Question about ppl prone to supernatural

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
So.... what makes a person more prone to supernatural events? Believers and non believers? I know some Christians who have encountered demons angels and have had other supernatural experiences that I do not have permission to share. I also have met Christians who have not hardly experienced supernatural things even though they are extremely wise and mature in faith.

Then you have non believers who experience supernatural things I have met some who encountered the devil who encountered God himself even or rather more specifically Jesus While of course some never have.

May 12, 2015
Super natural should be natural to Christians. I don't know what kind of Christian doesn't continue the works of Jesus.

For unbelievers I have no idea maybe a wake up call for them.. Are they still unbelievers after?

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Super natural should be natural to Christians. I don't know what kind of Christian doesn't continue the works of Jesus.

For unbelievers I have no idea maybe a wake up call for them.. Are they still unbelievers after?
When I say supernatural I don't simply mean doing the works of Jesus, I am talking about encountering spiritual beings hearing God's voice out loud in broad daylight suddenly being consumed by a fire from the holy spirit ect. and as for if they are unbelievers after yes sometimes they are

May 12, 2015
I just recognised your name, I had a convo with you 3 years ago. It's been so long.

I see Cobus is banned, what a shame that was a good fella

Feb 7, 2013
When I say supernatural I don't simply mean doing the works of Jesus, I am talking about encountering spiritual beings hearing God's voice out loud in broad daylight suddenly being consumed by a fire from the holy spirit ect. and as for if they are unbelievers after yes sometimes they are
As it is written;

"Live by faith and not by sight."

"Faith comes from hearing and hearing the Word of GOD."

Simply one may say that one don't mean about only doing the works of JESUS, as the only sent builder of the New Covenant/Testament and it's people, which justifies, one has gone ahead of JESUS's word/teaching and seeking 'signs' and 'wonders' to be 'just'.

The 'false prophet' is going to come and along side with the 'beast/anti-CHRIST', who is going to do more than one see and seek or discuss for now. And he will 'deceive' many, even 'weak' Christians.

As it is said and written according to the Gospel of the New Covenant/Testament that, 'only' an adulterous and perverse generation seek such and want to discuss about such, which is 'witnessing' in 'vain' and 'ignorance', against the already 'given' Covenant/Testament of GOD, by CHRIST and for CHRIST, given to HIS 'New Jerusalem'.

GOD bless in the name of LORD JESUS CHRIST, even 'sir Blain' to repent from 'vain' discussions, that 'deceives' and 'deviates' many from Grace and Truth 'faithful attention' only, to 'as it is written'.

A

atwhatcost

So.... what makes a person more prone to supernatural events? Believers and non believers? I know some Christians who have encountered demons angels and have had other supernatural experiences that I do not have permission to share. I also have met Christians who have not hardly experienced supernatural things even though they are extremely wise and mature in faith.

Then you have non believers who experience supernatural things I have met some who encountered the devil who encountered God himself even or rather more specifically Jesus While of course some never have.
I've never seen an angel or demon, ghost, ghoulie, or... well, I was going to say things that go bump in the night, until I remembered that time when Dad went on vacation leaving me to watch little brother for a week. In the middle of the night, I heard a bump. Thought someone came into the house. Had to protect little brother, but I was frozen in fear. Took me five minutes to get the courage to get out of my bedroom only to discover the bump in the night was little brother going to the bathroom. lol

But, I suspect I don't see them because I don't believe in them, kind of. I do believe in angels, but anytime they've come to earth they looked like men, so how can I tell the difference? And demons? I don't want to see them.

But, I do kind of believe in ghost too, because I trust people who aren't Christians but have said they've seen or felt them. My older brother, who is even more rational than I am, chose to sit in that rocker and felt the ghost. (A friend of his lived in a haunted house, and that was the original owner's bedroom with the original furniture. The friend said any time he moved his furniture around, the next morning the furniture was back where it "belonged." And, there was a rocker near the fireplace. If you sat in it, the ghost let you know if he liked you. If he did, you'd feel warm and comfortable. If he didn't, you'd feel cold and creeped out. Brother felt warm and comfortable. I was too chicken to try it.)

And an old friend told me of her experience with another ghost, and I believed her too.

I just don't know what to make of this stuff, so I try to avoid that stuff.

But, if you mean God supernaturally working, that I've seen plenty of and experienced some of. It's cool and I love seeing him in action at the smallest moments and in mighty ways. Only time it creeps me out is with hurricanes, floods, huge fires, but it's still God and still serving his purposes, so it all works out to his glory somehow.

Just stuff I think. Don't take it as gospel.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I just recognised your name, I had a convo with you 3 years ago. It's been so long.

I see Cobus is banned, what a shame that was a good fella
I'm sorry I don't remember you, what did we talk about? I hope i wasn't too immature I haven't even been saved for an entire three years yet so as immature in faith as I am now I was much more immature back then

May 12, 2015
I'm sorry I don't remember you, what did we talk about? I hope i wasn't too immature I haven't even been saved for an entire three years yet so as immature in faith as I am now I was much more immature back then
No biggie, I was under a different name at the time. I can't remember what we talked about, but I hope your journey with the Divine is going well

R

RachelBibleStudent

i think some christians may have experienced something supernatural but just did not have the discernment to realize it...

on the other hand i think some christians actually open themselves up to spiritual attacks simply by obsessing over the works of satan and imagining them everywhere...

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
i think some christians may have experienced something supernatural but just did not have the discernment to realize it...

on the other hand i think some christians actually open themselves up to spiritual attacks simply by obsessing over the works of satan and imagining them everywhere...
Ya sadly I know just what your talking about. I have seen many Christians obsess over spiritual things seeking them everywhere and in everything. Don't seek supernatural or spiritual events and signs let them come to you as God wills