Psalm 119 is amazing!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Okay so I have been trying to pray to god what my heart is longing for and what my heart is saying. but my tongue for some reason cannot speak very well today nor can it tell god what is on my heart. But i found Psalm 119, it is the longest chapter in the bible and every sentence in it was like god already knew what i was saying and put it into the bible. I am astonished that my entire prayer is written in the bible. Actually a lot of the book Psalm speaks of my hearts desire and prayers too. Such as this:Test me, LORD, and try me; examine my heart and mind. I say this to god everyday and yet I had no idea it was in scripture. I find so many of my prayers and hearts desires in the book of psalms. Psalms is my favorite book:]

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
Okay so I have been trying to pray to god what my heart is longing for and what my heart is saying. but my tongue for some reason cannot speak very well today nor can it tell god what is on my heart. But i found Psalm 119, it is the longest chapter in the bible and every sentence in it was like god already knew what i was saying and put it into the bible. I am astonished that my entire prayer is written in the bible. Actually a lot of the book Psalm speaks of my hearts desire and prayers too. Such as this:Test me, LORD, and try me; examine my heart and mind. I say this to god everyday and yet I had no idea it was in scripture. I find so many of my prayers and hearts desires in the book of psalms. Psalms is my favorite book:]
Wonderful feeling indeed my friend.

So pleased you found Psalm 119.

Truly Amazing.

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
Just put it on Audio :)

H

hattiebod

God Bless you, it's wonderful isn't it? That we have THE BOOK! And it truly is our life guide! So rich! His Word is so soothing yet exciting! Have a blessed day, <><

Radius

Feb 11, 2013
Blain I know you love God, but I can't help but notice you do not capitalize His Name. I just wanted to point it out. If you can't because your computer is broken or you are typing from a phone I can understand. Anyway, sorry, I just hate seeing His Name on the same level (spelling-wise) as other "gods".

P

Powemm

Blain I'm very happy that God is revealing so much to and through you ...

Elin

Banned
Jan 19, 2013
Ps 119 is also one of my favorite psalms, particularly vv. 97-105, along with,

Ps 8, 16, 19, 25, 32, 51, 62, 63, 89, 91, 103, 121, 131, 138, 139, 145.

Last edited:
N

Nancyer

Blain, thank you. I just sat and read Psalm 119, in it's entirety. Yes, this is a great prayer! So much of it is on my heart as well. And I was pleased to see that parts of it are underlined in my Bible, so I have felt these words on my heart before.

Thank you and God Bless you, my friend
:eek:.

H

hopesprings

Hey! I am currently studying that Psalm as well! Funny how great minds think alike :)

D

didymos

It's the longest one too... :D

Feb 17, 2013
Psalms is one of my favorites as well. It's amazing how relevant it is in today times. Though it was written thousands of years ago. That's my God, amazing!!

von1

Apr 22, 2010
I write my favorite verses down on an index card and put them in my index card box. As i was reading your post i found 4 verses on psalm 119 i had wrote down. 119:2, 119:11, 119:103, 119:105

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Totally agree.
Psalm 119 is a awesome

It's a great repository of information on how GOD views the scripture he's given us, and also how he wants us to view it, and relate to it.
Very powerful stuff.

G

gentlekat

I love Psalms, so inspiring and uplifting to read each and everytime! It is as some of the others here have said, God already knows what you need and when you need, He directs our steps.All we gotta do is just trust and believe

Oct 31, 2011
This wonderful psalm means more to me than almost any other.

I had spent years and years with only the NT in my understanding, when I dug into the Torah, and all the God principles it teaches, putting the new and old testaments side by side. On the one side was God telling me of Himself, and often using law to express it. And Paul saying we weren't under law. I was one mixed up, unhappy woman.

Then I read psalm 119. It was my key to understanding. Of course, we have forgiveness of the sin that means death, we are freed. We are not under the death that sin leads to, but we have grace. But we have the loving, guiding hand of God leading us toward living in freedom and abundance through the law.

L

Laodicea

Psalms 119:163 KJV
(163) I hate and abhor lying: but thy law do I love.