aware. If you think that your material wealth is from God be alert. All the real prophets of the Old Testament were murdered. Only one disciple died of old age. All the false Prophets of old and of today preached peace and safety, wealth and health. One subject more, it is true that inherently believers are no better than believers, but believers have an inheritance in heaven while unbelievers have an inheritance in the Lake of Fire. We as believers are indescribably more fortunate our names are written in Book of Life!

Dan58

Nov 13, 2013
You are correct, the difference is that believers have eternal salvation and non-believers don't. Beware as many churches are spewing this "universal salvation" now-a-days, but its not biblical. Salvation comes through Christ, but its contingent on our accepting and believing in his life and teachings. There's a big difference between hell and heaven :)

Jan 13, 2014
Believers have inspiration and can think with God, hear with God, understand with God and can learn more
by his spirit and his mind and his word in 5 minutes than a non believer can learn in a lifetime.

Psa 119:99 I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation.

the power of God, love, goodness, faith, truth fills the heart

unbelievers are empty and are lonely

it is impossible for a true believer to be lonely as he is in constant communication with God
and love, grows, joy fills happiness comes more and more..

Since you dint bring up this essential point, I recommend you being born again of the spirit.
we cannot do it oursleves.
How?
Kneel in your closet, pray to our father who is in heaven
ask him to send you his spirit and make you born again, he will do the rest.
thank him
give him your entire life and mind for the day. and he will begin communicating with you.

that is what he died for...

Last edited: