question about sins

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

Titania

I went to my friends church and they were talking about sins so if a little kid 6/7 years old steals and doesnt understand stealing is a sin and finds out later after the fact that it is does it count as a sin?
like if you dont know something is a sin and you do it does it count as a sin in Gods eyes if you're ignorant of it?

Shilo

Aug 31, 2011
Leviticus 4; 27-31
If any member of the community sins unintentionally and does what is forbidden in any of the Lord’s commands, when they realize their guilt 28 and the sin they have committed becomes known, they must bring as their offering for the sin they committed a female goat without defect. 29 They are to lay their hand on the head of the sin offering and slaughter it at the place of the burnt offering. 30 Then the priest is to take some of the blood with his finger and put it on the horns of the altar of burnt offering and pour out the rest of the blood at the base of the altar. 31 They shall remove all the fat, just as the fat is removed from the fellowship offering, and the priest shall burn it on the altar as an aroma pleasing to the Lord. In this way the priest will make atonement for them, and they will be forgiven.

Leviticus 5: 17-18
17 “If anyone sins and does what is forbidden in any of the Lord’s commands, even though they do not know it, they are guilty and will be held responsible. 18 They are to bring to the priest as a guilt offering a ram from the flock, one without defect and of the proper value. In this way the priest will make atonement for them for the wrong they have committed unintentionally, and they will be forgiven. 19 It is a guilt offering; they have been guilty of wrongdoing against the Lord.”

T

Titania

I read online the unforgiveable sin is to speak bad about the holy spirit I have said God doesnt exist so what does that mean for me? Does God forgiven all sins if you're really sorry for them and the ones you didnt know about at the time? And how do you not commit sins? like theres the 10 commandments and then little ones that Im just finding out about how do you remember all the sins? Im worrid and really nervous and Im scare my pass sins are unforiveable :( am I doomed to hell?

Shilo

Aug 31, 2011
The LORD loves you more then you could ever know. He does not just love he is love. He created you to love him but it is up to you to except that love. God sent his son that if you confess your sins with your mouth and believe that Jesus took your punishment on himself. This shows how deep his love is for you. He would rather take your punishment then to see you come to harm. You are not going to hell if you except that Jesus paid the price for you. What God has done is sent us his love letter in his word this is so we can get to know him, love him and walk in his ways that pleases him. He holds you in his very heart he is your biggest fan. When you hurt he hurst and when you overcome anything there is a party in heaven because you are his child. , He will never leave you and will never reject you. If you seek him out you will find him. When you confess your sins he forgives you because of your heart and how it has turned to him washed in the blood of Jesus. As you read the bible and learn his ways the Holy Spirit can remind you of how you are to walk out this life. The closer you walk with GOD the less you sin because his Spirit guides and protects you, but you will not stop sinning as long as we are in our human bodies . Our flesh is weak and GOD knows our weakness so as long as we are trying with all that we are and letting the Spirit lead us he forgives us. He is for you not against you. The Holy Spirit can remind you of sins you have not repented of yet or you can ask GOD to forgive you for all sins that have left your mind and to create in you a clean heart and renew a right spirit within you. God loves those who love him when he sees you loving him with all your heart, strength and mind his Spirit helps you grow in him and then whatever happens in your life you will know he is with you. He is there to cry with you, comfort you, teach, share in your joy.

The unforgivable sin is to deny The Holy Spirit. You can Speak a unkind word against GOD and Jesus but if you truly repent then he will forgive you.
Blaspheming of the Holy Spirit is the unforgivable sin. The Pharisees had long observed the sinless Jesus Christ. They observed him doing undeniable and powerful miracles that were, at the very least, clear evidence of power supplied by God. People who firmly set their hearts against Jesus the Messiah and know the truth but have rejected GOD. They know the truth but called the precious holy Spirit of God unclean, of no effect, or say he is in league with satan, they deliberately closed their eyes to the truth. It is like Judas who walked with Jesus . Judas was given power to heal people when he was sent out with the followers of Jesus. Judas with all his first hand knowledge of Jesus turned him in for money. He exchanged the heavenly for the earthly.
He exchanged the heavenly for the earthly. Read about his love for you in his word and you will not have to be afraid of going to hell if you believe and follow what he has told you.
Deuteronomy 6:4-6
4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. 5 Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. 6 These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts.
1 Chronicles 16:34
34 Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.
Psalm 5:11
11 But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you.
Psalm 13:5
5 But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation.
Psalm 31:7
7 I will be glad and rejoice in your love, for you saw my affliction and knew the anguish of my soul.
Psalm 85:10
10 Love and faithfulness meet together; righteousness and peace kiss each other.
Zephaniah 3:17
17 The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."
Romans 5:5
5 And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.

Last edited:

starfield

Jun 13, 2009
I read online the unforgiveable sin is to speak bad about the holy spirit I have said God doesnt exist so what does that mean for me? Does God forgiven all sins if you're really sorry for them and the ones you didnt know about at the time? And how do you not commit sins? like theres the 10 commandments and then little ones that Im just finding out about how do you remember all the sins? Im worrid and really nervous and Im scare my pass sins are unforiveable :( am I doomed to hell?
God provided a plan of salvation by sending His son, Jesus Christ, to pay the price for sin. Exercise faith in Christ's atoning blood for the remission of your sins. Come to Him in prayer with a repentant heart, ask Him for forgiveness and He will forgive and purify you from sins and to give you victory over them.
Matthew 26:28-For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
1 John 1:9-If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Titus 3:5- Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

A

arwen7

I will try to answer your questions to the best of my understanding of what I have read and studied in University.

1st- I read online the unforgiveable sin is to speak bad about the holy spirit I have said God doesnt exist so what does that mean for me?- The blasphemy of the Holy Spirit Matt 12:30-37. According to a Bible Commentary on Matthew, some modern-day interpreters have misinterpreted this strong verse. Jesus is speaking in context of some of the 1st century Rabbi leaders rejection of Jesus's messianic claims. Some of these people rejected and attributed the work of the Holy Spirit to Baalism and the pagan gods, and not God, the Father. There is a personal application to this verse as well. By rejecting the Holy Spirit, in a real sense, we are rejecting God's only way of receiving God's mercy and forgiveness through Jesus. In Matthew 12 Jesus is emphasizing the importance of our words in regard to the Holy Spirit. Is Jesus the messiah sent from the father or is he a false teacher representing the kingdom of Satan? Our words and actions testify that we either believe or not that Jesus is the Messiah. It seems to me that your heart is in the right place and this is quite a concern for you.

2nd- God forgiven all sins if you're really sorry for them and the ones you didnt know about at the time? And how do you not commit sins. Our human nature and free will leads us into all sorts of sin, there isn't another sinless person aside from Jesus. We can try so hard but we all end up falling short. That is why there is grace. God gave Israel the 10 Commandments so that they would understand God's standards for righteousness. It was in their best interest to follow them because they lead to life, but time and time again, they fell short, disobeyed or strayed away from God. God time and time again, had to get their attention so they would come back to Him, because He is Life and they were following things that lead to death. Kind of like a Shepard herding his sheep away from danger like a cliff. I think God saw that these commandments weren't working, His people strayed. Something else had to happen. Something big. Something that has never happened before. God made the choice to become man. Jesus, being man and God fulfilled the Law (10 commandments) and took God's wrath of sin upon himself. It was the only way that we could be saved; Jew and Gentile. We couldn't do it on our own. So, you cannot stop sinning because it is in our human nature, but that is why there is grace when we repent and change our patterns. God has our best interest in mind, he is the Shepard that is trying to guide His sheep from danger and death. So try to uphold the commandments to the best of your ability (knowing that you are not perfect), because they will lead to Life (I need to take my own advice too). PLEASE know that it is not a determining factor on whether you enter Heaven or not.

I hope this gives you some peace. God Bless You.

Aug 8, 2012
Things like stealing aint a sin,if a man steals bread coz his starving AND jesus told him to steal scince he already asked for bread,is that a sin?I dont hink so.If a man rejects jesus coz he was raised by sinners is that a sin?Sometimes people are just innocent but still accused by those who consider themselves "SAVED"!:cool:

Smart people commit sins coz they know what theyre doin is wrong.Im not 1 of those people.Im a lunatic so i dont commit sins unless i know so.This is my advice to u,friend.:cool:

Shilo

Aug 31, 2011
Things like stealing aint a sin,if a man steals bread coz his starving AND jesus told him to steal scince he already asked for bread,is that a sin?I dont hink so.If a man rejects jesus coz he was raised by sinners is that a sin?Sometimes people are just innocent but still accused by those who consider themselves "SAVED"!:cool:

Smart people commit sins coz they know what theyre doin is wrong.Im not 1 of those people.Im a lunatic so i dont commit sins unless i know so.This is my advice to u,friend.:cool:
Acts 4:12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

Anyone who rejects Jesus as sined and if by his death never except Jesus he will die in his sins.

Proverbs 6:30-31 30 Men do not despise a thief if he steals to satisfy his hunger when he is starving. 31 Yet if he is caught, he must pay sevenfold, though it costs him all the wealth of his house.

Proverbs 30:9 Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you and say, 'Who is the LORD?' Or I may become poor and steal, and so dishonor the name of my God

If you steal it is a sin and must be brought befor GOD for forgivness in Jesus name.

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
God doesn't expect children to understand everything. But now that you're at the age of accountability you are understanding the difference between right and wrong and are capable of making a decision for Christ or against Christ.

God will forgive your past sins if you are sorry for them.. even denying the Holy Spirit before you realized what you were doing. The unforgivable sin is denying God permanently. Those who reject Christ completely will obviously not have eternal life (John 3:16).

After the age of accountability (around 12 or so), we cannot use ignorance as an excuse for unbelief. God provides enough revelation of Himself for everyone to choose.

Christ said when asked which was the most important commandment:

29 “The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.[e] 30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’[f] 31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[g] There is no commandment greater than these.” ( Mark 12:29-31).

I highly recommend the QUEST Study Bible...it explains things really well!

God loves you immensely and wants you to be His child....He is not an ogre waiting for you to fail and then hit you over the head with the Bible.

Get to know Him! You will be amazed :)