Question about a practice at church

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

Tom_in_CA

DMA, if you ask me, yes, this sounds silly. I mean, I can just imagine. Putting myself in the shoes of an un-believer/seeker who is attending your church and hears that. It's like, do we really put a juvenile type pep cheer on the face of serious things like that ? (ie.: "making the devil mad", etc...). Quite frankly, I highly doubt the devil cares one iota about this mantra/cheer thing. He's already "mad" and "already" an enemy of God. So this seems to accomplish little (ie.: we're not going to "make him mad", as if this is one giant cartoon or something).

However, I'm not sure that you can do anything about it. :( Because, as silly as it may be, put yourself in a pastor's shoes: If every time we congregation members came to our pastor's with "great ideas" or "constructive criticism", we certainly can't expect them to be at our whims and opinions all the time. Because trust me: Pastors *routinely* hear critiques of their ways, systems, styles, etc.... Not saying that some of it might not be quite wise advice. But just that it becomes easy for pastors to get calloused to criticism, since we all tend to have our opinions at "how things should be done", ha. But in your particular case, I agree with your observation. Seems a silly thing to say/do.

SparkleEyes

Mar 23, 2013
I would leave before this pastor starts saying this. Get up and leave the sanctuary. He may notice and ask you...I don't know how I would answer him. :cool: