Psalm 26

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

SpudLove

Jan 17, 2013
I have trouble reading Psalm 26 without feeling very guilty. Especially verses 1 & 2.

New International Version (NIV)

Psalm 26

Of David.

[SUP]1 [/SUP]Vindicate me, Lord,
for I have led a blameless life;
I have trusted in the Lord
and have not faltered.
[SUP]2 [/SUP]Test me, Lord, and try me,
examine my heart and my mind;
[SUP]3 [/SUP]for I have always been mindful of your unfailing love
and have lived in reliance on your faithfulness.

[SUP]4 [/SUP]I do not sit with the deceitful,
nor do I associate with hypocrites.
[SUP]5 [/SUP]I abhor the assembly of evildoers
and refuse to sit with the wicked.
[SUP]6 [/SUP]I wash my hands in innocence,
and go about your altar, Lord,
[SUP]7 [/SUP]proclaiming aloud your praise
and telling of all your wonderful deeds.

[SUP]8 [/SUP]Lord, I love the house where you live,
the place where your glory dwells.
[SUP]9 [/SUP]Do not take away my soul along with sinners,
my life with those who are bloodthirsty,
[SUP]10 [/SUP]in whose hands are wicked schemes,
whose right hands are full of bribes.
[SUP]11 [/SUP]I lead a blameless life;
deliver me and be merciful to me.

[SUP]12 [/SUP]My feet stand on level ground;
in the great congregation I will praise the Lord.

D

dpacifier91

romans 5 vs 9-10
Therefore, since we are now justified (acquitted, made righteous, and brought into right relationship with God) by Christ’s blood, how much more [certain is it that] we shall be saved by Him from the indignation and wrath of God. 10For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, it is much more [certain], now that we are reconciled, that we shall be saved (daily delivered from sin’s dominion) through His [[C]resurrection] life.

hebrews 10 vs 16-22

This is the agreement (testament, covenant) that I will set up and conclude with them after those days, says the Lord: I will imprint My laws upon their hearts, and I will inscribe them on their minds (on their inmost thoughts and understanding), 17He then goes on to say, And their sins and their lawbreaking I will remember no more. 18Now where there is absolute remission (forgiveness and cancellation of the penalty) of these [sins and lawbreaking], there is no longer any offering made to atone for sin. 19Therefore, brethren, since we have full freedom and confidence to enter into the [Holy of] Holies [by the power and virtue] in the blood of Jesus, 20By this fresh (new) and living way which He initiated and dedicated and opened for us through the separating curtain (veil of the Holy of Holies), that is, through His flesh, 21And since we have [such] a great and wonderful and noble Priest [Who rules] over the house of God, 22Let us all come forward and draw near with true (honest and sincere) hearts in unqualified assurance and absolute conviction engendered by faith (by [J]that leaning of the entire human personality on God in absolute trust and confidence in His power, wisdom, and goodness), having our hearts sprinkled and purified from a guilty (evil) conscience and our bodies cleansed with pure water.

my dear, through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ we are son's of God. we are the beloved of God through Christ Jesus. if you do something wrong, just go to father with boldness and humility. tell him what you did and thank for he has forgiven you, and he is perfecting you to the image of christ as you draw closer to his presence....
take care.

D

dpacifier91

king david himself was not perfect, infact he would have loved to live in our era. we are far better of than david was because we have Jesus Christ. through inspiration by the holyspirit paul wrote in romans 4 vs 5-8 (5. However, to the one who does not work but trusts God who justifies the ungodly, their faith is credited as righteousness.
6. David says the same thing when he speaks of the blessedness of the one to whom God credits righteousness apart from works:
7.“Blessed are those whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.
8.Blessed is the one whose sin the Lord will never count against them.”)

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Many Psalms have Messianic overtones giving us a picture of Christ. I believe Psalm 26 is one of these.

SpudLove

Jan 17, 2013
after almost shedding a few tears... thankyou all for replying. Feeling better now :cool: thankyou.

O

overcomer2

[h=3]Psalm 26:1-2[/h]King James Version (KJV)

26 Judge me, O Lord; for I have walked in mine integrity: I have trusted also in the Lord; therefore I shall not slide.
[SUP]2 [/SUP]Examine me, O Lord, and prove me; try my reins and my heart.

I always like David and the way he was so honest before the Lord. I don't think David believed himself to be free from sin especially after some of the horrible things he did. Yet, he would be the first to admit that. Even when he is mad he never pretends about how he feels. He prays to the Lord, poke out their eyes so they won't see. I mean he could pray some real mean prayers. But I think that is why he was a man after God's own heart.

Oh, and he is asking the Lord to judge him and examine him in this life. You want to make sure that you are judged in this life so you can deal with anything in your heart before the Lord comes.

1 Corinthians 11:32
But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.