Question about Judgement day - is it real?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

BlackTigress777

Okay, through out my life, I've heard about something called Judgement Day. I didn't pay much attention to it, so I pretty much ignored it.

Now that I've gotten more in touch with christianity, I actually haven't gotten across anything about judgement day. I've heard about the Tribulation, which is the last seven years for the unbelievers. It's supposed to be the hardest of times for them, But then (this website) says that "The church, made up of all who have trusted in the person and work of the Lord Jesus to save them from being punished for sin, will not be present during the tribulation. The church will be removed from the earth in an event known as the rapture."

Does this mean that there's no such thing as judgement day for the believers? I'm just kind of lost overall when it comes to the Tribulation, Rapture and if there is Judgement day or not.

(Website):
What is the Tribulation? How do we know the Tribulation will last seven years?

Jul 12, 2012
First, this verse:
"But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection."
Was either added or removed from the book at some point. So somebody's in trouble.

Therefore, a subsequent verse about who is judged on judgement day can be interpreted different ways.
And also, depending on rapture theology.

It is my personal belief that those who follow Christ are judged before this day.
Those who simply believed but did not follow, along with non-believers, will be judged based
on their works, not just physical works, but the works of the heart also, to see if they actually did follow, i.e. were written in His book.

I guess the main question is, whenever that judgment comes, do we fear it, or do we trust it will be fair?
I pray God leads all who consider this to a state of peace, so that as they fear, they fear cleanly.

starfield

Jun 13, 2009
Okay, through out my life, I've heard about something called Judgement Day. I didn't pay much attention to it, so I pretty much ignored it.

Now that I've gotten more in touch with christianity, I actually haven't gotten across anything about judgement day. I've heard about the Tribulation, which is the last seven years for the unbelievers. It's supposed to be the hardest of times for them, But then (this website) says that "The church, made up of all who have trusted in the person and work of the Lord Jesus to save them from being punished for sin, will not be present during the tribulation. The church will be removed from the earth in an event known as the rapture."

Does this mean that there's no such thing as judgement day for the believers? I'm just kind of lost overall when it comes to the Tribulation, Rapture and if there is Judgement day or not.

(Website):
Judgment day is not the Tribulation.

The Great Tribulation will be the outpouring of wrath on those who missed the rapture of the church. It will also be the last chance for repentance because God will keep His promise with Israel to save them at last. The church will not be part of it because their garments have been washed by the blood of Christ (1 Thess 5:9), so we will be with the Lord in the Marriage Supper of the Lamb while the tribulation is taking place on earth.

The Great White Throne Judgment will occur after the millennium where sinners, including the dead, will be judged according to their deeds and receive eternal punishment (Rev 20:12). Satan and his angels will also be judged and cast into the Lake of Fire at this time (Rev 20:10). Believers will not be part of this judgment because they have believed in the Lord Jesus who bore their judgment on the cross (John 3:16-17);
rather believers, including the dead, will stand before the Lord at the Judgment seat (Bema) of Christ to give account of themselves (Rom 14:10). They will be judged to either receive or lose rewards.

The goal is to not be part of the Great White Throne Judgment.

I hope this helps. :)

Jan 22, 2011
All I have to say is this
Matthew 22:37-40
New International Version (NIV)
37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
STAY COOL. Everyone will be judge according to their works. You do not have to be afraid of it. We get judge everyday.

W

webchatter

True, without studying it yourself, you hear so many differing views from Christians, that it can't be deciphered from others' views. You've been given some appropriate Scripture to study (Rev.:20), which describes the 1,000 yr reign of Christ, Satan's last hurrah, then his being cast forever into the lake of fire, then final judgement.
And BEFORE these things we have the war of EZ:38,39, then a 7 year tribulation with the rapture being before, in the middle of, or after the trib.
The end of the tribulation culminates with the 2nd coming of Christ, who defeats the antichrist & false prophet with God's armies of saints & angels at the battle of armageddon. Then the 1,000 yr reign of Christ on earth, & satan is "bound" during this time.He is loosed briefly afterwards to tempt.

Some things some people fail to study is: the complete separation of 3 noted periods in the bible of end time prophecy,with all 3 being 3 1/2 years.
The first is the war of Ez.38 & 39. It takes 7 tears to bury the dead.The antichrist is not present in this war.But by the time he comes on the world scene & signs or negotiates a 7 yr. peace agreement with Israel & their antagonists, the tribulation has thus begun.
The 2nd 3 1/2 yr period is the 1st 3 1/2 yrs of the trib. NOWHERE IN THE BIBLE DOES IT SAY THAT WE WILL ESCAPE SATAN'S WRATH. Therefore, there is no reason to FIRMLY BELIEVE the rapture occurs before the trib starts.Actually Christians will be beheaded for not worshipping the beast, so there will be Christians here during the trib, proof in Scripture.Arn't we needed to identify the antichrist to non believers? Anyway, the Bible is clear that the LASt 3 & 1/2 yrs of the trib are God's wrath being poured out on earth.GOD PROMISED IN THE BIBLE THAT THE CHURCH /BELIEVERS WILL NOT BE HERE TO SUFFER GOD'S WRATH. Hence, I'm a firm believer that the rapture occurs mid trib.
Those raptured will be judged at that time, along with the dead in Christ who were resurrected then.(1Thess 4,1 Corin. 15:51-57,Rev 11:15-18.)
trib= Dan.9:24-27, 11:45 ,Rev.12:9,111:12.
Another argument & possible misinterpretation some people make, is when they claim the rapture has to occur at the 2nd coming, which we know the 2nd coming is at the batlle of armageddon, ending the trib.So people say the rapture is after the trib. That makes sense, but it makes other scripture false because God promised we would not be here to suffer his wrath during the trib= the last 3 & 1/2 yrs of the trib. So therefore, the rapture cannot be at the 2nd coming or else we have to suffer all the trib & God's wrath= God is going to break His promise.
At the rapture, Jesus is described as being on a white cloud. At Armmageddon, (the 2nd coming),he is on a horse.
The rapture is described as "The Lord's Day", not the 2nd coming I believe. Some people think "The Lord's Day" is the same as "The Second Coming".I re study those. :) It's a lot to study!! God bless you in your study of God's Word.

K

kenisyes

Judgement day may also be proved from Matt. 25:31-48.

Nov 19, 2012

(Website):

The Righteous are not Judged, according to scripture.

Judgment Day occurs outside of Heaven and is reserved for those not making it into Heaven...

Nov 29, 2012
First, this verse:
"But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection."
Was either added or removed from the book at some point. So somebody's in trouble.
This was not in the original? Really? I have never heard that before? Do you have an references I can follow up on? I'd like to research that.

I thought this meant the 144 thousands (Overcomers) were resurrected at the beginning of the Millennium and ruled the world with a rod of iron, with Christ (stand with Him in Mt Zion) for the duration. Then at the end of the Millennium, the rest of us are resurrected and then comes Judgment Day. Judgment can be a good thing if you are righteous and deserve a reward or a bad thing if you never repented in this life.

BTW, what is the Benjamin thing all about?

R

RachelBibleStudent

the easiest way to figure out end time prophecy is to begin with the teachings of jesus on the end time...

jesus explains judgment day as the separation of the gathered sheep and goats...we are the sheep :)

jb

Feb 27, 2010
Is it real?
Gen 18v25:

'...Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?'

Acts 10v42:

'And He commanded us to preach to the people, and to testify that it is He who was ordained by God to be Judge of the living and the dead.'

Rom 2v16:

'in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.'

Rom 3v6:

'Certainly not! For then how will God judge the world? '

2Tim 4v1:

'I charge you therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom.'

2Tim 4v8:

'Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing.'

Heb 10v30:

'..."The Lord will judge His people."'

Heb 12v23:

'...to God the Judge of all...'

James 5v9:

'Behold, the Judge is standing at the door!'

1Pet 4v5:

'They will give an account to Him who is ready to judge the living and the dead.'

Also see Dan 7v9,10 (with Rev 20v11-15), Matt 25v14-46...

So, 'Yes' it certainly is real!

Yahweh Shalom...

Jul 12, 2012
This was not in the original? Really? I have never heard that before? Do you have an references I can follow up on? I'd like to research that.
I don't have any references in notes or anything, but a google search will get you several articles on it.
Here's one of the first search results.
Note: I don't know anything about the author. Yet, the ravens have been commanded to bring you food Elijah. :p
Benefitting From the Ancient Manuscripts

I think there's a revelation on the answer to whether it was added or taken away, hidden somewhere in scripture and in the logic of the penalties for each. But I haven't been given it. I have asked,
but I am pretty sure that there is something else "on the way to the answer" that I am supposed to see first, and I am just waiting on it.

BTW, what is the Benjamin thing all about?
Benjamin shall ravin as a wolf: in the morning he shall devour the prey, and at night he shall divide the spoil.

Devouring the prey:
Judges 19 - Judges 21
A Levite (even) is disdained with his harlot concubine who runs away.
He treats her like a piece of meat to save his hide, then plots to kill her and blame his enemy.
Most of Israel takes the side of the wicked Levite and goes to war against the enemy.
Tribe of Benjamin fights to defend the enemy against the mis-accusations.
"every man did that which was right in his own eyes."

Dividing the spoil:
Was the story even paid attention to?
Which men actually did the right thing?

"Among all this people there were seven hundred chosen men lefthanded; every one could sling stones at an hair breadth, and not miss."

Peace.

D

Disdame45

Read the bible thoroughly and you will find much about the judgment. Mankind likes to gather around them people who will tell them what their itching ears want to hear. Hear and listen to God's word, not man's ideas about God's words, because you will get many different answers and ideas that will keep you in confusion. Ask for wisdom and understanding and seek diligently His kingdom and righteousness, then these answers will be given to you.

G

GRA

(Website):
Revelation 20:11-15 --> "Judgment Day"

"Everyone will be there..."

It will take place after the 1000-year reign of Christ on the earth.

The "Judgment seat of Christ" and the "Great White Throne Judgment" are one and the same.

No-one will be judged until then - and then, everyone will be judged.

The 'seven-year tribulation' - as it is understood and taught as being "the 70th week of Daniel" - is not Biblical.

Neither is the idea that "the church will not be present during the tribulation"...

"Do the 'hard work' - 'study it out' for yourself..."

:)

Dec 19, 2009

(Website):
I think you will run into several judgment days in the course of a lifetime.

Nov 19, 2012
No-one will be judged until then - and then, everyone will be judged.
It does not make sense for the Righteous to be judged, as they are already Righteous.

That is why the Bible repeats the same theme over and over again...and that is that the Righteous are excluded from God's Judgment and enter Heaven prior to the Judgment, of which, takes place outside of Heaven.

B

babyboyblue

(Website):

It is my belief that Judgement is going on right now for all the world. When Jesus comes the second time, He brings His rewards with him to give to every man according to his (the individual) works. Those who have both heard and did the will of God will be rewarded with Everlasting Life. The wicked will receive their reward - everlasting death - at the end of the 1000 years.

I believe the great tribulation will take place BEFORE the second coming and the church will be right here to go through it.

R

RachelBibleStudent

It does not make sense for the Righteous to be judged, as they are already Righteous.

That is why the Bible repeats the same theme over and over again...and that is that the Righteous are excluded from God's Judgment and enter Heaven prior to the Judgment, of which, takes place outside of Heaven.
it seems like a lot of christians confuse judgment with punishment...

God's judgment will not be a bad thing for us...we will be judged not guilty :)

Shilo

Aug 31, 2011
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due him for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.2 Corinthians 5:10

Matthew 16:27 For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father's glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what he has done

Nov 19, 2012
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due him for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.2 Corinthians 5:10

Matthew 16:27 For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father's glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what he has done

No judgment for the Righteous...

John 5.24 - 29

Truly, truly, I say to you, The one who hears My Word, and believes the One who has sent Me, has everlasting life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.Truly, truly, I say to you that an hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and the ones hearing will live. For even as the Father has life in Himself, so He gave also to the Son to have life in Himself. And He also gave authority to Him to execute judgment, for He is the Son of Man. Do not marvel at this, for an hour is coming in which all those in the tombs will hear His voice. And they will come out, the ones having done good into a resurrection of life; and the ones having practiced evil into a resurrection of judgment.