question about marriage and abandonment

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

jamiezav

I just have a question about abandonment and divorce. My husband and I have 2 children one of which is biologically his but has been in our sons life since he was 2. We got married in Feb 2005, and things were good but I had alot of issues of anger, distrust and hurt from my parents and ex. And we did not communicate well, kind of like talk about things until they got uncomfy hen sweep it under the rug. We went to church together and got baptized together. And I guess in a way I was trying to push him away so I wouldn't get hurt but figured because he was was Christian he wouldn't leave. I know crazy. We had arguments but never were apart because of them. Well ff to 2010, his mom came from his country it was wonderful and she was staying with us, and alot of his family was visiting and one in particular who dislikes me anismore than happy to share her thoughts of me with anyone who will listen. When his mom was here taking care of him and I let her cause I was upset and tired between work kids and alot of people, it was a relief. And he began to tell me the things he disliked, how I don't do enough and got really mad one day and slammed down on the table and a fork went flying past our daughters head. I took the kids and left. He called and I said in done I want a divorce, he said no and was upset so we went home and things were ok, on some previous times i had said some horrible things to him because i was angry and stupid. He's a good husband i had alot to deal with and didn't so i took it out on him :-/. Well June 2010 not to long after we went back home he said find somewhere for you and the kids cause I'm done and I'm giving up the place. I cried ,begged and pleaded but to no avail. So i asked my parents if we could go there(bad idea) but had to till got on my feet they were demeaning and emotionally abusive to me . That lasted until Sept when they threw us out at 11 pm i think it was. So we went into a hotel vut that was to much for the 3 of us so i asked them if we could please come back they said not you just the kids. well i said fine i will be able to work more and save up to get a place and get them so i saw them and had hem with me all the time i wasn't working a called everyday was involved in my sons dr appts and the kids school. Gradually i startedgwtting told things it was weird . Butg anyway i found a home for us in another state, set up stuff for the schools there and a church and 5 days before we were leaving i went to the school to finish the transfer papers and my mom was there and as soon as she saw me she took off i was like :/ weird but then i get called in the office and served with papers hat my parents went to court to get temp custody to stop me from moving. I was devastated to say the least. And i couldn't call my husband to tell him because he calls me from a blocked number ani don't know where he lives. He only saw the kids once in a while and really only our daughter not our son but even with her he went 9 months w/o seeing her. And promised to take our son one day when he was picking up our daughter and said next week he will take him and my son fell to he floor crying cause he missed him so much drew a picture of him and daddy fishing. He was in a rush cause the ow was driving. But when he first found out what happened he said he would get a lawyer to get our daughter but I asked him not to because my parents hate him and it would have made it worse. I prayed for God to get a pro bono lawyer and thankfully i believe less then 2 weeks later He did. My daughter was given back june 15 :-D:-D:-D:-D:-D. We go back soon for my son, its alot more in depth with him because he is older and angry anmy parents feed off that and tell him bad lies and buyhis love with things i can't afford. Share trying to ruin our relationship. He gets to do whatever he wants whenever what 11 year old wouldn't love that. But they have no basis for keeping him, and are not following the court orders and i have been cleared of everything and been cooperative from day one. Please pray forus for that. And my husband supposedly broke up with the ow, well my daughter saw him the other week and he hato take the train everywhere as apposed to him having her car , and she doesn't cook for daddy anymore , he cooks now anshe moved upstairs and daddy downstairs now, so some thing must have happened :-D. He has never admitted he was with her and has told me they are not together he just rents a room from her, blah blah blah. I rent a room and i don't sleep in the same bed as them. The thing is before he left i bought 2 matching tings and gave him one saying something like i will always love you and some other stuff anwe wear the rings on our wedding ring fingers, ouroriginals are gone. But everytime i see him he always wears his and i do to. He has spoken about divorce 2 times and i told him once i won't sign because i didn't feel God was telling me too. I have been atandingfor my marriage ,praying and trusting God for restoration and God has shown me Many times He has it and will restore us.:-D . But sometimes i get overwhelmed and frustrated waiting and have started thinking about pursuing a divorce. Everything is on me , I've been so stressed I've had panic attacksto the point i thought i was dying if a heart attack, heart felt like it was trying to pound out of my chest and racing i was hysterical, i have a broke down car that God willing will only cost $300 and not be the whole engine broken that will be $1000 for a used one and i can't afford that rent and food and i do know Fod has this all taken care of cause through everything God has always been there and provided everything we needed in amazing ways. Ieven when i am rude ,doubtful , angry and worse He still loves and forgives me. ,<3<3<3<3<3. and feel bad for the kids and me , they miss him and our son is hurt and angry because my husband doesn't call or see him. I don't know if Biblically this is ok to divorce him. Some say if i do and remarry, i do not want to be alone. That i would be going to hell. That the exception clause was meant during the Jewish betrothal period as Joseph and Mary he would have been allowed to divorce her because she was pregnant before they were together married. But that the way it is written asadultery was not the original word. A someone who knows the whole situation said that i need to pray for him to repent and turn back to God and pray for God to bring him home that i should not seek out the divorce if he chooses too that's different. But that it would be great to keep praying cause God can do it, and after the things God has spoken to my heart. I just feel like 2 years already and except for like a month when we were in the hotel, he hasn't showed any change, well he does go to church again :-D. But has showed no interest in reuniting or been there when we need him. Sorry it was so long but just wanted to be thorough

J

jamiezav

Sorry I tried to seperste it into paragraphs it didn't work

N

nw2u

Talk to a counselor. Ask about one at your church or your doctor's office. I think it may help. God Bless You and your family.

B

blessedmommy34

ngJamie, my first question to you would be, in the 2 years that you have been separated, have you addressed any of your issues? Have you seeked professional help for yourself so that you can be better first and foremost? Secondly is have you or your husband ever considered marriage counseling to at least see if your really done or if there is still love there beneath all the pain and hurt? Your hurts and anger have alot to do with your childhood and your parents..maybe if you seeked help, you can take that to court when battling for your son and that might even help have a fresh start with your son with out all the anger and frustration and pain that you have been carrying all these years.

I myself am separated and am having a difficult time dealing with it, but I chose it becuz my husband was a drug addict and emotionally abusive and I just couldnt live like that anymore. Since being separated, I have seeked therapy for myself and I am also joining a battered women's support group ..I also told my husband that if I were ever to even consider a reconciliation, it would only be after he has undergone intense psychotherapy for his issues and I have physically seen a change in him. When children are involved, their happiness and well being is what matters most.

Please forgive my saying this, but I really feel you need to seek out a support group for yourself and the abuse u experienced and continue to experience with your parents...you need to be able to forgive to be able to move on. I also think it would absolutely benefit you to seek counseling for yourself and your children so that they dont suffer the same pain and suffering that you did. Maybe if your husband sees that your are getting help, God can open to his eyes to realize your marriage still has a chance...I dont know if that will happen, but the best thing will be that you will have addressed your past and issues to be able to start anew.

I know that the bible teaches that we are not to seek divorce which is why I am separated and divorced..everyone advises me to divorce with what I went through, but I just find it too final and Im just not ready to take that step, but i have completely separated myself from him and have been living for myself and my boys...its hard, but it feel great at the same time. If he is not pressuring you for a divorce, than hold off on it and seek help for yourself and pray for God to light your path and your husbands and to show you what the right thing is that should be done.

If he hasnt completely given up, and you said he was a good husband and you were the problem, than you dont give up either...but rather heal yourself.

I hope this has helped, I will have you in my prayers.

R

Risen

Dear Jamie
I totally agree with Blessed mummy34. Seek God's guidance, and healing over your life and your children first. it is my prayer that you will find peace and harmony in God's word.
God is with you always

J

jamiezav

To ugly I'm on my phone it doesn't have a enter key and when I put spaces to separate them but when I posted it still came up like this

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
Going to Christian counseling together would probably benefit you both. An objective third party can open the communication and keep things calm so you can work things out.

Even if you don't get back together (but I'm praying that you do) you will hopefully have your issues worked out...especially where the children are concerned.

J

jamiezav

I have gone to counseling through my church. And when he first left I blamed it all on him, until the day God shoved a nice size piece of humble pie down my throat and I was forced to face the facts of my part in this. And have made numerous changes that are noticeable, while I will always be a work in progress. Me being able to mention the things I've done are a big step for me and knowing why I did them. With my parents they could care less and I need to face that. What was done by my ex I need to forgive fully and forget and not let it affect me anymore. My husbanand I went for some counseling before he left but since then he has not been involved and shoews no interest in being together :'( but God willing God can change his heart. I've thought Hod was showing me things supporting that :-D I'm just wondering if Biblically I am free because I have heard conflicting sides and explanations. That I should not pursue divorce ot has to be him. Either way I know we will be ok. Yes it is my hearts desire to be with my husband, we miss and love him very much. I just don't want to wait around until I'm 70 God willing I will live that long plus more unless He comes back to take us all with him <3<3<3<3<3

M

mistywomack

Jamie go to the entrodruce yourself and I wrote u back on that page lol. I'm new to so idk where to go either.

S

shekaniah

Jamie,

I can't even begin to imagine the turmoil you have been through.
I will pray for you, your kids and family.
Keep seeking God's wisdom...
Read it in the word, listen for it in songs and sermons.
Ask God to bless you with it!
Love in Christ, Shekaniah

James 1:5
If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.

J

jamiezav

Thank you all who have replied. We went to counseling before he left. I have been to individual counseling and to my greatest Counselor Our Daddy :-D. He is teaching me many things. I realize there were many thingas that were my doing and ibam working to change them. I would live ihe would go to counseling but I doubt the ow would allow that please pray in agreement with me that He will turn back to God and that their relationship will be growing deeper continually and that the ow and he will be no more together that God will soften his heart a bring him ack to the kids and I and pleaser also pray this Thursday we have court to get my son and please for these panic attacks to be gone thanks all in Jesus Name Amen <3<3<3<3<3

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
Thank you all who have replied. We went to counseling before he left. I have been to individual counseling and to my greatest Counselor Our Daddy :-D. He is teaching me many things. I realize there were many thingas that were my doing and ibam working to change them. I would live ihe would go to counseling but I doubt the ow would allow that please pray in agreement with me that He will turn back to God and that their relationship will be growing deeper continually and that the ow and he will be no more together that God will soften his heart a bring him ack to the kids and I and pleaser also pray this Thursday we have court to get my son and please for these panic attacks to be gone thanks all in Jesus Name Amen <3<3<3<3<3

I'm praying for these things for you also :)

Praying also for calmness, peace, and clarity of thought for you, sister, as you navigate these murky waters.

I admire your personal growth in this! It would be extremely hard for me to pray for the other woman but you have done the hardest thing....pray for your enemy :)

M

Mcokha

For I know the plans I have for you says the Lord , plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you HOPE and a future