Quality vs. quantity.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Stuey

Aug 17, 2009
This is really strange, I feel like everyone here is giving a really similar answer?

Could this perhaps be a reflection on the type of people that come on the cc forums? Or specifically the singles forum - to talk about many issues? Perhaps because there are fewer people who come here and thus it is possible to keep track of people somewhat?

As for myself, I'm quite good at small talk and quite good at relating to people on a shallow basis whether I have a lot in common with them or not. Tell someone to talk about themselves or something they are interested in and they will yap all day...

I think I used to love having a large amount of shallow friendships but I think I've changed over the last 3-4 years.

Shallow conversations without purpose really frustrate me and shallow relationships without a purpose also really frustrate me. For example I hate putting time and effort into someone that I don't think I will see again. - This of course depends on the circumstance but you know.

So yeah... I love deep conversation and deep relationships. I find that I have many deep relationships with people. :)

A

arwen83

This is really strange, I feel like everyone here is giving a really similar answer?

Could this perhaps be a reflection on the type of people that come on the cc forums? Or specifically the singles forum - to talk about many issues?
Yeah, I was wondering the same. Maybe its because the people who have and like having many surfacey friendships are out with their friends lol. CC provides an opportunity for people to have deep conversations, so we're probably drawn out from the woodwork to revel in the community that speaks more to us. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that most of the ppl on here are introverted. Perhaps, thats why us singles have a harder time meeting someone? Just a thought.

Last edited:
C

Catlynn

Funny...I come here BECAUSE I'm an extrovert and need the social stimulus to recharge, so to speak. Granted, I hang out with friends here as well but when it's a crazy day, after the kids go down for a nap, getting on and chatting for a bit totally energizes me. ^_^ Weird...I know. Don't judge. :p

niceguyJ

Feb 5, 2011
Hmmm. Since this went to the introvert/extrovert thing:

Oddly enough, if I come on CC and just mostly read and observe I can get some of what I'd consider my alone/recharge time in that way. So I guess it's all in how you use the site. If I'm actively talking in chat, it's a bit different.

I have to deal with a good number of people (at least to me) in my work too; probably not nearly as many as Ritter though. It's quite possible some of these would say I'm an extrovert because I'm very friendly with them and such. People do tend to define "introvert" or "extrovert" in different ways though it seems. Plus, can a label really hold a person completely? Nah. Most of us are too complex...which is why I try to avoid generalizations.
I know I have different sides...even on CC that can show. In the forums, I tend to be more serious than in the chat. If I'm in the chat, I goof off a lot more than in the forums.
For someone like me, and probably most of you, not all sides of you would show in just one specific setting. So a lot of people only see that one side of you, and might be shocked if they knew more of you.

Thanks to all who have posted so far, and any after this. This has been an interesting read. I'm sure I'll run out of things to say about it at some point, maybe even now...but I'll keep reading.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
I often wonder in this day and age if the younger generations will even know what true friends are. People get frustrated with me because I have no interest nor participation in Facebook--I can see its value for keeping in touch, but for now, I choose not to be a part of it.

It's interesting that Jesus himself chose 12 disciples... and out of those 12, there were 3 He seemed especially close to, or perhaps they were the ones who needed His extra teachings the most (Peter, James, and John.)

I was talking with someone the other day about domestic violence and was thinking of the fact that if I ever found myself in a bad situation, I could name 5 people without hesitation who would offer me (and, if I had any, my children) assistance for as long as I needed without anything more than a phone call. If I had made a bad choice myself but called and asked for help, they would drop everything to come get me or send me a ticket. One of my childhood friends is an accountant and for years, has done my taxes and refused payment. Another pretty much made a feast for the two of us on Valentine's Day so we could enjoy each other's company and have a few laughs to fend off the loneliness. Another packed 80% of my things for me when I fell into a bad depression over leaving everything I'd ever known behind, because I was too sick to do it myself at the time.

Jesus said that there is no greater love than to put down your life for another. I feel very, very blessed that I know I have a handful of friends who would give me anything they had in order to help me get to a safer, healthier environment if need be.

I may meet hundreds of people and only bond with 3, but if you can find people like that in your life, they're worth several times more than any amount of others you could ever have around you.

Jul 25, 2005
I have 723 fb friends. I thought this was below average. Well...