Public phone preaching..........

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

Timofree

Holy Spirit inspired I believe.......here's the idea, turn your phone on silent, and in a public place put it to your ear and preach the gospel..........

Hello mate, what's that.......your going drinking Saturday? Sorry I don't want to come, nah nah, yeah seriously, ever since I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour I have found a joy and satisfaction that alcohol can't give me............ Yeah man you can become a Christian too, all you need to do is repent and trust in the Lord Jesus death to cover your sins. Yes it is that simple, you can't earn salvation...........make it sound natural I guess, and well, you get the idea ;)

woohooo I feel the pleasure of the Lord as I'm typing this, I look forward to using this on the bus tomorrow :D

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
You, sir, are the best kind of troll. :D

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
Holy Spirit inspired I believe.......here's the idea, turn your phone on silent, and in a public place put it to your ear and preach the gospel..........

Hello mate, what's that.......your going drinking Saturday? Sorry I don't want to come, nah nah, yeah seriously, ever since I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour I have found a joy and satisfaction that alcohol can't give me............ Yeah man you can become a Christian too, all you need to do is repent and trust in the Lord Jesus death to cover your sins. Yes it is that simple, you can't earn salvation...........make it sound natural I guess, and well, you get the idea ;)

woohooo I feel the pleasure of the Lord as I'm typing this, I look forward to using this on the bus tomorrow :D
haha funny =P

but unfortunately, there's gonna be that one person that says [insert a complaint on how dishonest this is and how deceiving it is and blah blah blah blah]

T

Timofree

haha funny =P

but unfortunately, there's gonna be that one person that says [insert a complaint on how dishonest this is and how deceiving it is and blah blah blah blah]
Yeah I thought of that, I dunno, I'd rather someone did this and gave me a chance to hear of Jesus than not and go to hell for an eternity..........but yeah, I see what your saying through somone else ;)

U

Ugly

haha funny =P

Yeah, thats going to be me. Because it truly is dishonest and deceitful. Just because we have good intentions or want to do something 'for God' doesn't make it a good thing.

starfield

Jun 13, 2009

Hahaha that's so funny! I wonder how the folks on the bus will react.

T

Timofree

Yeah, thats going to be me. Because it truly is dishonest and deceitful. Just because we have good intentions or want to do something 'for God' doesn't make it a good thing.
Yup and God bless you in that, it's not as clear cut as I felt it was yesterday. Glad I put it out there anyway

B

bealight2012

This is great! Lol

T

Timofree

I've been thinking about this today, and I think if it was a situation where I had to tell a lie to save someones earthly life, I would. And the same for eternal life.

But this is between each of us and God, He knows best, and if I'm wrong may God show me and by His grace I'll repent

Jilly81

Jan 16, 2011
Tim, I laughed really hard when I saw this :). Don't take that the wrong way; I can see God using that method (though I'd be REALLY careful about making sure that He wanted me to), but it's more the thought of if I were sitting next to you on the bus and you did that, and I had to keep a straight face, knowing what you were doing :). Although, if I was there, we could just tell each other about new converts and hope others were interested in hearing the conversation :). Not that I have any plans of visiting England, but anyway :). Of course, a lot of people would be happy to talk to you on the bus anyway :).

Last edited:
X

x_hertje_X

bwahahaha! that is a very good, but also a crazy idea ^^ which can be very well!

God once told me to offer one of my earphones to the girl next to me (on the bus as well), while I was listening to a song by tenth avenue north.
you should have seen her face while listening to the lyrics. totally shocked she asked me; what ís this? 0_o
... and there I got my opportunity to tell her, she was listening to was the love of Jesus Christ for her :)

are you in the Netherlands currently? or in England?
since there is quite a difference between those countries when it comes to having loud conversations on the phone while in the bus *-)

anyways, lovely idea! (just maybe tell God about His salvation, pretending to speak to someone doesn't sound so nice to me.. and God will understand what you are saying and even answer you ;))

W

wwjd_kilden

Hehe, this made me laugh.

However; would it not be a better idea to actually talk directly to the people you want to reach, rather than stage something?
Most people know something about what the bible says, but need to meet someone who has experienced it to "get it," I think.

T

Timofree

bwahahaha! that is a very good, but also a crazy idea ^^ which can be very well!

God once told me to offer one of my earphones to the girl next to me (on the bus as well), while I was listening to a song by tenth avenue north.
you should have seen her face while listening to the lyrics. totally shocked she asked me; what ís this? 0_o
... and there I got my opportunity to tell her, she was listening to was the love of Jesus Christ for her :)

are you in the Netherlands currently? or in England?
since there is quite a difference between those countries when it comes to having loud conversations on the phone while in the bus *-)

anyways, lovely idea! (just maybe tell God about His salvation, pretending to speak to someone doesn't sound so nice to me.. and God will understand what you are saying and even answer you ;))
In England at the mo, Netherlands next Mon :) praise God, I don't want to do anything outside of His will.......would rather keep quiet if necessary, than disobey. Will see what He has planned. He's extremely creative and exciting for sure :D

Jun 25, 2010
Hmmmm, is it deceitful to drop a tract that looks like a wallet in the middle of a busy public park, hoping that whoever picks it up might accept Christ? How about tracts that look like money? Deceitful? Maybe just a unique way of sharing the gospel, eh? Just a curiosity of mine...

Anyhooo, Tim, I did give your idea a A+ for creativity!

X

x_hertje_X

hahahaha! a bit maybe, -theygaveutheirworst-, but I like the idea ^^ over here they have flyers about Christ that look like other things, so that people are interested. I like one that looks like a warning you normally find on cigarettes :)